Official Vent Thread: Steelers at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Our strength is supposed to be defense. You can't allow the opponent to drive the length of the field on it's FIRST 2 DRIVES.

Nick Foles needs to hit more targets....

Since we have trouble moving the ball, the receivers need to catch EVERY BALL....

Our line is taking the expected length of time....Foles is new to the offense..Anyone that didn't see the possibility of them struggling wasn't really paying attention this summer.

After the Skins game I expected as much...The Skins are terrible....Until we can move the ball and convert on 3rd down, turn into a shut down defense from the opening gun, we will continue to lose games....

Still don't know what Sted and Tavon bring to this team...that's better than Quick & Givens...I guess I'll find out someday.

The hate for Cook is really silly. His only real miscue was his illegal procedure penalty on the goalline...Still don't know why he moved..It was a wr screen to the other side of the field...Lack of concentration perhaps...And players play, I get that, but coaches GET players to play, and BENCH players that don't. Kendricks was dropping passes in pre-season...Always a sign...Came to the Rams dropping the rock, probably leaves the Rams dropping the rock. Hell I liked Illinois Mike...And that hooie guy.

Ugly feeling in me says this team is TANKING...on purpose...effed up plays...poorly prepared...even some of the plays look, unfinished, like the post above noting the lack of back side blocks....I thought Mason was running well. Why leave Gurley in so long, give him a carry or 2 (since he was running tenative) and put Mason back in....?

4th quarter 2 minute drive stunk...Foles looks confused to me...I still can't tell if no one but Britt, Cook, and Kendricks get open downfield, or if Foles can't see the others...But I'm thinking Sted is never open, and Tavon only runs 8 yard routes...no deep digs...

And, I still say the O-line is getting better, especially pass blocking. Run blocking....meh...not much...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's my vent give me a few days and a few glasses of vino to numb senses.
How many is "a few glasses"?

vermeil-wine-tasting.jpg

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Still confused as to why Quick isn't playing...this O is not that good that he would be sitting if physically capable...and the O should not be so complicated that he is having trouble catching up so much he can't be used. At this point maybe we get lucky and get him cheap next year since he will have a small sample size for other teams to look at...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I certainly agree we are not good enough. Fisher diplomatically agreed when he said; "we don't dominate, yet." They will get better, but considering the time and results of this effort over the past 4 year period.............well let's just leave it at that. ;)
I feel you. We tried the FA route, it burned us. We went in a different direction this season, and starting all these young OL is a monumental task, but in the long run, I think it will pay off. In Fisher's comments, he seemed pissed at the lack of production of the offense, and the untimely penalties, which he said, they wouldn't tolerate anymore.

I don't dwell in the past, I hope for the future, and I live in the present. I am, presently, pissed. I have hope for the future. I want....sustainability. We had no future 4 years ago, none. We have a future now, IMO. There are still some questions, but a lot of them will be answered in the following weeks.

I don't understand why anyone would think we would be dominant, with only one veteran offensive lineman, and our schedule. Every rookie has growing pains, some never make it. I don't think that is the case with our guys. I see some positive notes, and improvement. Fisher needs to make some changes, and I mean coaching, and concepts. If he doesn't, then I don't think he should be absolved. He is, ultimately, responsible.

There is not one person on this site that isn't tired of losing. Find one, and I will kick him out personally.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Fisher needs to make some changes, and I mean coaching, and concepts. If he doesn't, then I don't think he should be absolved.
What past behavior leads you to believe that Fisher will make appropriate changes going forward?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Cook is an overpaid underachiever. at least I can say it now and not get bashed for it.

Fairly's money would have been better spent on veteran o line talent. I think we all knew that before the ink on his contract was dry. Piss poor decision by Snead and Fish. At least then maybe we would have a better chance of running the ball. Which we completely suck at, at the moment.

Our offense was better last year under Shotty, and its not even close right now.

Our offense is a fucking joke.

On defense, its driving me nuts to see our CB playing 10 yds off the line. Teams are negating our pass rush with quick passes under our corners all fucking day long. Lets get up there and press these guys on the line and maybe the qb's playing against us won't be able to get the ball off in under 2 seconds. WTF

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
He's made a lot of changes in coaches, and players. Next question.

But always to "his" guys. When has he gone outside his box, his comfort zone. When has he broken form "his" style? we saw it during the offseason - the only guys he could get to interview for the OC job were inhouse, everyone outside, everyone various people on this board wanted said no...maybe they had better offers, but you would think that they would at least want to talk and confirm.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
But always to "his" guys. When has he gone outside his box, his comfort zone. When has he broken form "his" style? we saw it during the offseason - the only guys he could get to interview for the OC job were inhouse, everyone outside, everyone various people on this board wanted said no...maybe they had better offers, but you would think that they would at least want to talk and confirm.
Working within your coaching tree is standard operating procedure. It is in Fisher's best interest to win, or be fired, so....I don't know everyone they talked to. I don't know what kind of money, or opportunity was offered. Do you? Share.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Cook is an overpaid underachiever. at least I can say it now and not get bashed for it.

Fairly's money would have been better spent on veteran o line talent. I think we all knew that before the ink on his contract was dry. pee pee poor decision by Snead and Fish. At least then maybe we would have a better chance of running the ball. Which we completely suck at, at the moment.

Our offense was better last year under Shotty, and its not even close right now.

Our offense is a freaking joke.

On defense, its driving me nuts to see our CB playing 10 yds off the line. Teams are negating our pass rush with quick passes under our corners all freaking day long. Lets get up there and press these guys on the line and maybe the qb's playing against us won't be able to get the ball off in under 2 seconds. WTF

I agree one hundred percent! It looked like we couldn't cover anyone in the first half! We won't have a good CB until Gaines gets back and the scheme sucks! Not as bad as the offense but it still sucks!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How many is "a few glasses"?

vermeil-wine-tasting.jpg

I stick with a few being 2 or 3 and several being in the eye of the beholder! But if there are more games like this I like Coach Vermeil's set up!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I stick with a few being 2 or 3 and several being in the eye of the beholder! But if there are more games like this I like Coach Vermeil's set up!
Have you ordered any of his wine yet? I mean, even if you don't drink it, it would be nice to have.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Working within your coaching tree is standard operating procedure. It is in Fisher's best interest to win, or be fired, so....I don't know everyone they talked to. I don't know what kind of money, or opportunity was offered. Do you? Share.

I don't need to know either of those to make a judgement...the evidence was clear...several outside candidates turned down the opportunity to even talk about the job...if it was 1 guys then I could overlook it, but several did...it said loud and clear that the rest of the league said the job had a red flag...what exactly it is, only they know, but when the only people you can get to interview for 1 of the 32 coveted OC jobs in the NFL are your own guys ...well we get the O we have now

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Have you ordered any of his wine yet? I mean, even if you don't drink it, it would be nice to have.

Actually been to his winery in Calistoga, CA and I've tasted several wines and I do have some stored with the crazy assumption that I would enjoy a bottle after their next Super Bowl victory.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
First things first, cut Jared Cook. I'm tired of this bullcrap.

Stop zone blocking, we freaking suck at it.

Foles needs to get his crap together, his accuracy has sucked recently. You can't throw that INT.

Fisher needs to get his crap together too, I'm ready to fire him. The COMPLETE LACK OF DISCIPLINE is on him. freak.

We won't win another game with this offense.
BOOM. can we just repost this like ten more times to make sure every member gets a chance to read it. because thats it right there in a nutshell

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't need to know either of those to make a judgement...the evidence was clear...several outside candidates turned down the opportunity to even talk about the job...if it was 1 guys then I could overlook it, but several did...it said loud and clear that the rest of the league said the job had a red flag...what exactly it is, only they know, but when the only people you can get to interview for 1 of the 32 coveted OC jobs in the NFL are your own guys ...well we get the O we have now
I guess that I was out of THAT loop. Leaving the thread right.............NOW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.