NFL Attendance articles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just heard a report tv ratings are down 14% from last year which was down from the year before. NFL has a problem.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just heard a report tv ratings are down 14% from last year which was down from the year before. NFL has a problem.

Problem is viewer ship is down on everything, the younger generation feel they can stream things for less money and they are gaming most of the time so I just feel that is a trend. Soon there will be data caps across the board and there will be a drastic shift in many things.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's what fans are seeing:

Controversy during the anthem. Kickoff. Commercial. Penalty. Commercial. Penalty. Commercial. Review. Penalty. Commercial.

Yawn. Thank God the NHL is starting soon.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If I were Spanos I'd tell the other owners "tough s#!t." The 27k seat stadium is a BS setup anyway, the whole thing is set up to fail and it's Dean's fault tbh. He thought he could sell out at 2x the price and come close to what he made in San Dog. He was wrong. Owners are probably already pi$$ed about the gate numbers anyway tbh and not just going to LA to play in that high school stadium.

On that map in the article you can see how bad it is. 27k seats were the reduced number to "allow for optimum fan experience." They had to do that because they knew they were over charging seats. If they reduce the cost of the seats, they can expand things out to 30k which eats a lot of the 5k or so tickets I suggested they distribute to fans and booster clubs to get working class folks in the seats. They'd be mostly non-optimum seats of course.

But that 5k suggestion was really made in regards to the Rams in the Coliseum. Might have to go lower than 5k in Stub-Hub. Also the stadiums being vastly different irt the Coliseum I'd make sure more bottled water sales were available, particularly on the earlier games when the fans are roasting in the stands.

Either way though right now neither the Rams nor Chargers have a home field advantage. I think they could do more to help that happen. In the Rams case they already have lower prices, so winning will definitely start filling up the Coliseum. With the Chargers they gotta reduce game attendance cost because what they're doing now isn't working. At least the other way they get a home field advantage. And if they don't do anything (which I hope is their approach since I hate Spanos) it's going to be a painful and obvious difference when the Rams start packing in huge crowds in the Coliseum while the Chargers are filling in 12k golf clappers with their chilled chardonnay.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is the NHL? And you can't bring religion into this debate.

It's the best damn bang for your buck for attending a sports venue. MLS is pretty good too, btw, put hockey above it due to visual closeness to action, environment, etc. It's a great time man.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Embrace the internet, and ratings won't be a problem. People are going away from cable.

I'd GLADLY pay for a legit feed to only get Rams games. They could sell team specific packages for $100 and they'd sell bunches.

They should also have an ala carte option.

Honesty, the MLB model is perfect, but the NFL wants a damn mint for the games...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What is the NHL? And you can't bring religion into this debate.

Hockey's only a religion in Canada and certain parts of the former Soviet Union.

Everywhere else it's just a strange philosophy that makes everyone talks like they're from Ottawa

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Problem is viewer ship is down on everything, the younger generation feel they can stream things for less money and they are gaming most of the time so I just feel that is a trend. Soon there will be data caps across the board and there will be a drastic shift in many things.

Pretty much, not sure why the NFL or cable companies are trying to maintain their unsustainable model via cable subscriptions; they're gonna end up like Sears if they keep it up

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe the NFL should take a hint from ROD's NFL forum & its policy's .....keep pro football pure free of things not football. Its not hard to do.

Too late.

You can't un-ring a bell.

The NBA has a rule that everone has to stand in an orderly line for the anthem and I'm sure the NFL will put that policy into place.

But the point has been made. And I commend rich athletes for sticking up for poor and less fortunate people.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hockey's only a religion in Canada and certain parts of the former Soviet Union.

Everywhere else it's just a strange philosophy that makes everyone talks like they're from Ottawa

Gotta disagree with you, Mack. Hockey is the best sport there is, aside from football. Constant action, big hits, great saves, sweet goals. It's amazing, and you should definitely try going to a game.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Too late.

You can't un-ring a bell.

The NBA has a rule that everone has to stand in an orderly line for the anthem and I'm sure the NFL will put that policy into place.

But the point has been made. And I commend rich athletes for sticking up for poor and less fortunate people.

Memphis Grizzles head coach apparently knows little about that NBA rule. He's stated that if the players want to take a knee, he'll take one with them.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, the main reason NFL attendance is down is due to the exorbitant overall cost to attend games vs. the ease and comfort, of which, to watch the games at home. Viewership? I'm sure the hundreds of illegal streams that now exist that didn't exist in the past have a great deal to do with those numbers, too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Also, @Mackeyser , if you're moving to Minnesota, you're going to have to become a hockey fan. Just make sure not to become a Chicago Blackhags fan.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do not attendance records flow back and forth through the NFL's career, and why do we care? I'll end up watching my Rams games until they are gone. I have to do it from the house because I am well over 3500 miles away. I wish I could attend a couple of games a year, but I can't do it.

It's more affordable to stay at home. For me, and every Ram fan between my house and the coliseum.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pretty much, not sure why the NFL or cable companies are trying to maintain their unsustainable model via cable subscriptions; they're gonna end up like Sears if they keep it up

Agreed and that's why the smart communication companies (that's what they will call themselves) will offer free streaming to their HSD customer's to get them on board and when they keep the service, count it as a video subscriber, which will please their stockholders that they have vastly increased in video connects and then once people are streaming NFL games and they can account for that, all will well once again.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Memphis Grizzles head coach apparently knows little about that NBA rule. He's stated that if the players want to take a knee, he'll take one with them.

Well they can do it, but fines follow.

In the coming weeks I expect to see fans fighting in the stands over this. Because people will never fail to disappoint.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

too much talk about the kneeling down before, during and after games plus all week on nfl shows. who gives a fuck. it's a real turnoff. the media is the real problem here in that there's too many hours dedicated to nfl coverage and they never stop talking about it. they go round and round in circles saying the same thing over and over and they're constantly preaching. fuck off. luckily i tape the shows and can fast forward through it or on game pass can just click forward to more interesting subject matters. but if you have the tv on, i would switch off.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
too much talk about the kneeling down before, during and after games plus all week on nfl shows. who gives a freak. it's a real turnoff. the media is the real problem here in that there's too many hours dedicated to nfl coverage and they never stop talking about it. they go round and round in circles saying the same thing over and over and they're constantly preaching. freak off. luckily i tape the shows and can fast forward through it or on game pass can just click forward to more interesting subject matters. but if you have the tv on, i would switch off.

I've been watching the NFL for about 50 years now and this past weekend is the first time ever I've seen them, when going on commercial break before opening ceremonies, that they put across the screen in big bold letters, NATIONAL ANTHEM COMING RIGHT UP. The agenda was in full swing this past week. Yes, kurtfaulk, the gift of DVR is priceless. I don't have to listen to any drivel and I get to skip all the nauseating commercials.