Noteboom To IR With Torn Achilles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Rams sign OT that was on their roster back in 2012​

Ty Nsekhe joins the LA Rams - he was previously a member of the St. Louis Rams
By JB Scott Oct 18, 2022
View attachment 57000
The Los Angeles Rams are working to rebuild the depth on the offensive line after suffering yet another major injury to that position group - losing Joe Noteboom for the season due to a ruptured Achilles.

The Rams have signed veteran OT Ty Nsekhe off the Indianapolis Colts’ practice squad, per Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network. It’s a reunion of sorts - Nsekhe was on the roster for the then-St. Louis Rams between 2012 and 2013.

At 36 years old, Nsekhe has been around the NFL for some time. He’s appeared in 93 games and started 17 - his last start came in 2019 with the Buffalo Bills.

With AJ Jackson shifting back to his natural position at LT, and Bobby Evans still penciled in at LG, Nsekhe joins rookie seventh round selection AJ Arcuri at the next man up for either tackle position. Evans probably becomes the swing tackle if/once David Edwards returns from injury and steps back into the starting lineup at one of the guard slots.

The Rams are probably not done looking for reinforcements along the offensive line, and the signing of Nsekhe likely represents more of a stop-gap solution than a season-long fix
I figured the Rams would grab somebody of another practice squad. Hopefully Rams can add someone of significance, but for the present Nsekhe offers some depth for Jackson.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I figured the Rams would grab somebody of another practice squad. Hopefully Rams can add someone of significance, but for the present Nsekhe offers some depth for Jackson.
I was wondering when we would see McVay consultant Jay Gruden's decision......this might be one. Nsekhe/Gruden/McVay were working on the same team 2015/2016.

I watched many games a few seasons back when Nsekhe was starting & he was a fairly good LT. I was surprised.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
You have to suspect Nsekhe is more so just for depth, but given how injuries to the o-line keep piling up, we might well end up needing him. He's a really big body. Hopefully, he can show out well if called upon.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I’m happy with getting Nsekhe for nothing. He’s a backup with real game experience.
If Allen is back against 9ers, I’m optimistic.
Now get that edge rusher & a running back.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shame about Noteboom. He has all the talent in the world, but he can't stay healthy. It sucks for us and him.

Thank holy fate we have A-Jax. I wish we could give Pircher a look (he has to be an upgrade over a thirty-five-year-old swing tackle), but I'm guessing international practice squad players can't be promoted.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kurt Warner.
He was an RFA, wasnt under contract like Jackson is.
Had played the 99 season on a 1 year deal
Jackson has another year plus an RFA year before he can walk.
@Allen2McVay is correct, there's nothing Jackson and his agent can do after the season. He gets 1 mill, then the Rams can slap a 1st round tender on him if they like, and pay him like 6-7 mill in 2023
Heck, Aaron Donald himself tried to hold out during his rookie contract and had to suck it up and play it out

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He was an RFA, wasnt under contract like Jackson is.
Had played the 99 season on a 1 year deal
Jackson has another year plus an RFA year before he can walk.
@Allen2McVay is correct, there's nothing Jackson and his agent can do after the season. He gets 1 mill, then the Rams can slap a 1st round tender on him if they like, and pay him like 6-7 mill in 2023
Heck, Aaron Donald himself tried to hold out during his rookie contract and had to suck it up and play it out
I'm not a contract guy myself but I knew for damn sure that some contract guy would come on here and explain how I was wrong. Lol.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So when would it end?

Did Someone say coax ?

Lines Coke GIF

los angeles humor GIF by kingpalewave

Did you say something officer ?

true romance smile GIF

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If that was why.. then everyone should’ve had their best-ever scores, no?

Allen Robinson did, and Ernest Jones may have.
I'm still trying to work out how Lewis managed such a bad score.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Allen Robinson did, and Ernest Jones may have.
I'm still trying to work out how Lewis managed such a bad score.
Like I said.. everyone should.

Maybe Evans is improving.

“Not awful” was a good place to start.. and he was there on Sunday.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Like I said.. everyone should.

Maybe Evans is improving.

“Not awful” was a good place to start.. and he was there on Sunday.

Are you related to Evans, has he promised you a McMansion ?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Are you related to Evans, has he promised you a McMansion ?
No.. I just think getting locked-in to narratives is counter productive.

Evans has sucked.

Players can improve.

Has he? Too early to tell.. but it’s not like players haven’t bloomed late before.