Noteboom To IR With Torn Achilles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
no it’s quite a bit more than that.

Was looking at the wrong line.
So.. 7 million cost with 8.5 savings? Is that what I'm seeing?

If AJ is the answer at LT... this would be a completely acceptable number for me. I'd be moving on.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This absolutely crazy asf! Can’t believe it!
When injuries hit, it usually hits a unit and is not spread around. You can lose an OL, RB, WR, CB for example as opposed to 4 Offensive Linemen or now six when you count Logan Bruss in preseason.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was looking at the wrong line.
So.. 7 million cost with 8.5 savings? Is that what I'm seeing?

If AJ is the answer at LT... this would be a completely acceptable number for me. I'd be moving on.
It depends on when we cut him if we were to cut him and trading is different still. Since you suggested cutting it will be $8 million of his signing bonus and 5 million guaranteed salary. Also depends on when his roster bonus is do. There are post June move designations that can spread it out over two years. Potential though of an $18 million dead money for cutting compared to a 15 million cap hit.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Evans was a 54 from PFF… by far his best of season and on par with David Edwards.
Was yesterday a mirage? Or is he settling in? If he’s settling in… you’re not in a rush to make a trade there.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Good point. Saffold missed 28 games in his first six seasons bur just four in the next six years.
Saffold had a congenital weakness in his shoulders that was able to be repaired, fixed and STRENGTHENED through surgery.

I'm not even going to compare Noteboom with Saffold in any way conceivable.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It depends on when we cut him if we were to cut him and trading is different still. Since you suggested cutting it will be $8 million of his signing bonus and 5 million guaranteed salary. Also depends on when his roster bonus is do. There are post June move designations that can spread it out over two years. Potential though of an $18 million dead money for cutting compared to a 15 million cap hit.
I think, in all those scenarios… the dead money is worth it, if Alaric Jackson is the real deal.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Evans was a 54 from PFF… by far his best of season and on par with David Edwards.
Was yesterday a mirage? Or is he settling in? If he’s settling in… you’re not in a rush to make a trade there.

A 54 against one of the worst teams in the league is not saying much, especially after compiling a score of near 30 for the first 5 games of the year. Still, a trade for a decent IOL seems unlikely, although there may be another practice squad raid in Snead's immediate future. Shelton & Brewer may be our best shot for unseating Evans any time soon, but McBerry seems intent on running with Evans for some crazy reason.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think, in all those scenarios… the dead money is worth it, if Alaric Jackson is the real deal.
That dead money paying him $18 million to go away $5 million more than if he was a backup is an absolute horrible decision. We're paying Matt Gay and Greg Gaines for example $5.2 million. We're paying Henderson, T Lewis, David Long and Burgess a combined $5 million. Our entire draft class before comp picks alone could likely be paid with that $5 million. Getting rid of a backup swing tackle and not being able to pay a handful of people is terrible business. If we can trade him sure that's fine. But outright cutting him is just bad.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
This is what McVay planned on running with this year,

Noteboom- injury plagued, injured again.

Edwards- injured

Allen- injury plagued,
injured again.
(I was never too impressed with hom personally).

"Somebody"- to replace a very solid starter in Corbett.

Havenstein

Way too many questions to go into the season with on your most important unit on your team.

Could you imagine if we didn't luck up with Alaric Jackson as a udfa?

If Aboushi wasn't available?
Skura?

If our third string Center wasn't at least competent?

Wouldn't Matt Skura possibly be a upgrade as a 313 lb replacement for Kolone and maybe even Brian Allen?

I know this sounds crazy but Alaric Jackson might be our best left tackle, just give him some work.

I say let's go with the veterans Skura, Havenstein and Abushi
with Alaric Jackson and I guess Allen at Center.

That line needs a serious dose of veteran presence, (larger ones as well) to be consistent have continuity and improve if we want to make the playoffs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
God I would love to believe he's improving, but against the 49ers I'm scared to death of having Evans at LG, however, I don't see them making a change there based on how he played against the Panthers, plus not having another alternative.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
That dead money paying him $18 million to go away $5 million more than if he was a backup is an absolute horrible decision. We're paying Matt Gay and Greg Gaines for example $5.2 million. We're paying Henderson, T Lewis, David Long and Burgess a combined $5 million. Our entire draft class before comp picks alone could likely be paid with that $5 million. Getting rid of a backup swing tackle and not being able to pay a handful of people is terrible business. If we can trade him sure that's fine. But outright cutting him is just bad.
Exactly. For that cost, better to keep him next year as a backup LT/LG. Then you can cut him after 2023.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. For that cost, better to keep him next year as a backup LT/LG. Then you can cut him after 2023.
Or after 2023 his cost for a new team goes down and we may be able to get more for him even.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
A 54 against one of the worst teams in the league is not saying much, especially after compiling a score of near 30 for the first 5 games of the year. Still, a trade for a decent IOL seems unlikely, although there may be another practice squad raid in Snead's immediate future. Shelton & Brewer may be our best shot for unseating Evans any time soon, but McBerry seems intent on running with Evans for some crazy reason.
Better than Aboushi.. and near Edwards season average,

If you can find better without breaking the bank, do it. But he may be settling in.