Nfl combine discussion.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good thing we didn't blow all our cap room on a CB
Ooops, wait a minute
Totally irrelevant.

22 guys ran under a 4.5 (including Peppers). Time to draft a couple of these guys.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not irrelevant at all. Deep draft for DB, invest the $$ elsewhere
TruJos contract is irrelevant, we need more than just him in the secondary and it doesn't change the fact we can and should draft a couple CB. I get that you're pissed off about the TruJo situation but stop letting it cloud your judgement. It was a necessity to sign him and we still should draft some CB. It's amazingly fun, recently here people were criticizing Fisher for failing to take advantage of a draft classes strength. And now here you are suggesting we do it again because you don't like us tagging TruJo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TruJos contract is irrelevant, we need more than just him in the secondary and it doesn't change the fact we can and should draft a couple CB. I get that you're ticked off about the TruJo situation but stop letting it cloud your judgement. It was a necessity to sign him and we still should draft some CB. It's amazingly fun, recently here people were criticizing Fisher for failing to take advantage of a draft classes strength. And now here you are suggesting we do it again because you don't like us tagging TruJo.
I don't mind that they had to tag him, I have an issue with the idea that they are intending to wait a year to see if he's worth long term. They needed to sign him long term now, keep the player in horns (he's earned it) and NOT crush the cap

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't mind that they had to tag him, I have an issue with the idea that they are intending to wait a year to see if he's worth long term. They needed to sign him long term now, keep the player in horns (he's earned it) and NOT crush the cap
So what in that statement means we can't or shouldn't draft some of this amazing CB class?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what in that statement means we can't or shouldn't draft some of this amazing CB class?
The draft is fluid and where they may have been in a position to draft a DB they may have to bypass that to draft an olineman or WR since they weren't able to find one in FA.
It's all related

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The draft is fluid and where they may have been in a position to draft a DB they may have to bypass that to draft an olineman or WR since they weren't able to find one in FA.
It's all related
So you know after signing that tender for TruJo that they won't be able to address anything in free agency so that will prevent us from drafting among the talented DB's in the draft? Magic 8 ball disagrees with you.

10.jpg

But I would certainly never argue with Deiter"Miss Cleo" Brock.

MTI0ODc1NjAyNjMyMTY1Mzg2.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you know after signing that tender for TruJo that they won't be able to address anything in free agency so that will prevent us from drafting among the talented DB's in the draft? Magic 8 ball disagrees with you.

10.jpg

But I would certainly never argue with Deiter"Miss Cleo" Brock.

MTI0ODc1NjAyNjMyMTY1Mzg2.jpg
Don't need a magic ball to know that they have 16.7 less cap room to be applied to other Free Agents on a team with several holes.
Just simple math

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't need a magic ball to know that they have 16.7 less cap room to be applied to other Free Agents on a team with several holes.
Just simple math
Simple guess work :D There's plenty of money to spend and plenty of free agents to sign it's way to early to give up when free agency hasn't even started.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These DBs are blowing the combine up. I hoping we draft two or three of them.

Insane quality and depth in this group man. They're living up to the hype in the measurables. As many as 7 (at the most) could go round one and still gonna be tough vs other positions in round 2 the way they're gonna grade out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's all related

Yeah that's called reaching. You can get away with it, but in general it's a bad idea and I hope Snead avoids that.

He needs to set the expectation high with this round two pick. Pick the best player on the board as you have graded them out or move up/down to ensure value is there.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Yeah that's called reaching. You can get away with it, but in general it's a bad idea and I hope Snead avoids that.

He needs to set the expectation high with this round two pick. Pick the best player on the board as you have graded them out or move up/down to ensure value is there.

That's not reaching... Reaching is when you grab a player that was supposed to go 3 rounds AFTER the round you selected him in. THAT's reaching.

This on the other hand is simply, filling a positional need while playing BPA.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you know what sucks? When Ahkello Witherspoon, T.J. Watt, Gareon Conley, and Jordan Willis all prove you right, you realize now that you might not get any of them. :LOL:

Ahkello is a total freak. Have we seen an athletic profile like his ever before? Maybe Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie? There are few guys with Ahkello's length capable of playing CB, even fewer capable of running and jumping like he can, and once you get to his agility and hip flexibility, there is basically nobody left.

I had him graded as a late-first round pick going into the Combine. Now, I'm worried that the NFL will too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only good news today is that Jourdan Lewis didn't blow up the Combine. He might fall much further than he should. That's very good news for us.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Pick the best player on the board as you have graded them out
THIS!! Except for QB, this is a really deep good Draft!! A lot of Big - Fast Quick - Athletic Players at every position!! JMHO!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not reaching... Reaching is when you grab a player that was supposed to go 3 rounds AFTER the round you selected him in. THAT's reaching.

This on the other hand is simply, filling a positional need while playing BPA.

It's reaching. Your example is simply a much greater reach.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
It's reaching. Your example is simply a much greater reach.

No... It's not. But whatever you want to tell yourself.

What do I know though, I've only been drafting and playing fantasy for 15 years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No... It's not. But whatever you want to tell yourself.

What do I know though, I've only been drafting and playing fantasy for 15 years.

Didn't realize I was conversing with a professional, so I will tread very carefully here..

These guys are all graded out individually and placed on boards in that order. They do end up falling into groups, sure. Each time teams draft anything other than the top name on their board it is a reach. Sometimes it's going to be a small reach, which is no problem and quite common, based on them viewing that group as equivalent. Others it's going to be significant.

Let's say 6 CBs go round one. If that happens, there will still be multiple options at that position graded out higher than most other positions. There's a real good chance the Rams will have to reach a bit at that pick. Why? Because CB, RB, and DE are all loaded and will be very well represented there, so to go OL or wideout there will be a reach most likely. The OL reach will probably be larger than wideout too, btw, to the extent that I'd say it's a longshot for the Rams to draft that position there.

It happens, teams are gonna do it. But I'm not going to sugar coat it and call it something else. That's all.