Noteboom To IR With Torn Achilles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Your last exchange made about as much sense as this one Allen. I observed that Boom was in for a big test with SF. You pointed out that Bosa plays on the strong side. It's not my job to educate you on the basics of this game, that defensive coordinators will look for the best matchups with the front. Or that Boom's matchup nightmare was Bosa, so clearly he would end up over Boom. You persisted on the topic and it was a waste of time because they played Bosa over Boom as I suggested and he whipped Boom's ass.

This is the same. The Rams are not the team that will force a young player making less than $1M to start at LT for two years because the rules say that's what has to happen. In today's league there aren't many teams who would do that, because when you find a LT via UDFA that's like walking down the street and finding a diamond. It's a good thing.

So I am not going to waste my time or yours with a senseless back and forth on a topic that I already know the outcome of. But like I told you in the other thread if you want to take your victory lap now knock yourself out. Have fun with that.
You completely missed (or consciously disregarded) a genuine attempt at an Olive Branch.

Your opinion that the Rams would do a new deal on Alaric Jackson should he play well for the remainder of the 2022 season, when they have two more years of control is unlikely to happen but possible.

Your recollection on the Bosa exchange is poor. I re-read it to be accurate in this reply.

When you posted that Bosa would be a problem for Noteboom, I simply pointed-out that Bosa typically lines-up on the left side, against the RT. My exact post was "he figures to be mostly matched-up against Havenstein."

Your response was ... 'I'm no 9er authority but he was on Whit plenty during our matchups.'

In support of my previous statement, I pointed to NFC Championship Game where Bosa lined-up on the left side every single play; and never once was over Whitworth.
I even agreed that Bosa could see some snaps on the opposite side, and wrote;
"And, of course, the 49ers could game-plan Bosa on the right against Noteboom next Monday."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You completely missed (or consciously disregarded) a genuine attempt at an Olive Branch.

Your opinion that the Rams would do a new deal on Alaric Jackson should he play well for the remainder of the 2022 season, when they have two more years of control is unlikely to happen but possible.

Your recollection on the Bosa exchange is poor. I re-read it to be accurate in this reply.

When you posted that Bosa would be a problem for Noteboom, I simply pointed-out that Bosa typically lines-up on the left side, against the RT. My exact post was "he figures to be mostly matched-up against Havenstein."

Your response was ... 'I'm no 9er authority but he was on Whit plenty during our matchups.'

In support of my previous statement, I pointed to NFC Championship Game where Bosa lined-up on the left side every single play; and never once was over Whitworth. I even agreed that Bosa could see some snaps on the opposite side, and wrote;
"And, of course, the 49ers could game-plan Bosa on the right against Noteboom next Monday."
The point is the entire exchange was completely unnecessary. And this exchange is the same. So have a cold one and enjoy your evening.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Kurt Warner.
Very Good Example.

Quarter of a Century old, a Super Bowl winning QB and MVP in his first season as a starter; and the best Cinderella-type story in the history of the NFL but never-the-less, a completely legitimate example.

I hope Alaric Jackson is the next Kurt Warner!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Can we give the kid, Alaric Jackson 1 start before we start handing out new contracts? He's gonna get a big test in about 2 weeks.
OK but if Jackson plays well in two weeks we give him big-$, and start casting for a biographical-movie.

Agreed?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
AJ (Jackson) had the highest PFF score of all our OL players going against the 49'ers, although that was at RG and was only his 3'rd NFL game as an OG.
Evans was by far the worst player on our OL for that game, and playing between Noteboom & Shelton he hurt their play as well.
Even with Allen returning at Center, Evans at LG can only disrupt Jackson as he's going to face off with Bosa, and Bosa made mincemeat out of Noteboom. Anyone but Evans should start at LG against the 9'ers.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
AJ (Jackson) had the highest PFF score of all our OL players going against the 49'ers, although that was at RG and was only his 3'rd NFL game as an OG.
Evans was by far the worst player on our OL for that game, and playing between Noteboom & Shelton he hurt their play as well.
Even with Allen returning at Center, Evans at LG can only disrupt Jackson as he's going to face off with Bosa, and Bosa made mincemeat out of Noteboom. Anyone but Evans should start at LG against the 9'ers.
Weird that Evans had his best PFF score of the year and Jackson thrived next to him yesterday.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Weird that Evans had his best PFF score of the year and Jackson thrived next to him yesterday.

Strange that some would make a big deal of a mid-60's PFF score against one of the worst teams in the league, and then dismiss all previous game grades. jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Strange that some would make a big deal of a mid-60's PFF score against one of the worst teams in the league, and then dismiss all previous game grades. jmo.
Who’s dismissing. Evans has sucked. I’d say left guard is his worst position.. and that he may be settling in.
Good? No.. but played well yesterday.
And you’re the one who talked about him possible negatively impacting Jackson.
Heck… Evans did well despite playing next to Kolone.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Terrible break for Noteboom...

Jackson has actually played well at LT ..going back to the Cardinal game last year, and then yesterday. Our O-Line depth is a problem now, but Jackson actually has a chance to be decent at LT for us based on what we've seen.

Gonna be some moves made over the bye week as we get towards the trade deadline

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Terrible break for Noteboom...
Or more like addition by subtraction for the Rams.

Have you noticed that McVay is more interested in draft position than production sometimes?

That is a problem sometimes because production is WAY more interesting than potential.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I would make every effort to lure and sign Eric Fisher.

Rams need a tackle, for depth if nothing else and those are hard to find.
I agree, assuming he is healthy. Fisher's ability to play Left Tackle is why I prefer him.

Hoping Jackson stays healthy and plays great but if he goes-down, I don't see a viable option at LT.

Also, if Fisher can play, it's possible that Alaric Jackson could be one of the two best healthy options at guard.

I would also throw-out former Panther and Bill OL Daryl Williams who is a free agent. Has been a starting-OL, when healthy, for the past six seasons; and started all 38 games (regular season and playoffs) for Buffalo the past two years. Has started at both RT and guard but is probably not a LT, so there's the same concern if Jackson should go down.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I hope Noteboom recovers ok. But I think many of us here wondered about his durability and were worried about him being elevated to the starting LT. His work was ok but even as a backup he seemed to get injured a lot. The Rams need some of the big boys to be healthy if we're going even make or make noise in the playoffs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams sign OT that was on their roster back in 2012​

Ty Nsekhe joins the LA Rams - he was previously a member of the St. Louis Rams
By JB Scott Oct 18, 2022
1666106619337.png

The Los Angeles Rams are working to rebuild the depth on the offensive line after suffering yet another major injury to that position group - losing Joe Noteboom for the season due to a ruptured Achilles.

The Rams have signed veteran OT Ty Nsekhe off the Indianapolis Colts’ practice squad, per Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network. It’s a reunion of sorts - Nsekhe was on the roster for the then-St. Louis Rams between 2012 and 2013.

At 36 years old, Nsekhe has been around the NFL for some time. He’s appeared in 93 games and started 17 - his last start came in 2019 with the Buffalo Bills.

With AJ Jackson shifting back to his natural position at LT, and Bobby Evans still penciled in at LG, Nsekhe joins rookie seventh round selection AJ Arcuri at the next man up for either tackle position. Evans probably becomes the swing tackle if/once David Edwards returns from injury and steps back into the starting lineup at one of the guard slots.

The Rams are probably not done looking for reinforcements along the offensive line, and the signing of Nsekhe likely represents more of a stop-gap solution than a season-long fix

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would make every effort to lure and sign Eric Fisher.

Rams need a tackle, for depth if nothing else and those are hard to find.
The rams did go another direction CGI...a LT who Sneed signed for 2 seasons back when he first became a GM for the Rams.

We should all recall him because none of us could pronounce his name or remember how to spell it, Ty Nsekhe. TY is now 36 yrs old and is 6-8 /325 plus lbs. The last game he started was four yrs ago in 2019 with the Bills. TY was with McVay in Washington in the 2015 /2016 seasons.

Nsekhe for Noteboom.....................................INJURED RESERVE

RT-Havenstein/ Arcuri.................................OG-Bruss IR
RG-Aboushi/ Skura.......................................OG-Edwards IR
OC-Kolone/ Allen.........................................OC- Shelton IR
LG- Evans/ Brewer........................................OG- Anchrum IR
LT- Jackson/ Nsekhe/ Pricher.......................OT- Noteboom IR