NRR: Browns could bench Johnny Manziel for Christmas Eve partying video/Goes AWOL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...r-christmas-eve-partying-video-002335642.html

Browns could bench Johnny Manziel for Christmas Eve partying video

By Eric Edholm
Shutdown Corner

Yet another video of Johnny Manziel partying has emerged, this one apparently taken from Christmas Eve, that would appear to be the kind of thing the Cleveland Browns told him not to do.

Busted Coverage posted the video — all 10 seconds of it — on its Instagram site showing Manziel appearing to drink Four Loko, an alcoholic energy drink, along with a friend, while dancing and rapping.

Browns head coach Mike Pettine hadn't seen the video when he spoke with Cleveland-area media on Monday, and he said that Manziel could be benched in the 2015 season finale and that the "repercussions would be harsh" if his quarterback is found to be in violation of his agreement with the team.

"Anytime there's something with our players that casts them potentially in a bad light, whether it's Johnny or any of our other guys, it's certainly a concern," Pettine said. "I'm sure I'll see it. I'll have a discussion with him about it."

The team told Manziel previously it wanted no more social media videos of Manziel partying, and that appears to be exactly what this was. It's another embarrassment for Manziel and the team. He has had multiple incidents in Year 2 after he said he matured after a tumultuous rookie season.

Worse still, the alleged partying happened hours before one Browns player and one former Browns player were arrested on multiple charges, including illegal possession of Adderall, drunk driving, speeding and a gun charge.

Manziel had been the star of a bye week video in which he rapped vulgar lyrics and was drinking at a club in Austin, Texas. He later was dropped from the starting lineup to the third string after he lied to the team about when the video took place. Manziel was benched for two games before re-emerging as the Browns' starter.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...r-christmas-eve-partying-video-002335642.html

Browns could bench Johnny Manziel for Christmas Eve partying video

By Eric Edholm
Shutdown Corner

Yet another video of Johnny Manziel partying has emerged, this one apparently taken from Christmas Eve, that would appear to be the kind of thing the Cleveland Browns told him not to do.

Busted Coverage posted the video — all 10 seconds of it — on its Instagram site showing Manziel appearing to drink Four Loko, an alcoholic energy drink, along with a friend, while dancing and rapping.

Browns head coach Mike Pettine hadn't seen the video when he spoke with Cleveland-area media on Monday, and he said that Manziel could be benched in the 2015 season finale and that the "repercussions would be harsh" if his quarterback is found to be in violation of his agreement with the team.

"Anytime there's something with our players that casts them potentially in a bad light, whether it's Johnny or any of our other guys, it's certainly a concern," Pettine said. "I'm sure I'll see it. I'll have a discussion with him about it."

The team told Manziel previously it wanted no more social media videos of Manziel partying, and that appears to be exactly what this was. It's another embarrassment for Manziel and the team. He has had multiple incidents in Year 2 after he said he matured after a tumultuous rookie season.

Worse still, the alleged partying happened hours before one Browns player and one former Browns player were arrested on multiple charges, including illegal possession of Adderall, drunk driving, speeding and a gun charge.

Manziel had been the star of a bye week video in which he rapped vulgar lyrics and was drinking at a club in Austin, Texas. He later was dropped from the starting lineup to the third string after he lied to the team about when the video took place. Manziel was benched for two games before re-emerging as the Browns' starter.
Never, on my team. Please, no more Manziel talk, please. The guy, simply, doesn't get it.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Just stop doing stupid shit, Johnny. Four Loko? Really? Of all the dumb shit to get recorded doing, and you're gonna further fuck your career for Four Loko?!?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just stop doing stupid crap, Johnny. Four Loko? Really? Of all the dumb crap to get recorded doing, and you're gonna further freak your career for Four Loko?!?
At least drink this.

z222731.jpg
g

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
he does get it. Do anything to get out of Cleveland.

I think it was on pardon the interruption they were speculating he could be doing these things intentionally to be released so he can play where he wants.

Sounds like a dumb strategy... So could be right.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think it was on pardon the interruption they were speculating he could be doing these things intentionally to be released so he can play where he wants.

Sounds like a dumb strategy... So could be right.
He's already out of Cleveland, so now, he's trying to not be wanted by anyone. Hell, his play alone should warrant that.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Just stop doing stupid crap, Johnny. Four Loko? Really? Of all the dumb crap to get recorded doing, and you're gonna further freak your career for Four Loko?!?
I couldn't think of a more bro ass dude thing to drink, so it seems almost irrefutably true.

FRO

Legend
Yeah I do not want him QBing my team. He is grown and has every right to party, but he has promised his team time and time again that this stuff is behind him and he is going to focus on football. He has had multiple opportunities to get it right. He has issues.

FRO

Legend
The sad thing is that if he put the time into developing his game he would be Russell Wilson 2.0. He has the same ability and skills. The problem is Wilson puts in the time, Manziel doesn't. I do not want him anywhere near the Rams

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The sad thing is that if he put the time into developing his game he would be Russell Wilson 2.0. He has the same ability and skills. The problem is Wilson puts in the time, Manziel doesn't. I do not want him anywhere near the Rams

FRO Manziel is NOTHING like Wilson, they aren't even in the same convo.

FRO

Legend
FRO Manziel is NOTHING like Wilson, they aren't even in the same convo.
Talent wise they are. Wilson puts in the work. Manziel doesn't. That's where they differ. Both are incredibly elusive. The arm talent is similar. Manziel could be a capable NFL QB, but he is too busy partying.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'll still take him.

And do what with him?

He stinks on ice and is a drunk. What the hell is a team supposed to do with a guy like that.

I predict next season will be his last in the NFL, or second last he may get a half a year to try to make it.

The guy is a bad QB and a bad person and is not exactly a member of the cognitive elite.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Talent wise they are. Wilson puts in the work. Manziel doesn't. That's where they differ. Both are incredibly elusive. The arm talent is similar. Manziel could be a capable NFL QB, but he is too busy partying.

Manziel has a popgun arm, nothing close to Russell, not that he has a cannon, but Manziel may have the weakest arm in recent memory. He's slight and it's like he has a shoestring hanging out of his sleeve. And no ass or shoulders. It's not even close FRO.

Manziel also is nothing close to the runner Wilson is, and isn't looking downfield when he breaks out of the pocket. Manziel isn't that elusive at this level, maybe in college but in the NFL he isn't.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
And do what with him?

He stinks on ice and is a drunk. What the hell is a team supposed to do with a guy like that.

I predict next season will be his last in the NFL, or second last he may get a half a year to try to make it.

The guy is a bad QB and a bad person and is not exactly a member of the cognitive elite.

He would be our starting QB and we would be a butt load better for it.

What these guys do in their off time is their business. I don't know where the Browns get off trying to dictate this kids personal life. We can all sit here from our respective moral high ground and judge him all we want - but we don't know what he is or isn't.

Judge him on the field - that's fine - but let's all give it a rest with the labels. I'm sure he wasn't the only QB who tipped a bottle or two on Christmas Eve.