Noteboom To IR With Torn Achilles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm very encouraged by Jackson. He's HUGE.. which is a big plus.

Did you guys see the end of the pick-6? Jackson was SPRINTING to try and make a play. That's the attitude I want to see.. that's a competitor.

I have to temper all that with feeling like I need to see more. Panthers didn't throw shit at them. Seemed like a bland pass-rush plan and that it didn't test him much. Maybe I'm overthinking what I'm seeing.

If they found a real.. top half of the league LT for nothing? My goodness.. that opens so many doors moving forward. You can trade that 24 first for an edge.. you can use your second rounder next year on a RB and multiple picks on Oline.. looking for an interior starter next year and developmental players.

We'll find out soon!!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Football is 90 percent physical, the other half is mental.
Hey bubba, I know you like to keep tabs on the OL, what was your take on how the OL played today? What did you think of Oday, and Jackson at LT? I unfortunately missed the game today, so I'd love to hear assessments of our OL...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
OK XXXIV, Both VetRamFan and myself noticed A Jackson early on at TC. They had him at every OL position except C, and he did well at all of them, but his best position is LT. He does well at RT also. I thought he would break into the starting OL at one of the G positions. He was clearly better than Edwards and Shelton.

I still don't see what they see in Evans. What I did see, along with everyone watching the game, that when Noteboom went down, and Jackson went to LT and Aboushi to G, the OL started to give Stafford time and give the RB's lane.

Hopefully after the bye Allen comes back to play C. That will improve the OL a bunch.

Though my opinion doesn't matter, I think this coaching staff did a poor job evaluating the OL. Brewer hasn't been tried and I think he's better than Evans. The way thing are going Brewer is going to get a shot.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Welp it's not like he was playing well anyway. Jackson looks like a stud. If we can get Allen back and hopefully one of our starting guards so evans go back to the bench we'll fair mucn better.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
OK XXXIV, Both VetRamFan and myself noticed A Jackson early on at TC. They had him at every OL position except C, and he did well at all of them, but his best position is LT. He does well at RT also. I thought he would break into the starting OL at one of the G positions. He was clearly better than Edwards and Shelton.

I still don't see what they see in Evans. What I did see, along with everyone watching the game, that when Noteboom went down, and Jackson went to LT and Aboushi to G, the OL started to give Stafford time and give the RB's lane.

Hopefully after the bye Allen comes back to play C. That will improve the OL a bunch.

Though my opinion doesn't matter, I think this coaching staff did a poor job evaluating the OL. Brewer hasn't been tried and I think he's better than Evans. The way thing are going Brewer is going to get a shot.
If they are going to give Brewer a shot, now would be the time. Two weeks of prep time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Joe Noteboom suffered an Achilles injury this afternoon.

This is sure to cause some serious waves in the future on the makeup of this OL.

Four straight seasons back to back to back to back with Joe Noteboom landing on the injured reserve. Last season he was on it twice so the total of 5 IR events in four seasons...what do you think?

I sure was off the mark on the full-on press of my Noteboom praise the last few seasons.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I agree here and one draft choice was not going to improve the line. Plus they extended their own guys in Allen & Noteboom, who had proved not to be durable. Right now my hope is that with Allen back at Center, hopefully he stays healthy and when Shelton comes back they play him at LG and keep Aboushi at RG.

I fear for the present, it's Bobby Evans at LG, however, I'm hoping somehow the Rams can make a deal for an OL otherwise what draft capital they have, has to be spent on the OL. I also would give strong consideration in hiring a new OL Coach. Carberry's OL at Stanford were known more for their pass protection then their run blocking.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm very encouraged by Jackson. He's HUGE.. which is a big plus.

Did you guys see the end of the pick-6? Jackson was SPRINTING to try and make a play. That's the attitude I want to see.. that's a competitor.

I have to temper all that with feeling like I need to see more. Panthers didn't throw shit at them. Seemed like a bland pass-rush plan and that it didn't test him much. Maybe I'm overthinking what I'm seeing.

If they found a real.. top half of the league LT for nothing? My goodness.. that opens so many doors moving forward. You can trade that 24 first for an edge.. you can use your second rounder next year on a RB and multiple picks on Oline.. looking for an interior starter next year and developmental players.

We'll find out soon!!
That's Iowa football instilled into him. Not many OL coaches better than Kirk Ferentz.

Tano

Legend
Good point. Saffold missed 28 games in his first six seasons bur just four in the next six years.
Well once they fixed Saffold's shoulder, he rarely missed a game after that.

Completely different than Noteboom's situation.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well once they fixed Saffold's shoulder, he rarely missed a game after that.

Completely different than Noteboom's situation.
Yeah, there was no issue with durability at TCU when the Rams drafted Noteboom, but at first he was unlucky and now it's turned into a trend. Not sure they can count on Boom then more of the 6th OL moving forward.

They need to draft OL in 2023 with the hope of getting quick results. Jackson could be the man at LT, but it's hard to believe he's that guy going completely undrafted, but as @ottoman89 has communicated multiple times, Jackson is Iowa strong.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah, there was no issue with durability at TCU when the Rams drafted Noteboom, but at first he was unlucky and now it's turned into a trend. Not sure they can count on Boom then more of the 6th OL moving forward.

They need to draft OL in 2023 with the hope of getting quick results. Jackson could be the man at LT, but it's hard to believe he's that guy going completely undrafted, but as @ottoman89 has communicated multiple times, Jackson is Iowa strong.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1581826053865345024

The Rams might be able to get by next season with Alaric Jackson/ Aj Arcuri & a pending mending recovering Joe Noteboom involved @ LT post. Do you think?

I thought that Arcuri showed some promise playing LT in the preseason.

Ram Org most undoubtedly will require to make serious adjustments to their future plans on Brian Allen & Joe Noteboom being starters in the 2023/2024 seasons. Rams have a really bad future event here with Noteboom & all that long future of sizeable Dead Cap $$$$ hit. Its really ugly. Allen, not a problem.

It will force Snead/Mcvay to count heavy ???? on those two inexperienced & badly injured OG's (Logan Bruss & Tremayne Anchrum) for the majority of new help in starting in the interior next season.

Ram Org might have made a big mistake on the Noteboom contract as it is today with Noteboom's deplorable injury history but they sure made one hell of a bonanza strike on the signing & contracted UDFA Alaric Jackson!:clap:

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
Noteboom was playing hurt. He knew the Rams had no choice.

That said Jackson is a good OT and the Rams are lucky to have him. Depending upon how Joe's longterm prognosis he could end up at RT in 2024 which would not be a bad thing.

Allen should return over the bye. Hopefully, Shelton will return a couple of weeks later. Until then Aboushi will be the man at RG. Having Allen back for the 49er game would be huge. Kolone can't make OL calls and sucks on the second level. All that said both Evans and Edwards suck at OG and they will be the focus of the Niners defense.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Allen should return over the bye. Hopefully, Shelton will return a couple of weeks later. Until then Aboushi will be the man at RG. Having Allen back for the 49er game would be huge. Kolone can't make OL calls and sucks on the second level. All that said both Evans and Edwards suck at OG and they will be the focus of the Niners defense.
I did see Aboushi getting pushed back quite a bit into the pocket, but for coming off the bench I thought he faired well. IMO, that might have been Evans best game in a while, I did not see any pressures given up by him, but I'm still not a fan and wondering what they will do against San Francisco because even with Allen back, Evans appears to be the starter at LG until Edwards returns.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I did see Aboushi getting pushed back quite a bit into the pocket, but for coming off the bench I thought he faired well. IMO, that might have been Evans best game in a while, I did not see any pressures given up by him, but I'm still not a fan and wondering what they will do against San Francisco because even with Allen back, Evans appears to be the starter at LG until Edwards returns.
This is what I saw, regarding Evans.
Not saying he's "good".. just that I didn't see the unmitigated disaster he's been before. Was that because of competition? For all the Panthers flaws, they're Dline was seen as an emerging strength.

Maybe he can keep improving.. even just a little.