Official Vent Thread: Steelers at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Another problem I had today was not kicking the FG when Hekker punted the ball into the endzone netting appx 20 yds. Now I know that hindsight is 20/20 but try the long FG, we are not scoring and it brings the game closer. Our D was starting to play better and points were tough to come by. If you make the FG you take the necessity of a TD away and the pressure off the O. If you miss you just had a long drive and they get field position with our D playing well.
I wanted an attempt there too. Our D was starting to roll at that point. I wouldn't call it a coaching blunder, it was a tough decision.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
No way the Rams beat the Cardinals and the Packers...they just are not ready to play. It showed in the pre season...this team is one of Fishers worst. Unbelievable!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Did the Rams coaches realise the steelers secondary is awful? I mean if krapondick could torch them for 330 yards and 2 tds then foles should have been able to get 500 yards and 4 yds.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I thought the D played well enough to win except for the dropped INT. Time to move on from Cook and Kendrick, neither of them have good hands and Foles isn't going to allways lay in the perfect pass. I don't blame the OC as Fisher demands a very conservative offensive game plan. Sad when you can score more than 12 points.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Actually been to his winery in Calistoga, CA and I've tasted several wines and I do have some stored with the crazy assumption that I would enjoy a bottle after their next Super Bowl victory.
Same here -- visited his Calistoga tasting room 2 years ago. Bought about 3 bottles, including his 'XXXIV' (homage to his '99 Rams team).

As to yesterday's game: It's still a head-scratcher why Quick isn't playing. That aside, not sure why we haven't seen steady doses of Steddy B and Givens. Just seems like Foles is only targeting Britt and the TE's in the passing game.

And Kendricks -- you gotta make that catch.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@jrry32 I think we are now at that magical place where we are as close to agreeing as possible.
In your reply you talk of Bailey making catches without separation and in my OP I stated he doesn't get used as much as we would all like because of said comment.
I think the rest is a coach and QB thing as far as QB's some do and some don't throw into tight coverage.
Have a good day as I said before I enjoy your takes. We are mostly a bunch of frustrated Ram Fans trying to figure out why we are where we are,
For me it's not the 1-2 as much as how we got there that eats me.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I won $10k ROD on the Rams loss and didn't even have to sit through the game, today is a good Monday, or it would have been if Rosenthal hadn't given up a grad slam HR last night :mad:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This isn't really a vent...this is more of this is how I feel about this team and have been trending this way for about a year.

Jeff Fisher really is stuck in the past offensively. This offensive system is flat terrible for todays NFL. Our "weapons" are close to being as bad as they were before Fisher was here as well. Tavon Austin and our RBs are all we really have. Kenny Britt is a 3rd receiver at best. Jared Cook is the most unreliable target on the team...you think he's going to be great and lets you down. Stedman Bailey can't get on the field, so that has to mean something.

Every interview I hear from Fisher he preaches about "the process"...and highlights the philosophy of keeping the game close so they can run the ball. Why can't we adopt the philosophy of blowing out an opponent so we can run the ball? Why do we have the mindset that we have to barely overcome our opponent every week?

dhaab

Rookie
I don't need to know either of those to make a judgement...the evidence was clear...several outside candidates turned down the opportunity to even talk about the job...if it was 1 guys then I could overlook it, but several did...it said loud and clear that the rest of the league said the job had a red flag...what exactly it is, only they know, but when the only people you can get to interview for 1 of the 32 coveted OC jobs in the NFL are your own guys ...well we get the O we have now

This is only a guess, but I would think the reason so many OC's refused to interview for the Rams gig is because they know Fisher will tie their hands and make them play the old school kind of boring offense that he wants.

iced

Yep, consider me in the group of pitch forks and torches - done with fisher, just done. The offensive line, the offensive philosophy...the draft picks on the offensive side of having a glaring difference than the defensive ones.

I'm just really tired of an having an offensively inept team - and that is the definition of the Rams for almost a decade now.

Athos

Legend
You know, this fucking defense is built to play with leads! Get a fast start and pin ears back.....

And Fishhead wants close ass games so we can rely on the run... Know what that tells me? Fisher is a gutless wonder.

Built an offense that can get you a fast strike lead and let the D do what it does best. Pass rush and take the opponents run game away before they get a chance to get going.

GreenBay would have a dynasty with this D.

So would many offenses out there .

Not the fucking Rams tho. Stuck with old man offense under Fishet who doesn't have the balls, brains, knowledge or willingness to accept modern Os have passed him by and he should turn the reins over to someone who does.

Same old shit in offense. Different wrappings, same ugly rotten center.

And you know what Snead? Fuck you too. You think teams don't need game changes at the WR position? They fucking do. They don't have to be #1s, but they damn we'll be able to step up in the clutch or be able to get themselves open without a million fucking play fakes.

Get a real fucking WR smartass.

Okay: that's my last rant for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.