Negative Nanny thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get to do my last year at JPL to finish my research so it's pretty cool, especially since I'm getting paid for it. Afterwards I have no idea where I'll go.. UCLA said they may keep me as a researcher, I may try to go to Cal Tech, or maybe even Santa Barbara (great physics program up there)... Maybe Hawaii... I don't think I want to stay at JPL though, since my research is all about beyond our solar system, but we'll see how it all shakes out.

Either way, I'm just excited to humblebrag around my girlfriend's family who crap talked me when we first started dating.:D

Congrats, my friend, that sounds amazing!

WestCoastRam

Legend
Because you're not actually holding them to anything. You can't change anything about anything ... ever. No matter how much you say. Some members are considered negative because they're whining about things outside of their control over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It's like the complaining about the freaking weather on Tuesday when it's beautiful outside on Thursday. "Yeah, but it might rain again!" So? It's not raining now. The primary reason this board was founded (I know, because I founded it) was to provide a place where you could watch and analyze the game without having to read "Bench this guy!" "Fire that guy!" "crap can this coach!" "Hire that coach!" "So and so sucks!" "We always suck!" "This guy is better than our guy and we could have drafted that guy!" "The GM is a bozo!" "The coach is a bum!" "I hate my Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!"

You wanna know how it used to be here? It used to be that posters would roll with the punches. We'd get upset about the game, but we didn't wave some fairy wand around in the sky and demand that crap change or we'd just continue to bitch about it until someone else made that decision. We analyzed stuff. We pointed out where we could improve, and we pointed out high points that we could continue to build on. We joked around and we lifted each other's spirits. We made fun of other forums where there was nothing but in-fighting and complaining 24/7, because they seemed freaking miserable about life in general. All over a goddamn game.

That's why.

Ugh. Just Ugh. -X- used to post great material on this board. I don't know what happened, maybe he's just not preparing as much. But somebody needs to tell him message boarding has left him behind. He needs to hang up the keyboard.

fearsomefour

Legend
I get to do my last year at JPL to finish my research so it's pretty cool, especially since I'm getting paid for it. Afterwards I have no idea where I'll go.. UCLA said they may keep me as a researcher, I may try to go to Cal Tech, or maybe even Santa Barbara (great physics program up there)... Maybe Hawaii... I don't think I want to stay at JPL though, since my research is all about beyond our solar system, but we'll see how it all shakes out.

Either way, I'm just excited to humblebrag around my girlfriend's family who crap talked me when we first started dating.:D
Sweet options.
JPL still run by satanists?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ugh. Just Ugh. -X- used to post great material on this board. I don't know what happened, maybe he's just not preparing as much. But somebody needs to tell him message boarding has left him behind. He needs to hang up the keyboard.
I'm in a contract year, so I'm just trying not to get injured.

#ClampSeason

FRO

Legend
Goff definitely should start. Keenum showed he is a quality backup QB. He just isn't a starter. I don't see how starting him benefits the team short term or long term.

The team is averaging 4.5 points a game. There's going to come a time when the Rams aren't playing Blaine Gabbert or a QB with a high ankle sprain. The defense can't win you every game.

fearsomefour

Legend
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Waaay too negative there bub. We're gonna need you to put a more positive spin on this.
Ok....
Whenever the time arrives that Goff does start, because of the time invested learning, he will be in an optimum position to succeed.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That's why.

And that's why I have been going after all you Nancy's all week!

Thanks El Duderino

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Trolling parents is far more satisfying. Tell them you're not a garbage man, you're a refuse engineer and in line for promotion to shift manager.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Eh. I wasn't impressed with the running game at all. Isn't that his primary responsibility? And his play-calling was frustrating.
Much improved over last week.I wasn't impressed with the running game either.I wasn't impressed with
the execution.Gurly ran with little passion today,indecisive,even timid at times.Can't put that on Boras .
Pass game had much more attack and creativity.Keenum was given some good looks ,opportunities.
He just doesnt have the ability to take advantage of all of them.He had plenty of time to throw the ball
just wished that time would have been given to someone else.cough cough 16 cough.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get to do my last year at JPL to finish my research so it's pretty cool, especially since I'm getting paid for it. Afterwards I have no idea where I'll go..

I remember visiting LA and accidentally driving into the JPL access road and seeing the security guards there. I was really lost trying to get to Art Center in Anaheim. Anyway I was embarrassed as I explained I was an idiot and turned around and got out of there. Anyway, mad props on the almost Ph.D.!

bluecoconuts

Legend
I remember visiting LA and accidentally driving into the JPL access road and seeing the security guards there. I was really lost trying to get to Art Center in Anaheim. Anyway I was embarrassed as I explained I was an idiot and turned around and got out of there. Anyway, mad props on the almost Ph.D.!

Jesus you were lost, you weren't even close, that's like 50 miles away. :ROFLMAO:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley really made a splash after Week 4 last year. He slowly faded as the year went on. First 2 games this year he has started SLOW. Everyone was anointing him the best RB in the NFL already. Maybe everyone jumped the gun a bit? I still think AP is the class of the NFL . I really like him but I think he took some teams by surprise last year and now that surprise element is gone. We shall see how it goes from here especially seeing how 1-dimensional the Rams are on O.
AP hasn't looked good at all this year and now he's injured.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really meant to be a negative comment but I noticed that we didnt target Tyler Higbee at all this game. Thoguh Lance did a good job. Did they lose confidence in him?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Much improved over last week.I wasn't impressed with the running game either.I wasn't impressed with
the execution.Gurly ran with little passion today,indecisive,even timid at times.Can't put that on Boras .
Pass game had much more attack and creativity.Keenum was given some good looks ,opportunities.
He just doesnt have the ability to take advantage of all of them.He had plenty of time to throw the ball
just wished that time would have been given to someone else.cough cough 16 cough.

I saw plenty of passion out of Gurley today. I also saw plenty of Gurley getting mobbed at the LOS or hit in the back-field. I also saw Boras running into the strength of the defense repeatedly when it was clear it was going nowhere and not using nearly enough misdirection. And the few times Gurley had got rolling a bit, Boras immediately went to the play-action passing game. Which I would be fine with if we had a better passing attack. But we don't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really meant to be a negative comment but I noticed that we didnt target Tyler Higbee at all this game. Thoguh Lance did a good job. Did they lose confidence in him?

I noticed the same thing. He's a rookie. Seemed like he was in his own head too much last week. I think it's smart to let him get settled a bit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guess we were watching different games.

Guess we were. I saw Gurley flatten Richard Sherman, put himself at risk by diving over a pile to get a first down, and repeatedly grind out yardage despite being mobbed at the LOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.