Nfl combine discussion.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Didn't realize I was conversing with a professional, so I will tread very carefully here..

These guys are all graded out individually and placed on boards in that order. They do end up falling into groups, sure. Each time teams draft anything other than the top name on their board it is a reach. Sometimes it's going to be a small reach, which is no problem and quite common, based on them viewing that group as equivalent. Others it's going to be significant.

Let's say 6 CBs go round one. If that happens, there will still be multiple options at that position graded out higher than most other positions. There's a real good chance the Rams will have to reach a bit at that pick. Why? Because CB, RB, and DE are all loaded and will be very well represented there, so to go OL or wideout there will be a reach most likely. The OL reach will probably be larger than wideout too, btw, to the extent that I'd say it's a longshot for the Rams to draft that position there.

It happens, teams are gonna do it. But I'm not going to sugar coat it and call it something else. That's all.

Blocked. Don't need to hear demeaning drivel from someone. That's still not reaching, mr draft master. Your explanation did nothing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blocked. Don't need to hear demeaning drivel from someone. That's still not reaching, mr draft master. Your explanation did nothing.

Oh good grief. Couldn't we have agreed to disagree? Never could understand why folks get so worked up by differing opinions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah that's called reaching. You can get away with it, but in general it's a bad idea and I hope Snead avoids that.

He needs to set the expectation high with this round two pick. Pick the best player on the board as you have graded them out or move up/down to ensure value is there.

Reaching is a concept invented by draft media. It's meaningless. When players pan out, nobody cares if they were a reach. Teams are judged based on the outcome of their picks. Nobody cares about the draft rankings once we have real outcomes.

The truth is that nobody outside of the draft room knows who is or isn't a "reach." There's really no use worrying about it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reaching is a concept invented by draft media. It's meaningless. When players pan out, nobody cares if they were a reach. Teams are judged based on the outcome of their picks. Nobody cares about the draft rankings once we have real outcomes.

The truth is that nobody outside of the draft room knows who is or isn't a "reach." There's really no use worrying about it.

Yeah we disagree man, no worries. Not gonna continue arguing this one, no point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, but since the move to LA, I've gone from hardcore draftnik and Rams fan to casual NFL fan at best.
I know but a man can hope.
I respect your decision, like many others
However I respect the crap out of your Senior Bowl/Combine/Draft knowledge as well and leave a candle lit that you find your way back.