Official Vent Thread: Steelers at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Nick Foles has been pretty disappointing. I was afraid of this when they started working a contract extension with him based on his 7 on 7 work.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He kept checking to those runs away from the blitz, but the runners kept getting caught from behind (no push/backside blocking)

I was hoping at some point he would pick up on that, but he didn't

Yea, I noticed that. Made me mad. Should have passed on those plays. Their corners weren't covering well. Could have thrown a quick hitter to Austin or Britt rather than getting our HBs tackled in the back-field.

Speeps

Starter
I'm sick of this to be honest. Fisher acts like he is still in year one of building this thing. He's in year four. Year four. There really aren't anymore excuses. To ensure Fisher doesn't overstay his welcome, it may be time to move on from him. I question if he has any urgency to win. Hell I question if anyone on this team has any urgency to win. The biggest problem we have is, most of our players are good some of the times, but only a handful is good all of the time. It's not because they are young, or learning. It's because that's what they are. Look at Cook. Good some of the time, but never good all of the time. Probably should be cut. Your TE should be reliable. He isn't. He gets a lot of penalties and struggles to catch the ball. Lance Kendricks have picked up on his habits. The defense is the same way. Good sometimes, but never good all the time. There is nothing that this team does well consistently...well except get penalties. Other than that, you never know who will show up. And it's been that way for four year. But Fisher enjoys small victories and built in excuses. As a result, this team will never maximize its potential, because well, I don't think they are coaches to.

Btw, Arizona is leading 31-7 at the half, Arians told his players that if anyone takes it easy, he will look for new players on Monday. Can't say the same would happen here.

We are a team that wants to be tough, says we are tough, but really isn't tough.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yea, I noticed that. Made me mad. Should have passed on those plays. Their corners weren't covering well. Could have thrown a quick hitter to Austin or Britt rather than getting our HBs tackled in the back-field.
And for those plays, no backside blocking appeared to be designed. I'd throw those out of the playbook.

I'm with you on, plays were there to be made in the passing game. The Steelers defense game-planned, to take away the run.

Athos

Legend
I'm still pissed at Fisher. You know what? I think he's a shitty leader. Good leaders lead. Dick Vermiel was a fucking leader. He inspired.

Fisher doesn't do shit. You can tell when players laugh when they fail, then laugh harder when they lose. This team has no balls and no fight in them. Symptomatic of their coach. You tend to emulate. And fisher had been nothing but a career loser.

Time to sack his ass.

Gimme a leader for fucks sake. He doesn't have to be a football wiz. Just competent. Then surround him with some coordinators who don't suffer the kind of Bs we see with Cook and Lance and co. Balls to bench their sorry asses for the rest of the game when they fuck up like they have been.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And for those plays, no backside blocking appeared to be designed. I'd throw those out of the playbook.

I'm with you on, plays were there to be made in the passing game. The Steelers defense game-planned, to take away the run.

They haven't blocked the back-side defenders all year. I'm not sure what they're doing. The staple of zone running is cutting back and hitting the back-side lanes. There are no back-side lanes because our guys don't seal either edge.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They haven't blocked the back-side defenders all year. I'm not sure what they're doing. The staple of zone running is cutting back and hitting the back-side lanes. There are no back-side lanes because our guys don't seal either edge.
I'm perplexed by it also, especially because it's all on tape, so those backside guys are crashing HARD.

It doesn't look like we are trying, or the plays are designed to seal the backside. We are all just running the same way. Doesn't look like a player issue to me.

Speeps

Starter
Could've been 3-0 right now. Legitimately
Thats the story of Fishers tenure. Could have been, but never really was or is.

By the way, Arizona will surely destroy us next week. Unlike us, they are exactly what they say they are.

fancents86

Starter
We shot ourselves in the foot once again to lose a game we should have won. Kendrick's dropped that pass, but what blew my mind were the penalties after Givens got us so damn close.

Ben looked like he was at target practice most of the game, Bell ran all over us. Saw a lot of "no wrap up" tackles which led to big yardage. Also the Offensive plays were bland the first half for us.

Some are happy we at least sniffed Pitts jock strap, but if it wasn't for the stupid penalties and bad drops this game wouldn't have even been close. That's also with no running game. Can't blame our youth either bc our vets are making more than half of the mistakes around here.

Now we gotta face the Cards and Aaron Rodger the week after, these teams will make you pay for mistakes that we make. Hope everyone has a lot of alcohol ready.

dhaab

Rookie
Anyone watching the Bears vs. Seahags game? That win in week 1 looks less impressive with each passing game.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Bills are so far turning it around this season with a new coach. Same with Atlanta. 49ers turned around with Harbaugh quickly. Same with Arians in Arizona, Rivera in Carolina, Reid in KC, etc. This team will not win until we have the right coaches. The talent is there on this team.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
This offense needs help, really need help, can't our receivers get open? is that the issue ?

we need to esstabli
Yeah we ran every 1st down all day long it seems. Mix it up a bit it was like Shotty was back in the box for today.

to me there is nothing worse then trying to establish the run when you can't. puts the team in to many 3rd and longs. I would like to see them establish the pass and then see if they could run.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

A team built upon a run first run philosophy had better to be able to do so, regardless of the game plan.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This is another typical Fisher start. 1-2. Going 1-4 is almost as sure a thing as it gets. This following a poor preseason where people said not to worry its just preseason. Same things were said the past few years on the way to poor starts. If anyone thinks they'll turn it around for a winning season, has this team ever won 5 out of 6? Is there anything about this team that makes you think they're capable?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is another typical Fisher start. 1-2. Going 1-4 is almost as sure a thing as it gets. This following a poor preseason where people said not to worry its just preseason. Same things were said the past few years on the way to poor starts. If anyone thinks they'll turn it around for a winning season, has this team ever won 5 out of 6? Is there anything about this team that makes you think they're capable?
Not at the moment. We just have to get rid of Shurmur McDaniels Schotty Cignetti.

fancents86

Starter
Not at the moment. We just have to get rid of Shurmur McDaniels Schotty Cignetti.
I like cignetti so far more than anyone mentioned above. Tavon was double teamed all day today bc he was actually a threat this time.

I've said this before and I still believe it but Fisher is great at building teams, not so much at coaching teams.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I never thought the day would come where I wish the Rams played as well as the Bengals. The Bengals people. That's how bad it's been the last decade. Even though they have lost in the first round in the playoffs, at least they get there. This sucks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've said this before and I still believe it but Fisher is great at building teams, not so much at coaching teams.
I really don't know if he is or isn't. All you have to go by is feedback from players and trends. The feedback is always positive about Fisher, but there's no trend outside of having a better defense than a few years ago. But by how much? I mean, the defense was trending up under Spags for a while before 2011 jacked him all up. I'd like to think that he's a good motivator and has a plan that requires specific detail, but I really don't know. All I can do is wait and see just like everyone else.

fancents86

Starter
Also where was Bailey this whole game? He's who I would have been looking for I that last drive of the game. I would also like to see Givens given more of a chance. He showed promise again in preseason, would def like to see if he could build on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.