Official Vent Thread: Steelers at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Actually been to his winery in Calistoga, CA and I've tasted several wines and I do have some stored with the crazy assumption that I would enjoy a bottle after their next Super Bowl victory.
Nice. (y)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ionly they know, but when the only people you can get to interview for 1 of the 32 coveted OC jobs in the NFL are your own guys ...well we get the O we have now

I don't discount the move factored in just like it might for job security for Fisher although back in 1994 the Rams did fire Chuck Knox before they moved, however, ended up with the less desirable Rich Brooks so I concur this issue will have to be resolved before a total overhaul can take place.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

Read: My ass is on thin ice so I'll focus on one bad aspect and throw my team under the bus rather than address the fact that my team has come out tripping out o the cages again.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

Read: My ass is on thin ice so I'll focus on one bad aspect and throw my team under the bus rather than address the fact that my team has come out tripping out o the cages again.

well actually his quote in itself is accurate, the TE's are fucking pathetic. but its still fishers fault they're fucking undisciplined and he put us in this Oline situation in the first place. and Foles... yea well we're figuring out real quick which one of his past two seasons was the real Nick Foles

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Disagree on both fronts. Bailey can get separation and a good QB can make use of a WR that catches everything even if he doesn't get tons of separation.(ex. Anquan Boldin)
Sorry @jrry32 I usually agree with your takes but I think you have it wrong here. And you of all trying to sneak a bad example by me. A Boldin 6' 1" 220 S Bailey 5' 10 195.
They are just different players not comparable except they play wideout.
If Bailey (I know he is a darling here) was an advancement over his peers he would play and see the ball.
I hope this happens sooner than later.
A wide receivers space or separation is created by commitment to the route and speed out of the breaks. Size can also contribute.
The QB analogy is a Can O Worms, some can throw a receiver open some Don't and some do on occasion.

Last edited:

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I don't discount the move factored in just like it might for job security for Fisher although back in 1994 the Rams did fire Chuck Knox before they moved, however, ended up with the less desirable Rich Brooks so I concur this issue will have to be resolved before a total overhaul can take place.

I agree both of those could have been major factors...a coach with 3 non-winning years generally is considered on thin ice and the possibility of a move is another layer. But there was a lot of conjecture at the time that JF had made it known he was going to stick with "his" style....

I can't help but think a DV/Martz situation was needed...where management brings in a more modern/aggressive OC to spark things.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
How have those changes worked out?
I can always count on your posts. I'd give you incomplete grades, for all the current coaches. My grading system is complicated, like Pro football.

Goonies rule, yo!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Another problem I had today was not kicking the FG when Hekker punted the ball into the endzone netting appx 20 yds. Now I know that hindsight is 20/20 but try the long FG, we are not scoring and it brings the game closer. Our D was starting to play better and points were tough to come by. If you make the FG you take the necessity of a TD away and the pressure off the O. If you miss you just had a long drive and they get field position with our D playing well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Another problem I had today was not kicking the FG when Hekker punted the ball into the endzone netting appx 20 yds. Now I know that hindsight is 20/20 but try the long FG, we are not scoring and it brings the game closer. Our D was starting to play better and points were tough to come by. If you make the FG you take the necessity of a TD away and the pressure off the O. If you miss you just had a long drive and they get field position with our D playing well.
I noted that, as well.

…..

Legend

Nos sir not on the hot seat just yet and not throwing players under the bus.

Accountability.

Showing a little demand for execution is needed and way overdue.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Nos sir not on the hot seat just yet and not throwing players under the bus.

Accountability.

Showing a little demand for execution is needed and way overdue.
That's not accountability. Accountability is saying the drops are a part of an overarching problem of a lack of execution and preparation that falls on my head and has for the last 4 years.

Coming out and saying IT'S ALL THE DROPS' FAULTS when overall there wasn't that many of them isn't going to cut it. They definitely hurt, I won't argue that, but what about the rest of our uninspiring drives and anemic play? Who's at fault there? Can't just blame it, they're simply a microcosm in our overall funk.

And who's fault is there for no accountability? His, no accountability and no change in his gameplan leads to things like this. This isn't doing anything but trying to divert the heat from himself. If Fisher is just now demanding execution then nothing I said is any more false and he should be canned for waiting this long to tell his guys to shape up.

…..

Legend
That's not accountability. Accountability is saying the drops are a part of an overarching problem of a lack of execution and preparation that falls on my head and has for the last 4 years.

Coming out and saying IT'S ALL THE DROPS' FAULTS when overall there wasn't that many of them isn't going to cut it. They definitely hurt, I won't argue that, but what about the rest of our uninspiring drives and anemic play? Who's at fault there? Can't just blame it, they're simply a microcosm in our overall funk.

And who's fault is there for no accountability? His, no accountability and no change in his gameplan leads to things like this. This isn't doing anything but trying to divert the heat from himself. If Fisher is just now demanding execution then nothing I said is any more false and he should be canned for waiting this long to tell his guys to shape up.

Dude relax. He didnt say IT'S ALL THE DROPS FAULT..... YOU SAID THAT

I have zero problems with Fisher showing some passion, a pulse, a human side. He's basically boring. It doesnt bother me at all wat he did say.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Dude relax. He didnt say IT'S ALL THE DROPS FAULT..... YOU SAID THAT

I have zero problems with Fisher showing some passion, a pulse, a human side. He's basically boring. It doesnt bother me at all wat he did say.
If he had been asked directly about the drops, then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but him just coming out and putting the onus on it when asked what went wrong with the offense doesn't sit right with me, especially considering he keyed in on it more than any other point in the interview. It's always one excuse after another when we are completely weak on that side of the ball entirely and it's on him.

For me it's a little too late to be having fire week 3 into your 4th year. It's too late to be saying drops have to stop when the overarching lack of effort and execution has plagued us too long for us to ignore.

…..

Legend
If he had been asked directly about the drops, then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but him just coming out and putting the onus on it when asked what went wrong with the offense doesn't sit right with me, especially considering he keyed in on it more than any other point in the interview. It's always one excuse after another when we are completely weak on that side of the ball entirely and it's on him.

For me it's a little too late to be having fire week 3 into your 4th year. It's too late to be saying drops have to stop when the overarching lack of effort and execution has plagued us too long for us to ignore.

Do you know the context in which he said that? Surely he didnt just offer that out of the clear blue sky. I bet there's more to the quote that got conveniently left out

I have no issues with what you say above and on most of your points I agree. But I'm a choose your battles type of guy so I wont take issue with a comment indirectly directed at a certain player or two. It does seem passive aggressive though, I'd hope he isnt such a "players coach" that his only method of delivery is through veiled media comments.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't think there really is any thing Fisher can say that the entire fan base isn't already aware of. The roster is almost entirely his. The lack of drive in TC and preseason pretty much set the tone for the start of this regular season. I had hoped that the Seattle game was a sign that things would be better, but I am beginning to think that their pride only comes out for the division games. It's either that, or we have all vastly overestimated the actual talent level of the team. Aside from the members of the DL, McDonald, and Ogletree I don't see a lot of people who I could confidently say would be starters on another good team. Austin would make a great 3rd WR. Based off their play so far, not their potential anyway. Hard to judge the RBs, as the OL is once again predictably abysmal.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
This loss was a big time blow to the season. Yes, even this early in the season. Beating the Cardinals next week is going to be difficult. Beating the Packers will be more difficult. I fear a 1-4 start. Absolutely, completely, utterly unacceptable!

1. Bench and/or cut Cook. He's below average, can't catch well enough, and doesn't really care about winning.
2. Change the run blocking scheme 180 degrees. It's not working.
3. Send Tavon deep more often. I don't care if you think it won't work. Do it, and throw it, and see what happens.
4. Either play Brian Quick, or cut him. Don't waste a roster spot.
5. Don't have CB's play so far off the line ALL of the time. Change it up and keep their offense guessing.
6. Fire Fisher either now, or at end of the year. He's made his millions and millions and simply does not care anymore about winning football games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry @jrry32 I usually agree with your takes but I think you have it wrong here. And you of all trying to sneak a bad example by me. A Boldin 6' 1" 220 S Bailey 5' 10 195.
They are just different players not comparable except they play wideout.
If Bailey (I know he is a darling here) was an advancement over his peers he would play and see the ball.
I hope this happens sooner than later.
A wide receivers space or separation is created by commitment to the route and speed out of the breaks. Size can also contribute.
The QB analogy is a Can O Worms, some can throw a receiver open some Don't and some do on occasion.

Sneak a bad example? I gave you an example of a player that doesn't separate yet catches everything because of how he uses his body. Yea, Boldin is 6'1". That's not exactly tall for a WR. We're not talking about Mike Evans here.

Would Jarvis Landry work better for you?

If it were as simple as Bailey playing if he were the best out there, there wouldn't be a number of "success" stories in the NFL. Sometimes the better player doesn't play. Plus, our offense does Bailey no favors. Bailey would be a studly slot WR for someone. But we rarely use a WR in the slot. Most those snaps go to Cook. And right now, I'd rather have Bailey on the field than Cook.

In fact, Bailey doesn't have a ton of separation on any of these plays and yet when the QB trusts him and gives him a chance...look what he does:
View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Stedman-Bailey-Makes-Impressive-Touchdown-Catch/43dba770-e4f7-4b88-9f6a-9ee1144720fb

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000433268/Bailey-s-great-TD-doesn-t-count

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qWGh9CvAAU

Those are a few NFL plays where he made tough catches while covered well. Let's check out a few college plays:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT3_3hsDcSs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5KE-vsfaa0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfK4xL8fQ8

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puFenb4WNFQ

We knew what we were getting when we drafted Bailey and we drafted him for a reason. You're basically saying, "Don't allow Tavon Austin to run the ball unless he can pound it up the middle for positive yardage."

Good teams understand how to make use of their players' skill-sets. Bailey's skill-set demands you trust him. You throw the ball to him even when he's not wide open.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Read: About damn time.

Status
Not open for further replies.