Negative Nanny thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I feel better today than I did last Monday....:neener:so there...:yess::yess::yess::yess:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not going to go all negative after a win like this, but will offer a couple things:

- Yes, Keenum was noticeably improved over what we saw last Monday ... but damn, I still want Goff in there. Stat. Fisher needs to do whatever is necessary to speed his readiness along.

- Boras was better at playcalling today than on Monday ... but he still has a lot of room for improvement.

Great win. Plenty of work to still be done.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why are some members considered negative for holding our team to better standards?
Because you're not actually holding them to anything. You can't change anything about anything ... ever. No matter how much you say. Some members are considered negative because they're whining about things outside of their control over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It's like the complaining about the fucking weather on Tuesday when it's beautiful outside on Thursday. "Yeah, but it might rain again!" So? It's not raining now. The primary reason this board was founded (I know, because I founded it) was to provide a place where you could watch and analyze the game without having to read "Bench this guy!" "Fire that guy!" "Shit can this coach!" "Hire that coach!" "So and so sucks!" "We always suck!" "This guy is better than our guy and we could have drafted that guy!" "The GM is a bozo!" "The coach is a bum!" "I hate my Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!"

You wanna know how it used to be here? It used to be that posters would roll with the punches. We'd get upset about the game, but we didn't wave some fairy wand around in the sky and demand that shit change or we'd just continue to bitch about it until someone else made that decision. We analyzed stuff. We pointed out where we could improve, and we pointed out high points that we could continue to build on. We joked around and we lifted each other's spirits. We made fun of other forums where there was nothing but in-fighting and complaining 24/7, because they seemed fucking miserable about life in general. All over a goddamn game.

That's why.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Because you're not actually holding them to anything. You can't change anything about anything ... ever. No matter how much you say. Some members are considered negative because they're whining about things outside of their control over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It's like the complaining about the freaking weather on Tuesday when it's beautiful outside on Thursday. "Yeah, but it might rain again!" So? It's not raining now. The primary reason this board was founded (I know, because I founded it) was to provide a place where you could watch and analyze the game without having to read "Bench this guy!" "Fire that guy!" "crap can this coach!" "Hire that coach!" "So and so sucks!" "We always suck!" "This guy is better than our guy and we could have drafted that guy!" "The GM is a bozo!" "The coach is a bum!" "I hate my Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!"

You wanna know how it used to be here? It used to be that posters would roll with the punches. We'd get upset about the game, but we didn't wave some fairy wand around in the sky and demand that crap change or we'd just continue to bitch about it until someone else made that decision. We analyzed stuff. We pointed out where we could improve, and we pointed out high points that we could continue to build on. We joked around and we lifted each other's spirits. We made fun of other forums where there was nothing but in-fighting and complaining 24/7, because they seemed freaking miserable about life in general. All over a goddamn game.

That's why.

raw

bluecoconuts

Legend
Would have to rewatch it, but pretty sure the pass was wide right in the EZ

Looked at it again, I think it's short regardless of the contact, but had Britt come back to it in time it was more than enough for the TD. Case was rushed to get the ball out early because about 3 Seattle players broke through and were in his face.

bluecoconuts

Legend
We have the playbook, but we need a viable trigger man and viable targets.

I dunno, I think that Goff has more talent and a better arm than Keenum, but Keenum isn't so inept that he can't throw deep. His velocity was measured the same as Wilson at 55 MPH (Goff has a ball velocity of 60 MPH).. Goff's release time is .37, which is pretty fast (Brady is .39) but I don't think Keenum has a release time that much slower... So it's not like there's such a difference in physical ability that they can't throw the ball deeper... I think it's more about playcalling than anything.

Although it could be that they feel Goff would have better footwork and pocket presence to buy extra time.. Who knows.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Because you're not actually holding them to anything. You can't change anything about anything ... ever. No matter how much you say. Some members are considered negative because they're whining about things outside of their control over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It's like the complaining about the freaking weather on Tuesday when it's beautiful outside on Thursday. "Yeah, but it might rain again!" So? It's not raining now. The primary reason this board was founded (I know, because I founded it) was to provide a place where you could watch and analyze the game without having to read "Bench this guy!" "Fire that guy!" "crap can this coach!" "Hire that coach!" "So and so sucks!" "We always suck!" "This guy is better than our guy and we could have drafted that guy!" "The GM is a bozo!" "The coach is a bum!" "I hate my Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!"

You wanna know how it used to be here? It used to be that posters would roll with the punches. We'd get upset about the game, but we didn't wave some fairy wand around in the sky and demand that crap change or we'd just continue to bitch about it until someone else made that decision. We analyzed stuff. We pointed out where we could improve, and we pointed out high points that we could continue to build on. We joked around and we lifted each other's spirits. We made fun of other forums where there was nothing but in-fighting and complaining 24/7, because they seemed freaking miserable about life in general. All over a goddamn game.

That's why.
Thank you

I spend my time here because that whining shit is not accepted as normal

bluecoconuts

Legend

That's why.

Member when people enjoyed watching football?

member-berries.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
When they are saying he is still having issues getting plays in in the huddle and with snaps....gonna be awhile I would think.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Alarming that the offense still has no TDs.

However, the offense looked a lot better than last week. As long as we keep on improving week-to-week, I'll grumpily refrain from a full blown rant. Seattle has one of the better defenses in the NFL. Getting held to field goals against them is not unusual. We need to remember that.

On the plus side for the offense today: we were a bit less predictable (though we still need work on that front). We were also more willing to use the middle of the field and even took one or two deep shots. I liked getting Kendricks involved. And if not for the refs missing an obvious PI call on Britt in the end zone, we should have been first and goal at the 1 yard line with a fresh set of downs. You have to think Gurley punches in a TD from there, and then this "no TDs!" theme disappears. Getting Spruce and/or Cooper back (hopefully soon!) should also help a bit.

Negative from the offense today: play calling still needs lots of work. Too many dumb penalties. Keenum's limitations are painfully obvious. Goff needs to start as soon as he is ready. When that is, I have no idea. He could be ready now and Fisher is being stubborn. Who knows. The bottom line is this - with some luck, Keenum might be enough for us to sneak into the playoffs. He'll never be enough to win a Super Bowl with.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno, I think that Goff has more talent and a better arm than Keenum, but Keenum isn't so inept that he can't throw deep. His velocity was measured the same as Wilson at 55 MPH (Goff has a ball velocity of 60 MPH).. Goff's release time is .37, which is pretty fast (Brady is .39) but I don't think Keenum has a release time that much slower... So it's not like there's such a difference in physical ability that they can't throw the ball deeper... I think it's more about playcalling than anything.

Although it could be that they feel Goff would have better footwork and pocket presence to buy extra time.. Who knows.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the combine velocity times. They're not a reliable indicator of arm strength. Wilson throws with a lot more zip. If you watched Case's passes today, passes down the field tended to float.

But I'd say the difference lies more in aggressiveness and ball placement than arm strength.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And it's going to be me.

I understand we won today. It was the Seahawks so it shouldn't surprise any of us.

Case Keenum man. He HAS to be sat next week, right?

The Bucs don't have a very good defense but their offense can score point. That's something we have been unable to do thus far. We are averaging 4.5 point per game. We have to change something.

Let me introduce to you, the first overall pick of the 2016 NFL draft, JARED GOFF!

Now is the time. Put the kid in and let him sling it.
Anyone who thinks someone not named Case Keenum will be the Rams starting QB will be disappointed. Keenum made accurate throws most of the game today and executed when he had the opportunity to do so. Goff might be slightly more ready to start than week one but he does not give this team the best chance to win, not yet. The team that played today has a chance to build on what they did today and get a win in TB next Sunday with Keenum running the O.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's why.

It's really hard not to become a jaded cynic after all these years. Even the most optimistic fans run out of gas at some point, unfortunately. :(

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
This offense is coordinated by a coaching staff that bangs rocks together to design and call plays.

1-1 though...

Looking forward to playing the seahawks next week.

Lmfao bangs rocks together to design and call plays.... fucking classic. Thanks for the laugh, that made me crack up good.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's really hard not to become a jaded cynic after all these years. Even the most optimistic fans run out of gas at some point, unfortunately. :(
Sure, of course. And I totally understand that.
But what isn't necessary is people making it their life's mission to ensure *everyone else* is acutely aware of it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sure, of course. And I totally understand that.
But what isn't necessary is people making it their life's mission to ensure *everyone else* is acutely aware of it.

It's the internet, if you're not constantly reminding everyone that you're smarter than they are then what are you doing?

Have I mentioned that I'm an astrophysicist who's 3 quarters shy of a PhD? So trust me when I talk about ball velocity or something.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's the internet, if you're not constantly reminding everyone that you're smarter than they are then what are you doing?

Have I mentioned that I'm an astrophysicist who's 3 quarters shy of a PhD? So trust me when I talk about ball velocity or something.

No PhD? Can't take your word for it until you get those 3 quarters in, almost doctor. ;)

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It's like the complaining about the freaking weather on Tuesday when it's beautiful outside on Thursday. "Yeah, but it might rain again!" So? It's not raining now. The primary reason this board was founded (I know, because I founded it) was to provide a place where you could watch and analyze the game without having to read "Bench this guy!" "Fire that guy!" "crap can this coach!" "Hire that coach!" "So and so sucks!" "We always suck!" "This guy is better than our guy and we could have drafted that guy!" "The GM is a bozo!" "The coach is a bum!" "I hate my Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!"
That's why.

New-Founding-Fathers-Logo.png

___
a8a.gif

____
tumblr_nxo1y67TGA1qfy8apo1_400.gif

KDS73

Rookie
When they are saying he is still having issues getting plays in in the huddle and with snaps....gonna be awhile I would think.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Waaay too negative there bub. We're gonna need you to put a more positive spin on this.

bluecoconuts

Legend
No PhD? Can't take your word for it until you get those 3 quarters in, almost doctor. ;)

I get to do my last year at JPL to finish my research so it's pretty cool, especially since I'm getting paid for it. Afterwards I have no idea where I'll go.. UCLA said they may keep me as a researcher, I may try to go to Cal Tech, or maybe even Santa Barbara (great physics program up there)... Maybe Hawaii... I don't think I want to stay at JPL though, since my research is all about beyond our solar system, but we'll see how it all shakes out.

Either way, I'm just excited to humblebrag around my girlfriend's family who shit talked me when we first started dating.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.