Noteboom To IR With Torn Achilles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Sucks Note is hurt but even if he wasn't hurt, no way he should be starting over Alaric Jackson. Jackson at LT dramatically improved our O-line.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I think Jourdan is off, after seeing his performance at LT on Sunday, why would we move Jackson back to G and risk another unknown at LT? Wouldn't it be smarter to play the guy who played LT in college and played well at LT (his natural position) and go find help at G and maybe get a swing tackle vet FA to backup HAV and JAX?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would make every effort to lure and sign Eric Fisher.

Rams need a tackle, for depth if nothing else and those are hard to find.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Saffold had a congenital weakness in his shoulders that was able to be repaired, fixed and STRENGTHENED through surgery.

I'm not even going to compare Noteboom with Saffold in any way conceivable.
Good Point ... Also

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It depends on when we cut him if we were to cut him and trading is different still. Since you suggested cutting it will be $8 million of his signing bonus and 5 million guaranteed salary. Also depends on when his roster bonus is do. There are post June move designations that can spread it out over two years. Potential though of an $18 million dead money for cutting compared to a 15 million cap hit.
The nice thing about Boom is his contract wasn't all that bad for a guy inked for LT. Him being paid $15.5M cap hit for next season isn't that bad, given that he may be able to start at LT for whoever we trade him to. Or LG. Even the $17.5M in 2024 probably won't be considered bad in another year. And there's a team out after 2023.

So I figure the Rams will be able to trade him once he is healthy.

Jackson I presume will want to be paid after this season if he plays well. That's the tough part but I figure they'll move Boom this offseason if that is the case.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would make every effort to lure and sign Eric Fisher.

Rams need a tackle, for depth if nothing else and those are hard to find.

I think I'd just ride out the season and see where it takes us once injured players start returning. The Rams aren't just 2 players down from a Super Bowl like we were when we went after Von Miller & OBj. We also had Whitworth running our OL, ... this is a whole different set of circumstances than where we thought we were during the pre-season.
An OT, IOL, RB, and an Edge OLB, all while trying to re-sign OBj ? What's the cost, where will it get us, and what are the CAP repercussions going forward ?

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
What offer?
Les said he was getting some offers from other teams for Noteboom last year. At the time he declined, and some of us were okay with that. But this year his numbers are near the worst in the league and now he's hurt again for at least the 3rd time. So he appears to not be the answer there. Have a feeling Alaric keeps the starting job through next year at least.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think I'd just ride out the season and see where it takes us once injured players start returning. The Rams aren't just 2 players down from a Super Bowl like we were when we went after Von Miller & OBj. We also had Whitworth running our OL, ... this is a whole different set of circumstances than where we thought we are during the pre-season.
An OT, IOL, RB, and an Edge OLB, all while trying to re-sign OBj ? What's the cost, where will it get us, and what are the CAP repercussions going forward ?
I have no idea the market for Fisher.

But… imagine losing Jackson for even just a game. It’s only week 7. The offensive line feels priority above all else, to me.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I love having Whit out there in the media and in our corner. He's a natural with this stuff isn't he.
As amazing of a stud as he was as a left tackle, I'm glad he's able to chill out and heal up this year.

If anybody in this world deserves it?
It's Andrew Whitworth.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's not up to Jackson. He will not even be a Restricted free agent until 2024.
It certainly is up to Jackson. If he plays well and doesn't want to start for peanuts for two more years, knowing what he adds to this team, the Rams are going to need to find a solution with him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have no idea the market for Fisher.

But… imagine losing Jackson for even just a game. It’s only week 7. The offensive line feels priority above all else, to me.

As reserves, Brewer was back-up to Whitworth for awhile, and wasn't he called up to the 53 last week ? Not sure how much faith we should put in Arcuri, but he's another body that might benefit from the experience. jmo.