Nfl combine discussion.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
With what John Ross did today, I think Juju lasts to our pick. He did enough to cement himself in the 2nd round. His measurable numbers were what they needed to be.(and what I expected)

Zay Jones really blew my mind. I didn't think he was going to run a 4.45 or jump like he did. He showed a lot more speed and explosion than expected. That might vault him into the second round. Frankly, he deserves it. He's polished as hell and catches everything in the same zip code as him. I'd be very happy if we came away with Zay, Juju, or Godwin in this draft.

I also am a huge fan of Ishmael Zamora.(but he wasn't invited to the Combine due to his off the field issue at Baylor)

I was wondering who you like at WR for the Rams that could be there at #2 pick. Zay Jones showed some speed. He also seems a little bigger. I was surprised he was measured at 6 2. Mayock has him in his top 5. Looks like Rams could get a very good WR in round 2.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785722/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings
Wide receiver

1. Corey Davis, Western Michigan
2. Mike Williams, Clemson
3. John Ross, Washington
4. Cooper Kupp, Eastern Washington
5. Zay Jones, East Carolina

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
What's the deal with Josh Malone @ WR? He put up good combine #'s and has good size.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two edge rushers that I really like had nice days. Jordan Willis had a dominant day. He was a super productive player in college. Very hardworking and fairly polished. Needs to vary his rush attacks, but he wins and controls with his hands. Was amongst the best edge rushers at the Combine in 40 time, jumps, and agility time. Really tore it up. Kansas State and Bill Snyder have nothing but amazing things to say about him. I was targeting him with our third round pick previously, but now I think we'd have to take him with our second if he's there.

T.J. Watt also ran a good 40 for his size and posted jump numbers that were superior to any other edge guy except for Willis and Garrett.

Zay Jones and Chris Godwin continued their dominant Combines by posting great numbers in the agility drills. Jonnu Smith, David Njoku, O.J. Howard, and Evan Engram all did the same.

I was wondering who you like at WR for the Rams that could be there at #2 pick. Zay Jones showed some speed. He also seems a little bigger. I was surprised he was measured at 6 2. Mayock has him in his top 5. Looks like Rams could get a very good WR in round 2.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785722/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings
Wide receiver

1. Corey Davis, Western Michigan
2. Mike Williams, Clemson
3. John Ross, Washington
4. Cooper Kupp, Eastern Washington
5. Zay Jones, East Carolina

Juju, Zay, or Godwin are the guys I'd look at.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@jrry32 Not combine related but what are the chances we could trade TruJo say to the Browns who have a ton of space and need there. Not that we don't have a need there obviously but just something I was thinking about.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 Not combine related but what are the chances we could trade TruJo say to the Browns who have a ton of space and need there. Not that we don't have a need there obviously but just something I was thinking about.

Technically, we could. But things like that rarely happen and are frowned upon. I'd put the chances close to 0%.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After watching the Combine carefully for the last 3 days I have come to one conclusion. with the exception of the QB's, this is a very good deep Draft!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yep. His entire family basically are pros. His dad is Robert Jones (former Cowboys LB during their dominant run in the 90s), his brother is Cayleb Jones (UDFA who plays for the Vikings), and his uncle is Jeff Blake (former Bengals QB).

He definitely plays like a pro at this point. Route running is already good, but it can get better (I bet it will). He catches everything in his radius (which is large due to his 6'2" height and long arms). He's an intelligent player who recognizes coverages and varies his routes based on the coverage and leverage of the defender. He blocks well. His college WR Coach is now a NFL WR Coach.

I really love the kid. He should be capable of making an immediate impact and has plenty of potential (as shown by his dominant Combine).

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Two edge rushers that I really like had nice days. Jordan Willis had a dominant day. He was a super productive player in college. Very hardworking and fairly polished. Needs to vary his rush attacks, but he wins and controls with his hands. Was amongst the best edge rushers at the Combine in 40 time, jumps, and agility time. Really tore it up. Kansas State and Bill Snyder have nothing but amazing things to say about him. I was targeting him with our third round pick previously, but now I think we'd have to take him with our second if he's there.

@jryy32, I agree with Willis. I have been targeting him off and on with my mock simulations @ Fanspeak. I also like Tim Williams. I'm not ready to pigeon hole myself into thinking WR with the 2nd Rnd pick ; there may be a better player on the board @ OLB /Edge, OG and/or TE. I think I would go crazy if TJ Watt, Forrest Lamp and Evan ENgram were all available @ 37.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jryy32, I agree with Willis. I have been targeting him off and on with my mock simulations @ Fanspeak. I also like Tim Williams. I'm not ready to pigeon hole myself into thinking WR with the 2nd Rnd pick ; there may be a better player on the board @ OLB /Edge, OG and/or TE. I think I would go crazy if TJ Watt, Forrest Lamp and Evan ENgram were all available @ 37.

I just can't see any way that NFL teams are dumb enough to let Lamp drop out of the first.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have Juju rated very slightly higher than Zay because I think he's an easier projection. Both will be there for us in the second imo. I don't know if either make it to the third. Would expect chances are better that Zay does than Juju.

Juju is an easier projection because of his size, strength, physicality, and YAC skills. Those things tend to translate well to the NFL. Zay is a little tougher because of his body type. But his Combine performance definitely bodes well for his projection. I'm a big fan of both. Would love to have either guy on this team. They'd play the same role in a very different way.

But I might flip flop on having Juju higher. We'll see. It's a tough call.
I like JuJu ... but my only concern with him is injuries .. ????

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
edge rushers that I really like had nice days. Jordan Willis had a dominant day. He was a super productive player in college. Very hardworking and fairly polished.

I agree with Willis.
Yes, that's the guy from the Senior Bowl...Damn he looked good then...better now...Kinda raw is how the announcers described him then.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
T.J. Watt
6'4.5" 252 pounds
33.125" arms
11" hands
4.69 40
21 BP Reps
37" Vertical Jump
10'08" Broad Jump
4.13 Short Shuttle
6.79 Three Cone Drill

Can y'all say freak athlete?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
T.J. Watt
6'4.5" 252 pounds
33.125" arms
11" hands
4.69 40
21 BP Reps
37" Vertical Jump
10'08" Broad Jump
4.13 Short Shuttle
6.79 Three Cone Drill

Can y'all say freak athlete?

Probably a first round pick now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Teams will now reach for Chris Godwin. Solid 40 time, maybe a second rounder now?

Godwin wouldn't be a reach in round 2

I'm reading forums of other NFL teams, some people are saying that Godwin is going to shoot up to the second round.

That's a lot of movement for him, based off of draft predictions before the combine.

Godwin is underrated up till now. He has great hands and concentration. He don't remember him losing a contested catch and he had a lot of them. I blame McSorley's (QB) lack of arm talent on all of the underground passes that Godwin had to slow down for or come back to. Some PSU fans claim that they are by design and part Of the OCs offense.

I'd be happy with Godwin or Jones. Remember Torry and Ike were not tall lanky guys. Antonio Brown isn't, nor Steve Smith. JuJu was injured in college, Godwin wasn't and I don't know if Jones was. Say sure sounds like an L.A. name though doesn't it?

Godwin was a Bill O'Brien recruit, when O'Brien was at Penn State. Could B'OB like him enough and be connected enough to take him in round 1? If they can keep Bouye and don't have to get a corner, it could happen. More likely though he is a second round pick.

I'll put Godwin's combine interview up. He is an intelligent, professional young man.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This Ohio State LB is not the best on the field but is super solid in every way McMillian ? I'm sure we have no shot at him either. So much talent in so many area's of need but not enough "elite" talent at OL that I have to depend on our scouts and Snead to find us coachable diamonds that we can use forever. So many kids to get so excited about. Howard TE and many fast TE's and enough WR's we may get a local boy and a couple OL that other teams will snatch up early.

We MUST GRAB our future Center if he's not already on our squad uncoached in Wichman. I like that outcome the most. I like a couple LB's we can grab and CB's too as many players will get pushed to us as teams take fliers and hidden gems . I'm worried about T.J. Watt staying healthy for us "IF" he falls to us . Has the genes and Matthews in GB compares to him but he also has had injury issues also. Even more angular than clay. With what 2 ACL's already or was it shoulders ? Things are running together in my mind now.

I'm just excited PERIOD !!!:yess:

I watched Raekwon McMillan's career at OSU, and I want him on the Rams. A true ILB running a 4.61 40? Nasty. Could be in the 2nd round range, although wouldn't be surprised if he went earlier now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These DBs are blowing the combine up. I hoping we draft two or three of them.