NRR: Browns could bench Johnny Manziel for Christmas Eve partying video/Goes AWOL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Johnny Hot-Dog's priorities are a bit childish. He's into partying and having a good time with his big paychecks, spreading good cheer and good times with all his party buds. That's fine with me. But I don't want to hear him sniveling a few years from now about how he didn't really "get a chance" or " I wasn't treated fairly", after he's out of the league and working for daddy, when if he had put his nose to the grindstone and improved his game he coulda still be making millions

Kid kinda reminds me of Ryan Leaf..

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kid kinda reminds me of Ryan Leaf..

My father was in charge of some stock brokerage offices in the San Diego area when Leaf was drafted, and in fact Leaf's aunt worked for him as a broker, so Leaf initially invested through that office. He absolutely refused to listen to his aunt's advice though, didn't want to invest any of his signing bonus conservatively, complained about everything, so finally she refused to work with him anymore - his own aunt.

He's broke now, of course.

fancents86

Starter
I love how people get after me for liking a guy like Tebow and would like to see him as a back up here, then we have people vouching for this ass clown that begs for the attention and is nowhere near the man that Tebow is, nor football player. Manziel is a punk, spoiled, entitled rich kid that obviously takes throwing beers Into his face more important than trying to be being a starter in the nfl.

fancents86

Starter
srsly? he is having a drink on christmas like probably everyone of us - stupid media making that a story because of people like to reed about him...
Four loko is not a drink you just casually drink with friends and family. There's a reason those things were almost banned In The US, it's bc they fuk you up. Those drinks were the cause of a lot if people getting black out drunk and ending up in either the hospital or in jail.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Four loko is not a drink you just casually drink with friends and family. There's a reason those things were almost banned In The US, it's bc they fuk you up. Those drinks were the cause of a lot if people getting black out drunk and ending up in either the hospital or in jail.

I went through a period where I drank the F out of those. Also drank redbull & vodka for a long time, and you know what really F's you up is not knowing your limit. Which is more of a maturity issue tbh. I mean sure, maybe he's a raging alcoholic at that young age but I doubt it. I've drank like a fish since I was 14 as well as all sorts of drugs in my youth, and didn't need to start metering my alcohol intake and ensuring I have control until my late 30s. Nowadays I'm real careful for that reason, which is experience and maturity and which is also why I see Manziel a little different than others do. People mess up man, he just looks to me like a dumb kid who will either wise up or who will lose his career.

He might well flop out of the NFL, in fact that's probably the safe bet. But you just don't know man, he might get another shot with another team and bust his butt to prove himself and they'll reap all the rewards of him simply growing up. Not trying to convince anyone here, either. I fully understand where most are coming from, but I'm just tired of poor QBing and am willing to flip over every effin rock until we get it right.

DenverRam

Starter
I love how people get after me for liking a guy like Tebow and would like to see him as a back up here, then we have people vouching for this ass clown that begs for the attention and is nowhere near the man that Tebow is, nor football player. Manziel is a punk, spoiled, entitled rich kid that obviously takes throwing beers Into his face more important than trying to be being a starter in the nfl.
I have been wanting tebow on the rams ever since denver let him go.

DenverRam

Starter
And i will simplify this a bit with one question.

If you are a young college QB with a bright future.... would you want to be drafted by the Cleveland Browns?

Me? I would go the helpless Lions before i would ever go to the Browns.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If you are a young college QB with a bright future.... would you want to be drafted by the Cleveland Browns?

If I was a young QB with talent, I'd work hard for whomever drafted me. And I certainly wouldn't tell a team to draft me if I didn't want to play for them.

DenverRam

Starter
oh also that stat line of 12 for 30 or whatever.

Didnt include that he had about 80 yards rushing as well.

DenverRam

Starter
If I was a young QB with talent, I'd work hard for whomever drafted me. And I certainly wouldn't tell a team to draft me if I didn't want to play for them.
dont play coy.

You would want to go play QB in Cleveland over the other 31 organizations? yes or no?

Last edited:

DenverRam

Starter
In fact the only place where QBs actually want to play for the Cleveland Browns is in Draft Day.

A fictional movie.

Just think about that for a second.

BRIAN DREW! :yess:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
oh also that stat line of 12 for 30 or whatever.

Didnt include that he had about 80 yards rushing as well.

He's a QB. ;)

dont play coy.

You would want to go play QB in Cleveland over the other 31 organizations? yes or no?

You don't get to pick who drafts you. I'd work my ass off for whoever drafted me. Because that's who I am.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He went to rehab because the team made him go.
We dont know the kid, we only what what is reported. And the media loves to report what sells the most. Scandal
From what I understand from a die hard Cleveland resident/fan is that Manziel worked hard this year. You dont read that in papers because peopel dont care. They only like the sensational stuff.
Like that he was drinking alcohol on Christmas Eve. Good grief
So, are most of his problems a figment of the collective media's imagination and desire to sell bullshit ???

DenverRam

Starter
You don't get to pick who drafts you. I'd work my ass off for whoever drafted me. Because that's who I am.
You dont have to be a politician. Be honest, You would not choose the Browns over any other team in the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You dont have to be a politician. Be honest, You would not choose the Browns over any other team in the NFL.

There's nothing political about what I'm saying. You don't get to choose. You enter the draft. You get picked. There's no choice. Thus, there's no point in answering your question. No, I would not choose to play for the Browns. But if they drafted me, I'd work my ass off. Because that's the type of person I am.

But you want to know the truth? You want to know the facts of the situation?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ach-says-johnny-manziel-texted-hurry-draft-me

Johnny Manziel begged the Browns to draft him. He chose to play for the Browns.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think any QB worth his stuff would think that he would be the guy to change the results in Cleveland. Successful athletes, even at the college level, have to have a huge amount of self-confidence. Being the guy who would bring a championship to Cleveland has to be appealing, as would be the deity level worship that would bring him.

IOW, I don't know if the Browns would be MY last choice, except to the extent that any team but the Rams would be a distant second.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Don't worry about me - I learned how to agreeably disagree a long time ago.

The great thing about opinions is we all get one. And this won't be one of those never answered ones - someday, we will know whether he makes it as an NFL QB or not.

I still say he does, but I'm still able to respect those of you who are ready to write him off. Time will tell. Until then, remember that we are ultimately dealing with opinions - not facts. And also keep in mind that the media exists for profit - not to steadfastly report real news. This is true in sports as much as it is in politics.

I appreciate your good attitude toward my response 12. You're right, none of our opinions really matter. As I noted though, I am not writing off Manzeil or cheering for his demise, only noting that it DOES matter what you do in your short window of opportunity in this league.

Cheers

fancents86

Starter

Wasn't he the one texting the Browns on draft day to "come and get him"? Doesn't matter what team you're on, your a qb in the nfl. The chances of that to ever happen in anyone's life time is slim to none.

Edit: jrry pointed this out already.