NRR: Browns could bench Johnny Manziel for Christmas Eve partying video/Goes AWOL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
dont play coy.

You would want to go play QB in Cleveland over the other 31 organizations? yes or no?
If I'm smart, yeah, I would. Look at it this way... there are 32 NFL starting QB positions. The following teams, you have little to no shot at the job because they have their QB:

- New England
- Miami
- Jacksonville
- Tennessee
- New York (NFC)
- Cincinnati
- Baltimore
- San Diego
- Pittsburgh
- Dallas
- Chicago
- Detroit
- Green Bay
- Atlanta
- Carolina
- New Orleans
- Tampa Bay
- Arizona
- Seattle
- Washington (arguably)
- Kansas City
- Oakland
- Indianapolis
- Denver (maybe not after this year, depending on Manning/Osweiler, but my point stands)

That leaves 8 teams where you could reasonably expect to come in and compete for a starting gig. In Buffalo you have to fight off Taylor. In New York, you're competing with Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith. In Minnesota, you're competing with Bridgewater.

So, now you're down to 5 - STL, SF, PHI, CLE, and HOU. Opportunity matters. You want to start? These are your teams. Cleveland may well have the best O-line of the choices, with Thomas, Mack, Bitonio and Greco.

Would I rather be in Houston? Hell yes. That team has a ferocious defense and a true superstar WR. They're a QB away. But Cleveland, why would it be such a bad choice? Because it's a Midwestern city? There's more to do there than in Green Bay. Because they've lost a lot? Their roster is better than San Fran's.

If you're partying your way out of one of the few starting QB gigs in the NFL that you actually reasonably have a shot at, you're incredibly dumb, IMO. You damage your future earnings, you damage your reputation, and when the average career of an NFL quarterback is 4.4 years, you're wasting valuable moneymaking time.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
If I'm smart, yeah, I would. Look at it this way... there are 32 NFL starting QB positions. The following teams, you have little to no shot at the job because they have their QB:

- New England
- Miami
- Jacksonville
- Tennessee
- New York (NFC)
- Cincinnati
- Baltimore
- San Diego
- Pittsburgh
- Dallas
- Chicago
- Detroit
- Green Bay
- Atlanta
- Carolina
- New Orleans
- Tampa Bay
- Arizona
- Seattle
- Washington (arguably)
- Kansas City
- Oakland
- Indianapolis
- Denver (maybe not after this year, depending on Manning/Osweiler, but my point stands)

That leaves 8 teams where you could reasonably expect to come in and compete for a starting gig. In Buffalo you have to fight off Taylor. In New York, you're competing with Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith. In Minnesota, you're competing with Bridgewater.

So, now you're down to 5 - STL, SF, PHI, CLE, and HOU. Opportunity matters. You want to start? These are your teams. Cleveland may well have the best O-line of the choices, with Thomas, Mack, Bitonio and Greco.

Would I rather be in Houston? Hell yes. That team has a ferocious defense and a true superstar WR. They're a QB away. But Cleveland, why would it be such a bad choice? Because it's a Midwestern city? There's more to do there than in Green Bay. Because they've lost a lot? Their roster is better than San Fran's.

If you're partying your way out of one of the few starting QB gigs in the NFL that you actually reasonably have a shot at, you're incredibly dumb, IMO. You damage your future earnings, you damage your reputation, and when the average career of an NFL quarterback is 4.4 years, you're wasting valuable moneymaking time.

I agree with your overall point ....just some parts of list I think may be off:
MIN clearly belongs on the upper list - they are happy with Bridgewater, not going to bring in someone to "compete" with him
I think that NO, KC, and Denver could be put in the possible category - maybe none of them end up with openings, but there have been at least some rumors for each ; NO may depend on ownership and Payton; KC I think is more fans than team, no one ever seems happy with Smith though his numbers are solid (poor guy); Denver seems likely they move on from Manning, but I think some luster has left Osweiler

just opinion though, you have a great point that if he wants to start somewhere else his choices are very limited, not to mention the competition is fierce in FA possible but also the draft.

Now if he just wants to move on and is willing to be back-up or be guy in the wings there are some other options.....

In theory

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I agree with your overall point ....just some parts of list I think may be off:
MIN clearly belongs on the upper list - they are happy with Bridgewater, not going to bring in someone to "compete" with him
I think that NO, KC, and Denver could be put in the possible category - maybe none of them end up with openings, but there have been at least some rumors for each ; NO may depend on ownership and Payton; KC I think is more fans than team, no one ever seems happy with Smith though his numbers are solid (poor guy); Denver seems likely they move on from Manning, but I think some luster has left Osweiler

just opinion though, you have a great point that if he wants to start somewhere else his choices are very limited, not to mention the competition is fierce in FA possible but also the draft.

Now if he just wants to move on and is willing to be back-up or be guy in the wings there are some other options.....

In theory
Yeah, there's certainly teams you can debate being added to or removed from the list. NO may well end up an option for a QB, given the rumblings. KC, Smith and Reid all seem to go well together.

Agreed that he may do well moving on to be a backup. I might, were I him and given his personal life, try to get on in Miami as Tannehill's backup, since the partying in Miami is epic and Tannehill's regressed this year. Denver might be an option... would be interesting to see what Coach Fox could do with Manziel. Not sure they would prefer him to re-upping Osweiler, though, since Osweiler has been in the system for three years and has good rapport with the team and coaches.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Yeah, there's certainly teams you can debate being added to or removed from the list. NO may well end up an option for a QB, given the rumblings. KC, Smith and Reid all seem to go well together.

Agreed that he may do well moving on to be a backup. I might, were I him and given his personal life, try to get on in Miami as Tannehill's backup, since the partying in Miami is epic and Tannehill's regressed this year. Denver might be an option... would be interesting to see what Coach Fox could do with Manziel. Not sure they would prefer him to re-upping Osweiler, though, since Osweiler has been in the system for three years and has good rapport with the team and coaches.

Fox moved on to the Bears this year, Broncos hired Gary Kubiak as head coach....never quite understood that change...guess issue with Fox winning the big game??? Fox is with Bears, interesting the rumbles about Cutler have all quieted this year...Fox has done wonders with him this year.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Fox moved on to the Bears this year, Broncos hired Gary Kubiak as head coach....never quite understood that change...guess issue with Fox winning the big game??? Fox is with Bears, interesting the rumbles about Cutler have all quieted this year...Fox has done wonders with him this year.
Right, right, I knew that. My bad. I also don't understand why you would move on from John Fox to Gary Kubiak, especially with the Peyton window closing so quickly. Kubiak's offense and Peyton's style never really seemed like they would mesh too easily.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...e-are-problems-to-address-with-johnny-manziel
"Here is a guy that has an NFL skill set, he's very talented, if you spend some time with him, he's a likable guy, you root for him," Pettine, via Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot. "But there are problems there that we'll talk as we're headed to the offseason about getting addressed. And I've said this before, we want to make sure that all of our players are in good shape as people first, players second. Because I don't think you can be as effective as you can be as a player if things aren't right off the field. And he's a good example of that."

In February, Manziel checked himself into a rehab facility and spent 10 weeks there. Pettine said the team can't force Manziel to, for example, return to rehab after the season.

"I don't think we can really mandate it, but there can be strong suggestions as far as how he handles it," Pettine said. "But by the rules of the league, we can't [say], 'Hey, you need to come in here and meet with Kevin O'Connell three times a week.' It's against the rules. You can't do that. You've got to be able to send him off with a plan and check in every so often, and when the desire is there to want to get it changed and want to be better, hopefully you'll have a good result."

Either way, Cabot reports that "the Browns have become increasingly concerned the past couple of months about Manziel's slide back to his old behaviors."

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Manziel has talent, despite average at best arm strength, but he doesn't have it upstairs. No thank you.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
freak cleveland are you kidding me?

I would be sniffing coke in front of the coach to get out of there.

g7CUNlZ.jpg

He already tried that remember........ :)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/03/manziel-goes-awol-on-sunday/

Manziel goes AWOL on Sunday
Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2016

cd05oddlnmnhy2mwmjrlzwqzntjhm2viytq1y2vly2yzocznpwq2zgy2odywy2nhmta1ytbkytc1ndg3zdk5otnlyzjj1-e1451872815461.jpeg
AP

Johnny Manziel’s exit from Cleveland may have been sealed by a failure to show up.

Peter King of TheMMQB.com reported on NBC’sFootball Night in America that Manziel failed to show up on Sunday morning, as the team requires for players in the concussion protocol. Manziel didn’t show up for the 9:00 a.m. ET meeting with a member of the franchise’s medical staff.

According to King, the Browns tried to reach Manziel by phone, but couldn’t.

Via multiple reports, owner Jimmy Haslam has confirmed that Manziel didn’t show up at the facility on Sunday.

With the Browns now looking for a new coach, they may not make any decisions about Manziel in the near future. With their roster locked until the day after the Super Bowl, the Browns couldn’t cut Manziel for the next five weeks, even if they wanted to.

DenverRam

Starter
why do they care? they just fired their coach and GM?

What a horrible organization.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not surprised tbh. Dude wants out of there bad and yeah Dallas is probably where he ends up but I think the best situation for him is an offensive minded coach who knows how to utilize their talent, but who is also a strong leader. Not a whole lot of those types out there, certainly not in Dallas.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Just make him sit on the bench for the next 2 seasons. That will fuck him right up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/03/manziel-goes-awol-on-sunday/

Manziel goes AWOL on Sunday
Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2016

cd05oddlnmnhy2mwmjrlzwqzntjhm2viytq1y2vly2yzocznpwq2zgy2odywy2nhmta1ytbkytc1ndg3zdk5otnlyzjj1-e1451872815461.jpeg
AP

Johnny Manziel’s exit from Cleveland may have been sealed by a failure to show up.

Peter King of TheMMQB.com reported on NBC’sFootball Night in America that Manziel failed to show up on Sunday morning, as the team requires for players in the concussion protocol. Manziel didn’t show up for the 9:00 a.m. ET meeting with a member of the franchise’s medical staff.

According to King, the Browns tried to reach Manziel by phone, but couldn’t.

Via multiple reports, owner Jimmy Haslam has confirmed that Manziel didn’t show up at the facility on Sunday.

With the Browns now looking for a new coach, they may not make any decisions about Manziel in the near future. With their roster locked until the day after the Super Bowl, the Browns couldn’t cut Manziel for the next five weeks, even if they wanted to.

What a piece of shit. I can't believe you guys want this bum.

If you want out, act like a professional. Don't act like a spoiled brat. But that's what he is. Keep this guy away from this team. He can go be a Cowboys and hang out with his old Texas crew. I'm sure that'll do him good. He's a loser.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What is truly funny IMO is that Haslam is dumb enough to come out with this information. What he should be doing is hiding that stuff from potential trade partners, but instead he's trumpeting it out there like this is politics in order to get everyone on his side for the inevitable divorce.

Dude is a straight tw@t of an owner.