Possible Narrative the next two weeks - Rams not deserving of SB Birth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I TRIPLE dog dare you to join that Saints forum and try to convince them that the refs had nothing to do with their loss (an opinion I support, btw). I put the over/under on your membership there at 3 minutes.

I took one peak at that place and....

original.gif

No.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Here in Houston they played a clip of a bar party that had minimal reaction after the GWFG. Then they went on some shtick on how the Rams don't have long tenured fans, and anyone now is a bandwagoner after game 4 this year.

But they didnt give a rat's ass about the Saints either lol.
I seen that too from my brother in law ( Eagles fan) , busting my balls that the Rams have no fan base

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
FullSizeR002.jpg

The top left pic alone... that should have been 1st and 10 from the 1 yard line... instead... we had to kick the FG.

The rest were game changers too.

Angry Ram

Well the afternoon show was better. Summary: yeah bad call, but Rams were the better team, deserved to win, Saints also had their opportunities.

Angry Ram

Reggie Wayne quoted his OC Tom Moorstead, saying the team should make the calls/no calls not matter, and pointed out on those thee RZ opportunities in the 1st, and giving up long TD drives on defense.

David Carr said Asshole Face should rise above over blaming officials, and be better than that.

Seems like NFLN is coming around.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
FullSizeR002.jpg

The top left pic alone... that should have been 1st and 10 from the 1 yard line... instead... we had to kick the FG.

How about the face mask on Cooks on the long pass downfield right before halftime? (Thanks for finding the screen shot!!) That certainly appears to be why he didn’t just walk into the end zone. Gurley scored anyway, but it was still a potential game changing foul that wasn’t called.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah there are idiot fans saying they are skipping the SB because of that narrative. One of them is Harry Connick Jr Lol. Screw 'em! I skipped a few SB's when the Cheatriots were playing. Gotta watch this one though!

Honestly, if it was the Saints/Pats like I thought it would (and it's a little weird that a lot of the Super Bowl advertisements feature the Saints and Pats more prominently than the Chiefs and Rams), then I'd probably skip it.

I can catch all the funny commercials on Youtube and catch a ten minute highlight reel and that'd be it.

What's funny is that as Rams fans, we've been SCREAMING for there to be something done about the refereeing for over a decade... since Super Bowl 36, actually.

And let's be clear. If the roles were reversed and the game was in LA and that happened to a Rams receiver and we had the ball to start OT and still lost, then ALL we'd hear would be about how McVay blew the calls at the end of the game and how Goff threw an INT in OT...blah, blah, blah.

It's hypocritical. And I know some Rams fans out in the universe are willing to be that.

But I'm not and I know a lot of others here are not, either.

The PI was a horrendous non-call, but so was the Goff facemask. SINCE WHEN do we not see a facemask call on a QB, running or not? Heck, in the Pats game, they called a "blow to the head" for Brady and the defender never even TOUCHED his head.

If this is what it takes for the league to take uniformity and accuracy in refereeing seriously, then it is what it is.

The Rams won that game because neither team calls the calls. It's not pickup basketball at the local courts. The Rams responded better when it counted and they deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

/end of line

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I didn't buy into the conspiracy theory against the Rams so I am surely not going to buy into the conspiracy theory for the Rams. Bad calls are unfortunate but part of the game. If your whole game comes down to one play/one call then you didn't do what you needed to do on the other 130+ plays. Payton is a successful coach but a poor leader and that will be his undoing. I would be upset by the headset issue and any unfair noise (music, whistles, amplification) if the Rams had lost but I would ultimately have blamed it on a poor first quarter and missed opportunities to turn it around.

I said in November that I thought the NFL wanted the Pats and Saints, to let it be a battle of legends and legacy.

Maybe that was the plan. I dunno. It sure seems from the Super Bowl promos running on NFLN today that the Pats and Saints are much more prominently featured than the Chiefs and Rams.

But, I was wrong. I mean, I think and hope I was. It's always possible (and the early calls sure made it look that way) that the refs were gonna nudge this every so slightly toward NO, but our D made that tough and our OL played out of their minds.

And the refs can't make Payton do the obvious thing and run it 3x and go up with a chip shot FG by 3 with 40-50 seconds on the clock and no Rams TOs.

So, honestly, I dunno, but it sure seems I was wrong. Or, maybe, between the Rams outplaying the Saints and a PAIR of refs calling the same no call (people want to say it was one guy, but there were two guys right on top of the play), they just blew up the league's plans and then the Rams snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

All I know is that the Rams are in the freakin' SUPER BOWL and I couldn't be happier that we're not stuck grousing about those 4 critical non-calls that went in favor of the Saints.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
While I agree that the missed call was awful, many of us have been railing on the pitiful game calling all season. Calls do cost teams games and there were three missed calls that were potential game changers in this one. Two went against the Rams. One would have put the Rams in first and goal and the other would have changed the Ain'ts situation from 2nd and goal at the 3 to 2nd and goal from the 8. With how the Rams were playing, it is highly likely that A) the Rams punch that 1st and goal in for a TD rather than having to settle for a FG and B) that the Rams defense might have forced a FG instead of a 3 yard TD.

It's unfortunate that the zebras were this bad. I guess the NFL chose the wrong crew. But teams have been screwed all year by terrible officiating and this time one of the blatantly bad calls went our way. If the NFL isn't going to correct the problem, I am not going to give two shits about fans being upset about this game. Take your complaints to the NFL and force change.

Truth.

We've been on the pointy end of the bad call stick for so long, I wasn't sure what the other side was like. It don't feel good, but it beats the crap out of the pointy end, that's for dang sure.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
They claim DB is the GOAT because he owns (or will own) every record before the sun sets on his career.

At the end of the day GOAT is up for interpretation. Are you going by stats or by titles.

Titles.

It's why Bill Russell was a greater great than Jordan. Well, and also there was that whole 90s NBA fixed refereeing thing...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good. This will be great bulletin board material for our team. They'll want to send a message.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I said this a few days ago and completely blasted by folks here.

I said that you do whatever it takes to win, and don’t give an f what people think.

It’s true. You guys are going, and the Saints aren’t.

If the call goes the other way I’m not apologizing for the refs. That’s the NFL’s problem.

No.

You were advocating for cheating as an excuse. I stand by what I said.

The Rams didn't cheat and I'd ditch them if they did. If the Rams were caught filming or had bounties, especially after the NFL put the kibosh on them... that'd be a major problem.

NO one can change the refs. We don't make the calls and can only watch the game and live with the outcome.

Countless times while we sucked, we were on the crappy end of crappy no calls and worse. And we've had seasons that could have been 7-9 that went 4-12 or worse because of super crap calls and all anyone ever said to us was, "no game hinges on one play".

We've had to hear that song on a loop for almost TWO DECADES.

So you'll have to excuse some of us if we're not crying too hard that the refs miss 4 critical calls against the Saints and 1 egregious call against the Rams and people want to put forth the narrative that but for that ONE call, the Saints were winners. The game is ALL the plays, not just one. I mean if Woods keeps his feet on that post route...it's pretty much game over.

And let's be clear, if they call the facemask on Goff, the Rams go up by FOUR, not tie it. Which totally changes everything.

As for the refereeing being bad, we've been at the epicenter of that since Super Bowl 36, which was SO POORLY refereed that the NFL changed the rules on how the playoffs were to be officiated. So, if you think this group isn't intimately familiar with the problems with NFL refereeing, lemme help you out...nope.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I don't know about everyone else. But there's not a QB playing today that is the GOAT.

Not with these rules.

Marino throwing for 5000 yards when a 3000 yard season was a Pro Bowl season... THAT's being the GOAT. The fact that they couldn't put together a defense over his entire career means little.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Sorry, Tom Brady isn't the GOAT. When he gets tapped on the shoulder pads and it's a personal foul like yesterday, that's BS. They also changed the rule on hitting a QB low after Brady's knee injury. If he had to compete in the days of Bradshaw or Montana, he'd have been disabled by age 32. No denying that Brady is a great QB, but if he played against Lawrence Taylor for example or the 85 Bears, he would have gotten wrecked like everyone else and would have retired.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And let's be clear. If the roles were reversed and the game was in LA and that happened to a Rams receiver and we had the ball to start OT and still lost, then ALL we'd hear would be about how McVay blew the calls at the end of the game and how Goff threw an INT in OT...blah, blah, blah.

no truer words have been spoken.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
No.

You were advocating for cheating as an excuse. I stand by what I said.

The Rams didn't cheat and I'd ditch them if they did. If the Rams were caught filming or had bounties, especially after the NFL put the kibosh on them... that'd be a major problem.

NO one can change the refs. We don't make the calls and can only watch the game and live with the outcome.

Countless times while we sucked, we were on the crappy end of crappy no calls and worse. And we've had seasons that could have been 7-9 that went 4-12 or worse because of super crap calls and all anyone ever said to us was, "no game hinges on one play".

We've had to hear that song on a loop for almost TWO DECADES.

So you'll have to excuse some of us if we're not crying too hard that the refs miss 4 critical calls against the Saints and 1 egregious call against the Rams and people want to put forth the narrative that but for that ONE call, the Saints were winners. The game is ALL the plays, not just one. I mean if Woods keeps his feet on that post route...it's pretty much game over.

And let's be clear, if they call the facemask on Goff, the Rams go up by FOUR, not tie it. Which totally changes everything.

As for the refereeing being bad, we've been at the epicenter of that since Super Bowl 36, which was SO POORLY refereed that the NFL changed the rules on how the playoffs were to be officiated. So, if you think this group isn't intimately familiar with the problems with NFL refereeing, lemme help you out...nope.

Like I said before, any team that has never been the beneficiary of a bad call, you are the one without sin who can "cast the first stone".

I must admit though, that after reviewing some YouTube videos, I'm not sure any team has been screwed more over the years, including this year, than the Browns, including a reversal on a call reviewed from 2 plays earlier some years ago.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Tuned in a radio station on my way to work and the person on says Rams should feel illegitimate for representing NFC and thinks Pats will blow them out.

The thing is, the Rams came from behind, and that wasn't because of the non-PI call, it's because the guys don't fold. How many non-holding calls can we slate on AD99? How many games would have different outcomes if he wasn't being held. I'm sure there was a dodgy hit on Cooks the last time we played the Saints.

The truth of the matter is that the Rams are the team with the best record in the NFL this year and that's not because we've been given favourable calls.

We beat the Saints because we kept Ingram and Kamara to below 60yds Rushing and kept Thomas to 36yards.

ramdonnie

UDFA
FullSizeR002.jpg

Lol, I was just going to post the face mask snapshot on Cooks, but you beat me to it! We should post all the no-calls on the Saints to make our point; there are many more. I was glad to hear the interview today with McVay and his comments on this topic. He sounds much more mature and experienced than Payton. We have a great coach now. I hope he stays around for a long time.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Actually, that 4 panel pic was blasted all over twitter and more than a few of the talking heads picked up on it IMMEDIATELY.

I actually think it made a difference.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Marino throwing for 5000 yards when a 3000 yard season was a Pro Bowl season... THAT's being the GOAT. The fact that they couldn't put together a defense over his entire career means little.
This is the truth. If Brady swapped defense with manning, who would be the goat? It wouldn't be Brady. In this ultimate team sport, there should never be a goat, for any position. There should never be a best football player ever, because too many things are beyond the 1 players control. If you are not on a good team the QB matters not.