Possible Narrative the next two weeks - Rams not deserving of SB Birth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It's just saltiness. Best team won. There's no reasonable narrative to the contrary. Officiating favored the Saints overall, including back to week 9, and we still won. Rams are the stronger team.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Hilarious

To this day fools think Mike Jones stopped Dyson from winning the Super Bowl when the best they could have sone was force OT — if you watch that movie Cast Away when tom Hanks character returns from his island that’s what his wife tells him even.

Go ahead and pretend that John Johnson didn’t pick off Brees or that Fowler didn’t destroy your dreams of a Brady/Brees Super Bowl

10506A8E-87A1-4A6C-8916-10778200AC35.jpeg

Sorry chumps

GO RAMS!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I didn't buy into the conspiracy theory against the Rams so I am surely not going to buy into the conspiracy theory for the Rams. Bad calls are unfortunate but part of the game. If your whole game comes down to one play/one call then you didn't do what you needed to do on the other 130+ plays. Payton is a successful coach but a poor leader and that will be his undoing. I would be upset by the headset issue and any unfair noise (music, whistles, amplification) if the Rams had lost but I would ultimately have blamed it on a poor first quarter and missed opportunities to turn it around.

Agree 100%

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hope some of the media guys on the Rams side of things start showing the facemask on Goff, which if called, gives the Rams a first and goal at the 1. No different than the result would have been if the Saints get the PI call. In both cases, the non-calls led to the teams kicking FGs instead of scoring TDs.

Or, to put is more briefly, it evened out.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The conversations will be all around the call for 2 weeks.

Can't do anything about that.

What the Rams CAN do is win the Super Bowl.

Won't shut all of them up... but most will be silenced.

Go Rams... show the world you deserve to be called "the best team in football "!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Agree 100%
I TRIPLE dog dare you to join that Saints forum and try to convince them that the refs had nothing to do with their loss (an opinion I support, btw). I put the over/under on your membership there at 3 minutes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
While I agree that the missed call was awful, many of us have been railing on the pitiful game calling all season. Calls do cost teams games and there were three missed calls that were potential game changers in this one. Two went against the Rams. One would have put the Rams in first and goal and the other would have changed the Ain'ts situation from 2nd and goal at the 3 to 2nd and goal from the 8. With how the Rams were playing, it is highly likely that A) the Rams punch that 1st and goal in for a TD rather than having to settle for a FG and B) that the Rams defense might have forced a FG instead of a 3 yard TD.

It's unfortunate that the zebras were this bad. I guess the NFL chose the wrong crew. But teams have been screwed all year by terrible officiating and this time one of the blatantly bad calls went our way. If the NFL isn't going to correct the problem, I am not going to give two shits about fans being upset about this game. Take your complaints to the NFL and force change.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
You can play "what ifs" ALL DAY LONG, but at the end of the day you have to play tough and be the team that gets it done. When it went to OT that reset everything, that was their "rematch" they're all crying for now, they had every chance to get it done there and didn't, we did. End of story.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
The NFL needed a new “tuck rule” situation, and they got it.

Bienvenidos to the Upside Down where everyone is looking to throw an asterisk on anything.

nighttrain

Legend
I TRIPLE dog dare you to join that Saints forum and try to convince them that the refs had nothing to do with their loss (an opinion I support, btw). I put the over/under on your membership there at 3 minutes.
that long ?

train

Ellard80

Legend
Honestly I bothers me also.. but lets not help the narrative. Because controversy = ratings so that's what they want.

poLARizing

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The NFL needed a new “tuck rule” situation, and they got it.

Bienvenidos to the Upside Down where everyone is looking to throw an asterisk on anything.
Yep. Someone in your forum posted Los Asterisk Rams*.

Here's the thing - Most of your fans (if not all) claim DB is GOAT and some cases comparable to TB. DB had one drive in OT to claim or justify his legacy as one of the greats by doing what TB did against the Chiefs. That did not happen.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I personally love it. The entire focus for the next 2 weeks will be the Patriots and whether Tom Brady will retire after he wins his 6th (because we didn't deserve to be here anyway.....) And every day you know that shit gets put on the bulletin boards and come the game, we go off on them. And put a hurting on them.

poLARizing

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My answer to all of them is simply: The Rams will playing in 2 weeks..Which of the 30 teams that won't be do you like ??
Exactly. My response is "i'll take the SB birth with all the controversy". Hell, Pats took the tuck rule to build a dynasty.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
Yep. Someone in your forum posted Los Asterisk Rams*.

Here's the thing - Most of your fans (if not all) claim DB is GOAT and some cases comparable to TB. DB had one drive in OT to claim or justify his legacy as one of the greats by doing what TB did against the Chiefs. That did not happen.

They claim DB is the GOAT because he owns (or will own) every record before the sun sets on his career.

At the end of the day GOAT is up for interpretation. Are you going by stats or by titles.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
While I agree that the missed call was awful, many of us have been railing on the pitiful game calling all season. Calls do cost teams games and there were three missed calls that were potential game changers in this one. Two went against the Rams. One would have put the Rams in first and goal and the other would have changed the Ain'ts situation from 2nd and goal at the 3 to 2nd and goal from the 8. With how the Rams were playing, it is highly likely that A) the Rams punch that 1st and goal in for a TD rather than having to settle for a FG and B) that the Rams defense might have forced a FG instead of a 3 yard TD.

It's unfortunate that the zebras were this bad. I guess the NFL chose the wrong crew. But teams have been screwed all year by terrible officiating and this time one of the blatantly bad calls went our way. If the NFL isn't going to correct the problem, I am not going to give two shits about fans being upset about this game. Take your complaints to the NFL and force change.

With the level of officiating all year, I'm not really sure their is a RIGHT crew ...I understand their angst though...I can virtually assure you that the Rams fans would be screaming the same way if the teams were reversed on that play...