Nfl combine discussion.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OG Cooper did well from himself today and Mayock called him a mauler. If we take another prospect not named Lamp in round 2 I'm all for Cooper in third or fourth round.

I love Lamp!!!
Cooper is 6ft 2 / 322 and had a 5.36 40. Not too bad for that weight!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not big enough. I don't know if a tackle less than 300 pounds.
Other than our own 285lbs Aaron Donald that is? There are quite a few right around and even below 300lbs.

Psycho_X

Legend
OG Cooper did well from himself today and Mayock called him a mauler. If we take another prospect not named Lamp in round 2 I'm all for Cooper in third or fourth round.

I love Lamp!!!

joy_anchorman_brick_1_pn.jpg

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I think Lamp continues to climb. Even without Mayock pumping him up. Blind squirrels we're commenting on how well this Kid looked today among his peers. Makes me sick , as I'm wondering how we are gonna get our inside stud we desperately lack. Just hope our new OL coach brought his Mojo with him and we can use what we have and maybe move our late pick Wichman to center.

The Rams lacked COACHING across the board for years. We gotta be "MUCH"better just with real coaching. Plus where do we have Greg Robinson where he makes us better? That in itself makes me excited. Not sure Saffold sticks with our new OL coach. Toth from Kentucky looks too raw to me as I've heard folks mock him. With 18 new coaches I am excited going back to My Rams White Horns I fell in love with when I fell in love with them over 50 years ago. We are on our way back UPWARD and REAL RESPECT once again. I hope our scouts are on their game as we need CB's,OL, WR's and maybe a TE or two as we may be running 3 TE sets with our new HC. :yess:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well if the Rams do FA right they'll have an addition at OG that should help our line out immensely. And that selection of Lamp in round 1 will push another good player down.

Impact guys are gonna be there at our pick. There will be a round 1 value type who can make a difference, Rams just gotta be smart and take him.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Just saw Kizer trying to buddy up to our own new OC - LaFleur this morning as the WR's were running their 40's. Not really "news" but found it kinda cool seeing him standing there in OUR colors and was wondering who the player it was that was bending his ear. It was Kizer.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I hope the 9ers go with Kizer. Really don't like what I see from him at the combine. And on tape he makes some really bad decisions, hence the turnovers. Trubisky is definately my QB1 in the draft(so far). Haven't seen his combine yet

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One note re: Lamp while I'm thinking about it... 32.25 inch arms measurement is gonna hurt him. Doubt he'll get past late round 1 with as polished as he is but that ain't gonna help him.

OL measurements

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People are going to regret passing on Watson. The guy looks great to me. Watched a lot of their games and honestly I see a lot of Warner/GSOT in Watson's game tape. Not that I see the same ability or offense but I see a QB who's head coach has told him to push the envelope. His HC didn't care if he threw INT's, just like the Rams weren't worried about turning the ball over, because he knew they were going to score and put up points. Dabo was always pushing the envelope and his QB. People are going to hold those INT's against him but I think it was part of the offensive philosophy that Dabo pushed. You might need to curtail that care free gunslinger mentality from him but he's going to be a damned good QB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One note re: Lamp while I'm thinking about it... 32.25 inch arms measurement is gonna hurt him. Doubt he'll get past late round 1 with as polished as he is but that ain't gonna help him.

OL measurements
Arm length IMO isn't a factor because nobody was planning on him being an OT. As a Guard there's nothing wrong with him reach.I'd be shocked if he makes it to Denver at 20 and even more shocked if he makes it past them.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Anyone else notice how good a thrower the QB for Miami Florida looked? Brad Kaaya? Looked pretty comfortable in the drills. A lot of incomplete passes but he was putting the ball where it should have been and receivers couldn't get to it. I was impressed. Haven't look at his tape or draft profile yet though.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
maybe a TE or two as we may be running 3 TE sets with our new HC. :yess:
Don't know if these guys are really TE's....hands in the dirt kind...but damn there is some athleticism & explosion out there today...Some TE just ran a 4.43...and a bunch of 4.5's & 4.6's....

Anyone else notice how good a thrower the QB for Miami Florida looked
Kaya has some serious tools. Watch out for Kaya, Kizer, Webb, and Mahomes...