Negative Nanny thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Ok, lets get the negatives out of the way:
  1. I can't wait for our ground game to get going, I want to see Gurley reel off the yards like we know he can, I didn't see the whole game - poor connection / stream last night of all nights, but it seemed that Gurley was running into heavy traffic a lot, do opposing D's know our run game plan or what?!
  2. I'm also fed up of being in the red zone and not converting to a TD - (2nd Quarter)
  3. Our CB play was still poor
  4. I need to find a more reliable stream!!

But, on the positive side,
  1. Keenum was ok, I think both D's were tough out there - the team stats are almost identical, I don't think wilson was THAT much better than Keenum (from what I saw) and I though Our WRs and Kendricks played very well - some nice catches - it would be lovely to get a 40-50YD bomb in once in a while, I'm sure Britt & Austin could rock that sorta action :)
  2. Our Defence woke up, still a couple of mindless penalties which I'd like to eradicate, but we were below 100 penalised yards - which is a step in the right direction.
  3. It's only going to take someone to drop off the pressure on defending Gurley and he's gone for an 80yd TD - you just know it's around the corner :)
  4. Cooper, Spruce and Gaines might be back for next week.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Because you're not actually holding them to anything. You can't change anything about anything ... ever. No matter how much you say. Some members are considered negative because they're whining about things outside of their control over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It's like the complaining about the freaking weather on Tuesday when it's beautiful outside on Thursday. "Yeah, but it might rain again!" So? It's not raining now. The primary reason this board was founded (I know, because I founded it) was to provide a place where you could watch and analyze the game without having to read "Bench this guy!" "Fire that guy!" "crap can this coach!" "Hire that coach!" "So and so sucks!" "We always suck!" "This guy is better than our guy and we could have drafted that guy!" "The GM is a bozo!" "The coach is a bum!" "I hate my Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife!"

You wanna know how it used to be here? It used to be that posters would roll with the punches. We'd get upset about the game, but we didn't wave some fairy wand around in the sky and demand that crap change or we'd just continue to bitch about it until someone else made that decision. We analyzed stuff. We pointed out where we could improve, and we pointed out high points that we could continue to build on. We joked around and we lifted each other's spirits. We made fun of other forums where there was nothing but in-fighting and complaining 24/7, because they seemed freaking miserable about life in general. All over a goddamn game.

That's why.
:yay:mad:-X- that sir, is a top banana posting :yay:

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Guess we were. I saw Gurley flatten Richard Sherman, put himself at risk by diving over a pile to get a first down, and repeatedly grind out yardage despite being mobbed at the LOS.
Yea,There's nothing wrong with Gurly.Watch the video.If you can't read this than you got your eyes shut.
there is something wrong with him and I saw it in the way he was running.He was not himself,

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yea,There's nothing wrong with Gurly.Watch the video.If you can't read this than you got your eyes shut.
there is something wrong with him and I saw it in the way he was running.He was not himself,
Seems pretty pissed off there. Probably not happy with the amount of touches.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Seems pretty pissed off there. Probably not happy with the amount of touches.
Maybe.but when he ran the ball Sunday something just seemed off at times.Aside from not having a lot of room to run.Just didnt seem like his old self.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe.but when he ran the ball Sunday something just seemed off at times.Aside from not having a lot of room to run.Just didnt seem like his old self.
Probably getting frustrated.
Theyll have to rein that in.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Probably getting frustrated.
Theyll have to rein that in.

True -X-... and his own expectations to contribute big plays and TD's for the team probably have him beyond flustered. Surely he expected a big year right out of the gate and has been humbled a bit.

You can tell by watching his post-game interview he's not the Gurley we're used to hearing. He SOUNDS GRUMPY
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Todd_Gurley_Postgame_Press_Conference_918/cbbf0e87-3ed4-47bc-a57f-5b4ee881dd96

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now we are back to guessing whether Goff will be inactive or Mannion will be inactive. My guess is Fisher goes back to Mannion for the back up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Now we are back to guessing whether Goff will be inactive or Mannion will be inactive. My guess is Fisher goes back to Mannion for the back up.
I don't think so. He intimated that bumping Goff up to the #2 was part of the process of preparing him to start.
Wouldn't make any sense to go backwards now.

rfa77

UDFA
This is but mere speculation but food for thought. There was one running play it appeared that Gurley had open field if he would have cut left. Instead, he ran straight into the left side of his line, where it looked like the Seahawks had stacked up. From what I could see, nobody was on that left side, no CB, no LB, nobody. If somebody was over there, it was out of the camera's view.

Here's what I'm speculating. I've heard over the years that certain coaches tell the runner to stick with the play. Period. As if they need to reign in those players who they believe may be a loose cannon and risk blowing up a play worse if they use their instinct. I believe Gurley has vision and instinct. And, I believe the coaches are telling him to stick to the play called thinking that somehow they're going to fool the defense. The only one's getting fooled, year in and year out, are the coaches of the Rams offense. We see this every year. "Power" football. Smash mouth. As much as I don't like Belichek, he's an offensive genius. The Gen. Patton of football. He gets it. Fisher doesn't.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So yeah.... Vent Threads... and I'm calling this a Vent Thread... Get locked after 24 hours.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.