Official Vent Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bskrilla

Starter
Quick won't be resigned unless it's at the bottom of the roster.
Whoa whoa whoa. First real game back after a potentially career ending surgery. Yes he had a drop today, but that hasn't been an issue for him in the past and you can't just ignore the potential he flashed for 7 games last year.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GB may be young but not at QB. Obviously a huge difference how Rodgers dealt with the pressure versus how Foles dealt with it. Obviously the lion's share of the blame is on the OL for the suck passing game, the WRs/TEs were bad, plenty of bad to go around. But Foles was bad, too -- perhaps just one well-timed big gain scramble could have put the GB rush on its heels a little bit instead of just being a bullseye back there. Also throw in some blame on the coaching for not moving the pocket, more screens, or something.
That's the point though Foles can't move

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't find a way to blame foles for this loss. He probably doesn't remember his own birthday after the day he had
No you can't blame the loss on him but his 4 int were terrible passes when the rush wasn't there

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Way to many O players doing nothing. Britt and Cook should be the WR putting up solid numbers but they didn't show up at all.

This team has the Fishers stamp all over it. Good one week bad the next. By the end of the season we will have another Fisher .500 year.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I figured we'd lose this one but I'm more bothered by the way we lost than us losing. Foles left at least 3 TDs on the field while throwing four interceptions. Yea, the OL was poor in pass pro but Foles was crappy today. Unbelievably crappy.

Jared Cook was Jared Cook. I've had enough of him.

That's all I have to vent about other than dropped passes. Which are always an issue for this team.

Well, I guess one more thing...I really am going to be upset if Zuerlein's confidence went into the shitter.
I think Zuerline will be fine that kick that was blocked was going in the other too just are hard kicks for anyone

Athos

Legend
A shit line like this needs a more mobile QB.

I'm looking hard as fuck at this QB class if I'm the Rams.

All of Foles INTs were just bad. Really effing bad. He's not the Eagles Foles.

Almost wanna try Keenum, mainly cuz he can move in the pocket and the pass pro sucks too hard to protect a statue back there.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I told you before the game that Green Bay would score 14 on offense, would you have predicted we'd lose by 14?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't know if Nick Foles is the answer at QB. Today he just needed to not hurt us and he did. He makes too many throws off his back foot.
Is he the biggest issue? Certainly not. But as I'm typing this he throws his 4th INT. I don't know what he's looking at sometimes. He's a great guy, teammates love him. But if he plays like this the rest of the year signing him to an extension before seeing him play was a mistake.
The OL-Wildly inconsistent. GROB- WTF are you doing. Half the time you aren't even blocking anyone.Start playing like the #2 pick for crying out loud.

I feel horrible for this defense. They have basically held down the top 3 offenses in the league and gotten nothing in return from this offense. They deserve better.

Cook- Seen enough. Time to move on.
Britt- Regressed this year, too many drops.
Quick- Too early to say, looked rusty but would rather see him on the field than Cook.

Cignetti- Dude- You are getting predictable. Same formations. No screens to RB's, no play action roll outs. When you run the ball 30+ times for almost 200 yards use it to your advantage already.

3 missed FG's and an INT in the end zone. Not even mentioning the 4th INT at the end of the game to at least make it interesting.
That is a very good football team that we handed the win to on a silver platter.

I hope we come out of the bye and beat the crap out of the Browns.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Most will agree, defense played very well. Offensively the run game was excellent, passing game was pathetic (O-Line couldn't stop the rush, and when Foles did have time, our receivers couldn't get any separation.) Special teams was average, but we can't miss three FGs. In the end we spotted them 14 points and could't really answer the bell.

Cignetti needs to figure out how we can get a consistent passing game. The bye week couldn't come soon enough, IMO, because the offense needs a ton of work. I'm not pissed, just disappointed we didn't play better offensively. Unfortunately it is what it is.

EDIT: Even though we lost, Seattle lost, and now let's hope Detroit can bitch slap the Cardinals.

FRO

Legend
Offensive line sucks. Receivers suck. The story of the Rams offense for the last 10 years. Foles had a bad game, but as much as he was hit you really weren't going to get good QB play. That being said those INTs were horrible. We held the Pakers offense to 17 points, forced turnovers, the offense just sucks. Gurley may be our only good offensive player.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well, I'm going to bed, midnights is right around the corner. I expected to lose this game. But I thought it wouldn't be embarrassing and that's what our offense is right now. I was wrong about Gurley, he was worth drafting. I'm not a fan of first round HBs but he was worth it.

We could release every WR and TE we have outside of Harkey and Austin and I wouldn't bat an eye. They've regressed.

I'm not going to rehash my differences about the OL and offensive philosophy anymore. I've been on it since the off season. No point.

Since we do have some weapons in Austin and Gurley, we need to go thru them from now on.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I agree with some things you've all just stated.

1. Brian Quick is not the answer, except for a #4 WR
2. Jared Cook really truly is not even an average TE. He needs to go. We need to improve through trade or draft at TE position.
3. We need a true #1 receiver someway, somehow.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Our receivers are not good. Bailey should've scored on that deep ball at the end, I liked the effort for the most part, but God damn O, pick it up, when they figure that out, this team could be lethal.

DenverRam

Starter
I would say the o line was awful. But foles had a problem in Philly of holding onto the ball for too long. Its starting to show. And that leads to pressure as well.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I'd also be ok if we traded or cut every receiver but Austin.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Whoa whoa whoa. First real game back after a potentially career ending surgery. Yes he had a drop today, but that hasn't been an issue for him in the past and you can't just ignore the potential he flashed for 7 games last year.
You can stay on his train, I'm off. I've seen way too many easy balls bounce off his hands. If you are a bonafide NFL star, you don't miss the catches he misses. Bailey doesn't miss the easy ones and I'm still not convinced he's anything more than a role player. Look at Gurley, fresh off a knee injury and balling with no help. If you can ball, you ball. You don't need 4 years of expert coaching and perfect situations. Quick is just another guy with the body type and no production. Kenny Britt his mentor, ain't in the HOF either. I don't want to see this team squander Gurley with an atrocious pass offense.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Fucking cut Jared Cook already. He couldn't catch chlamydia in a brothel.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if Nick Foles is the answer at QB. Today he just needed to not hurt us and he did. He makes too many throws off his back foot.
Is he the biggest issue? Certainly not. But as I'm typing this he throws his 4th INT. I don't know what he's looking at sometimes. He's a great guy, teammates love him. But if he plays like this the rest of the year signing him to an extension before seeing him play was a mistake.
The OL-Wildly inconsistent. GROB- WTF are you doing. Half the time you aren't even blocking anyone.Start playing like the #2 pick for crying out loud.

I feel horrible for this defense. They have basically held down the top 3 offenses in the league and gotten nothing in return from this offense. They deserve better.

Cook- Seen enough. Time to move on.
Britt- Regressed this year, too many drops.
Quick- Too early to say, looked rusty but would rather see him on the field than Cook.

Cignetti- Dude- You are getting predictable. Same formations. No screens to RB's, no play action roll outs. When you run the ball 30+ times for almost 200 yards use it to your advantage already.

3 missed FG's and an INT in the end zone. Not even mentioning the 4th INT at the end of the game to at least make it interesting.
That is a very good football team that we handed the win to on a silver platter.

I hope we come out of the bye and beat the crap out of the Browns.
I agree except with Cignetti he tried some play action passes the oline just can't give foles enough time and the rare occasions he did he threw interceptions. I like Cignetti and this being his first year I think he is awesome. I would like us to get Tavon involved in the game a lot earlier though