Nfl combine discussion.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I need to watch Zay, I keep hearing about him. The highlights I have seen were pretty darn good. I might be onboard with Zay too, good input!

He tore up the Senior Bowl. He should have had three TD catches in the game. And his film is equally impressive.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Davis isn't taking part due to his ankle injury. I'm not going to think about Davis because we don't have a shot at him.

I'm reading forums of other NFL teams, some people are saying that Godwin is going to shoot up to the second round.

That's a lot of movement for him, based off of draft predictions before the combine.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm reading forums of other NFL teams, some people are saying that Godwin is going to shoot up to the second round.

That's a lot of movement for him, based off of draft predictions before the combine.

Yea. I think Godwin and Zay will both be battling for second round consideration after today.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Jalen Robinette coming in at his size with huge hand size was impressive. Looks like @jakebogen95's guy won't be there as late as he thought, especially if he puts up a good 40.
Sure didn't put up a good 40. He will be there late I believe he looked good in the on field drills but it won't be enough.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sure didn't put up a good 40. He will be there late I believe he looked good in the on field drills but it won't be enough.
At his size a 4.6 isn't terrible. It's not ideal but not terrible. I think he'll move up still.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
At his size a 4.6 isn't terrible. It's not ideal but not terrible. I think he'll move up still.
I know but guys like Golladay will knock him down a peg. Most impressive per position imo were:
QB - Joshua Dobbs
RB - Tarik Cohen/Christian McCaffrey
WR - Chris Godwin
TE - All of them except a few but Shaheen made himself a lot of money
OL - Forrest Lamp

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Is Zay Jones better than JuJu Smith? Will they be there for us in the second? Will both be there for us in the 3rd?

Both are "Start Now" type of receivers that can really contribute... What are your thoughts?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is Zay Jones better than JuJu Smith? Will they be there for us in the second? Will both be there for us in the 3rd?

Both are "Start Now" type of receivers that can really contribute... What are your thoughts?

I have Juju rated very slightly higher than Zay because I think he's an easier projection. Both will be there for us in the second imo. I don't know if either make it to the third. Would expect chances are better that Zay does than Juju.

Juju is an easier projection because of his size, strength, physicality, and YAC skills. Those things tend to translate well to the NFL. Zay is a little tougher because of his body type. But his Combine performance definitely bodes well for his projection. I'm a big fan of both. Would love to have either guy on this team. They'd play the same role in a very different way.

But I might flip flop on having Juju higher. We'll see. It's a tough call.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm keeping an eye on the DL's 10 yard split time today! It's a good clue as to how quickly they'll get to the QB!! Aaron Donald had, I believe, a 1.69 split time! Garrett, today had a 1.62!! Look-Out QB's!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I need to watch Zay
http://www.redskins.com/news/articl...e-Career/9f945f64-33ec-4e23-afe8-83f22d7dd4e3

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...from-senior-bowl-zay-jones-boosts-draft-stock
Count Zay Jones as one who did both.

The former East Carolina wide receiver caught six passes for 68 yards and a touchdown for the North squad, which lost 16-15. But it was perhaps two plays Jones didn't make that scouts will remember most. Along with his touchdown, which came on a slant route in the red zone late in the fourth quarter, Jones also had two would-be touchdowns taken away -- one on a boundary ruling and the other on a penalty. Nevertheless, the ex-Pirates star left a strong impression on the Chicago Bears coaching staff, which handled the North squad.

He plays like a pro....Reminds me a little of Antonio Brown...Just a little fellas...don't ride me on that> LOL

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lots of Big - Fast - DL's and LB's at the combine today!! Garrett Killing it as expected 1.62 10 yard split, and a 41 in. Vert!!!
Surprise of the day, so far, DE - Jordan Willis - Kansas state - 6ft 4 / 255 - 4.53 in the 40 and a 1.58 10 yard split!! WOW!!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Myles Garrett is, as expected, a freak of nature. Guy is going to be a stud. For the Browns....

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
This Ohio State LB is not the best on the field but is super solid in every way McMillian ? I'm sure we have no shot at him either. So much talent in so many area's of need but not enough "elite" talent at OL that I have to depend on our scouts and Snead to find us coachable diamonds that we can use forever. So many kids to get so excited about. Howard TE and many fast TE's and enough WR's we may get a local boy and a couple OL that other teams will snatch up early.

We MUST GRAB our future Center if he's not already on our squad uncoached in Wichman. I like that outcome the most. I like a couple LB's we can grab and CB's too as many players will get pushed to us as teams take fliers and hidden gems . I'm worried about T.J. Watt staying healthy for us "IF" he falls to us . Has the genes and Matthews in GB compares to him but he also has had injury issues also. Even more angular than clay. With what 2 ACL's already or was it shoulders ? Things are running together in my mind now.

I'm just excited PERIOD !!!:yess: