NFL Attendance articles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Honestly I was so happy that this "stuff" was nowhere to be found on ROD

Look, football is an escape for me

And I'm ok with that

The End
Maybe the NFL should take a hint from ROD's NFL forum & its policy's .....keep pro football pure free of things not football. Its not hard to do.

The NFL & its top people have not followed their own policies & rules & let all this get out of hand. Roger Stokoe Goodell has nobody to blame but himself. Its a wonder that he still has a job much less be the Commissioner of the National Football League. Goodell has no clue on what damage he has done to my favorite professional sport & pastime.

Bottom line here its a business & when this business continues to trend downward like it has the last 2 seasons its going to be hard to stop the bleed out. The golden Goose was run over & is nothing but a stinky grease spot in the road.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What the fuck?
Are some of you serious that you'd rather stay at home than go to a game?

I would go to all the games if I was in LA
I would take my son and have a blast
Going to the game is the best - staying at home is weak if the stadium is in your hometown - fuck that bullshit

Sure parking is expensive - take fucking Uber
Sure beer is expensive - stop drinking
Sure food is costs bucks - eat before or after

Get over it

* One of my best memories was opening day 3 years ago with all of you for Thordaddy - it was the best and you can't get those memories sitting in your Lazy Boy

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Honestly, if the Rams' stadium was within walking distance of my house, and the tickets were free, I'd probably only go to a few games. It's just been made so much more enjoyable to watch at home. I'd image lots of people feel the same way, but who knows. I also think I'd rather go to training camp to see the players. You'd have a much better chance of talking to them and stuff.
I completely agree with you -X-, But I do enjoy having thousands of other Rams Fans around me, screaming, at the game!
I can't fit that many people into my home for the game!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope Atlanta, with there Cheaper prices for everything is a "Hit", and they keep there Stadium Full because of it! It could start a trend around the NFL!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What the freak?

Going to the game is the best - staying at home is weak if the stadium is in your hometown - freak that bullcrap

Sure parking is expensive - take freaking Uber

Get over it

* One of my best memories was opening day 3 years ago with all of you for Thordaddy - it was the best and you can't get those memories sitting in your Lazy Boy
giphy.gif

Psycho_X

Legend
IMO it's more the cost of the games. The owners have gotten so greedy that the cost of going to a game is more than pretty much any event out there.

Even superstar concerts overall cost aren't as expensive as the NFL. They are pricing themselves out of the game.

It's not talked about much but it's a big reason some fans are staying home.

Yeah you're right, that is a big problem that needs fixed also.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What the freak?

Going to the game is the best - staying at home is weak if the stadium is in your hometown - freak that bullcrap

Get over it

I agree with you on almost everything here... but I'm not gonna stop drinking!

Going to the games is the best... and it's more than just the game. It's the whole experience. Especially tailgating hours before the kickoff and spending time with fellow fanatics.

Don't get me wrong... I have a very sweet setup for home viewing. But I would go to every game if I lived close enough.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
What the freak?

Sure beer is expensive - Drink your own beer before the game

Get over it

Fixed it for you

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well. all you Ram Fans that can afford 500 bucks or more, to take you, your wife and two kids to a game, have a great time, while I sit here and explain to my grandkids why I can't take them to a game.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
its going to get worse after this last weekend bank it. football is an escape from the every day BS we put up with and they have brought it to our living rooms now. that and refs taking over games has turned me off of watching it.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Amen man.
No parking to deal with....and pay through the nose for parking.
No idiot drunks screaming out cursed every 10 seconds (except for me)
No $12 crappy burgers or $8 beers.
No waiting hours to get out of the parking lot.
And the list goes on.
Wanna run some errands in the morning?
Perfect. Record it and watch the first half fast forwarding through the ads.
The NFL has made the tv experience too good.

$8 beers??? where are you finding $8 beers? The cheapest ones i found were $10 and that's for shitty Coors light

~lyser

Rookie
It IS a combination of reasons. Hell, I would boycott the NFL on 11/12 for Veterans Day weekend myself, except the Rams are playing the Texans that Sunday, so I guess I will be watching. If the Rams were on a bye week though...I might just skip watching the games (not the Thursday night game though 'cause there is fuck all to do on a Thursday night, and not the Monday night game because Mondays suck just a little less when there is a game to look forward to, probably not the Sunday early game because I might get roped into going to church if I don't watch and not the Sunday late game either 'cause I certainly don't wanna help make dinner..I might fall asleep at halftime of the Sunday night game though 'cause fuck the NFL).

I wonder about the kids. I got a couple boys myself and they have NO INTEREST in the NFL. Not only is that a personal failure as a parent (among others), but I wonder if that is kind of an across the board thing. Obviously, some kids like the NFL, but when I was a kid EVERYBODY liked the NFL, unless you were a commie or a queer. I don't think it is like that today.

Ram65

Legend
These are average ticket prices!
2017 NFL Pricing Preview: Your Guide to Costs & Trends for the Upcoming Season
Jul 10, 2017 4:32 PM by Julia

NFL preseason games, Vivid Seats analyzes ticket sales data that reveals what fans are paying to cheer on their favorite teams. From the average cost per ticket of a Super Bowl Champion to the team with the cheapest seats, find out where your team falls into the mix.

Vivid Seats 2017 NFL Pricing Preview:

NFL ticket prices for the 2017 season average $172, an increase of six percent year-over-year. The season opener between the New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs is currently the most expensive 2017 matchup with a $692 average ticket price – 302 percent higher than the overall season average. Average ticket prices by team include:

Highlights:

1. Fans hoping to catch a New England Patriots or Atlanta Falcons game will pay a premium this year, with average ticket prices of $380 (31 percent higher than 2016) and $259 (135 percent higher than 2016), respectively.

2. Proving that winning pays, two-thirds (66 percent) of the teams that made it to the 2016 playoffs saw an increase in average ticket prices year-over-year.

3. Winning records equal higher prices. Of the 10 teams with the most expensive ticket prices, eight had winning records in the 2016 regular season.

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/2017-nfl-pricing-preview

Attachments

• NFL Tix Cost.png
    NFL Tix Cost.png
    316.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow!

Average of $380 to see NE?

I know the cost of living is higher up there but $380?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow Raiders with the big middle finger on the way out of town with a 44% increase.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams' strategy should pay off here pretty soon. Already favorable ticket prices. Big win in Dallas will help solidify them being a contender in the fans' minds if the game goes that way. Just keep winning and that crowd will start packin in.

Ram65

Legend
These are average ticket prices. I know I'm out of touch with going to events and cost but these seem really high in most cases. Add in parking, food and drink for family of 4 and you can hit $1,000 or more depending on the site. People that buy season tickets are shelling out some serious money. This has to be is a big reason why attendance is down. It just cost too much.

1. Chargers double price to $200.
2. Falcons have cheap food and drinks but, charge $259 up 135% for the new diggs.