NRR: Browns could bench Johnny Manziel for Christmas Eve partying video/Goes AWOL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DenverRam

Starter
Exactly. They knew who he was, just like the Jets knew who Namath was. Let a team who actually wants the kid give him a shot.

DenverRam

Starter
I dont think Fisher would be a fit for Johnny anyways.
Would be a vince young situation.

I still think without a doubt he would make the Rams better offensively.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think Fisher would be a fit for Johnny anyways.
Would be a vince young situation.

I still think without a doubt he would make the Rams better offensively.

Except he's actually made Cleveland worse offensively. They were better with Josh McCown.

DenverRam

Starter
what they went from #30 to #32 or something?
Young qbs have bad games. Doesnt help when you have a coach who doesnt want you the field.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnny Manziel can't take a crap without some putz getting a video and posting it. Cleveland is a disaster. They've been jerking this kids chain since the minute he got there.
I'm with @DenverRam get the hell out of Cleveland so you can have a career.
And if he's a FA you can bet your azz he will be in high demand

I have no doubt he'll be in high demand. Jerry Jones will get into a bidding war with himself to sign Manziel.

And then people will realize that it wasn't Cleveland holding Manziel back...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what they went from #30 to #32 or something?

McCown started 8 games but didn't finish the games against the Jets and Ravens (#2) due to injuries. In the 6 games he finished, the Browns offense put up 20.5 PPG.

Johnny Manziel has also started and finished 6 games. In those 6 games, the Browns offense is averaging 15 PPG.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just saw the video. he is dancing to music with a friend at home. Wow.looks like my house. Not a club or stripper in sight. I am not amused.
Here is the video
https://www.instagram.com/p/_0FELhyktV/?taken-by=bustedcoverage

If you are honestly mad about that? I got news for you. Every young QB that is coming out of college will be somewhat like this twitter type generation.

it's very simple. the browns told him not to post videos of him drinking and partying. so what does he do, he keeps posting them. that's a big fuck you to the team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And thats the biggest thing. Get out so you can at least have a shot at a career, even if you fail.

We will never know what Manziel could do as a QB if he stays there.
Fail or Succeed, he has to leave the Browns.

The mind games they played with him in his first year..... i cant believe it. I could not imagined being drafted to a team, and having them screw with my mindset like the Browns have for some Journeyman Mccown while the team is like 3-10 or whatever. If this is what the first year is like, i would panic and run for the hills before putting myself through anything more with an organization like that. I cant even imagine what goes through a QBs head when they get drafted to the Browns.

what the hell? he never took the role of a professional footballer seriously in his rookie season. these guys see him everyday and alot of players were disappointed about his attitude to football. you think they're gonna sit a guy that can help them? they're trying to keep their jobs. the guy's a jerk and there's nothing worse than a qb who doesn't take his role seriously.

plus he has the most punchable head in the history of sports.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Four lokos...You'd think with all the money he has from football and his family he could get a little something better then that crap.

Okay, I feel like Four Locos are being unfairly disparaged in this thread. Why the hate? Unfortunately, they got banned in Kansas so I can't even get them anymore.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Quick........name all of the other players (not just QB's) who have had a bunch of videos circulated with them boozing it up after going to rehab for TEN weeks and promising to stay clean. Hell name any other player in pro sports who has even one video like this let alone several.

He promised to stop before rehab, during rehab and after rehab. Then the knucklehead gets caught on film AGAIN and then lies about it to the coaches and the owner and asked other people to lie about it to back his story up. Some teams would cut your ass just for that. Then he gets caught on video again.

This guy has had double digit issues since he has been in the NFL and I don't know how many in college I don't follow college ball.

Anyone can see he is a mess. And according to a lot of people who have been around him he's an asshole too.

But lets say you want to overlook that because you think he is a good QB.

Let's see evidence that he is, any evidence.........I am from CLE and know people who are die hards and they are killing him for his play, because he isn't that good. He's done nothing noteworthy and has had the worst production of any QB the Browns have had in the last few years, and worse than any QB on the roster since he has been in the NFL.

Anyone that thinks he is a potential solution at QB is thinking of him only in college terms, not in the NFL. If you've seen him play you'd know that. His game doesn't translate from one level to the other.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
But in the process, teams are looking at this and are going to say "we don't need that headache"

Makes me sad, I loved this guy in college, he's really throwing himself down the drain, very Ryan Leaf-ish

Yeah, I think it's a foolish strategy and pure fodder for the talking heads.

While no question he'll get another shot elsewhere, he certainly won't earn a real contract with these headaches.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Okay, I feel like Four Locos are being unfairly disparaged in this thread. Why the hate? Unfortunately, they got banned in Kansas so I can't even get them anymore.

There's no hate for four locos. But can we really debate its a good drink? its like debating what's better King Cobra, 2/11 Steel Reserve, Old English or Colt 45. They all taste like shit and get you fucked up with 1 or 2. everyone I've ever known till this day has only gotten a Four Loco because they got a few dollars and want to catch a buzz, which is completely fine. Johnny's got more than a few dollars.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No one is this stupid.... No one is this addicted to alcohol.... He's got to be doing this for a reason.... He obviously doesn't give a rats ass what Petine thinks....
And, if I'm one of his bro's....the next dude recording ANYTHING me and Johnny are doing, drinking, smoking, humping on...I'm knocking him the fuck out....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I still believe this idiot could end up as a Dallas Cowboy to groom behind Romo for much less than many think. Dallas if they do not trade the pick stand the excellent first choice @ the top defensive players & refuse to draft a QB.

Rams could be looking to draft the top QB & the position of Dallas is ahead of 9ers who will likely desire to draft Goff.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061053/jared-goff

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are players in the NFL on all teams doing drugs, players failing drug tests, etc. The Rams had a player kill a woman in a DUI and there was not as much concern or media hoopla as there is with a young kid getting drunk and having a good time. It's comical to me.

It is media driven. And even worse, the Browns act like a jilted lover because this kid cannot take a crap without some moron nobody sticking his phone over the stall.

So the dude parties. Whoopideefukkindoo. He is still a kid. The dude is a young QB who has some ability you cannot teach, and some team might be able to get it out of him. All I am saying is it is worth a shot given how terrible our QB play has been for so long now.