MMQB: The Truth About Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bottom line is that it is WAY too early to judge Goff with a few games played under that abysmal excuse for an offense and now two games in as the official starter. Let's see how he progresses.
A year ago....while at camp....between sips of tequila....I noticed Goff staring down receivers on similar plays as that final offensive set.....4 wrs...all running 4-5 yard outs...and he'd stare at his main target...It was some 4 min drill or something...I got so sick of seeing it....and the play not working, I yelled something...on my way outta camp I asked some guys there does he always look like that, and why wasn't the STAFF saying something about this terrible habit? It seemed strange....NFL...guys doing HS type stuff....NOW a year later he loses a game doing the same shit...and you wanna talk about progress? Brady Rodgers.....LOLOLOLOL....you think I exect Goff to be Brady or Rodgers huh? How about....hell, I'd take Deiter Brock...Jeff Rutledge....just no turnover....Progress....a very simple thing...he still does it out of what habit? Where'd he play again? Listen to Teddy Bruschi on NFL LIve....espn show....guys sharp...some one (on the Rams...in a QB camp...somewhere) has told him to STOP doing that....he refuses
to stop telegraphing passes....can't stop......but he's gonna progress cause NOW everyone sees it?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm gonna say this slowly

If you listened to me, you might learn something.....
lol I've listened to you for a long time now. It's the most entertaining exercise in moving the goal post, ignoring or twisting reality and choosing what is relevant and what is not. I am always highly entertained posting with you here. I know you're consistent because I see your comments over at tst as well. As I've said before don't ever change man!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ignoring or twisting reality and choosing what is relevant and what is not.

Relevancy is the outcome....will certain players contribute to winning or losing....see, this, my responses...are the result of constantly losing, and fans such as yourself...acceptance to the losing. You've become part of the losing culture, resistant to change, and accepting of....underachievers....yeah, I got it too...a lil....so I give wrs a pass for drops....linemen a pass for penalties...same with defenders....even QB's.....that don't TURNOVER THE BALL.....that's almost every offensive player...as long as you're not a TO machine....I'm good...coach'em up....

If my opinions were so different, my reality so twisted....why are there so many pundits also just not sure about our QB? Don't see one out there questioning Wentz....and if I say ONE thing, I get in 9 page threads....cause I see what other "experts" see.....not just Teddy.....Polian....

And I'm hoping he throws for 400 yards....praying....begging....hell, 175 no turnovers....see, I gotta settle...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And dude slowly sails into CN Namor territory...
I kinda play with Ole School...

don't know CN Namor....I did read some of his posts on that page....kinda funny...kinda serious...I'm just hacking on oleschool cause one guy back his opin....he's always pumping them up...

I have no problem finger....I know what I saw....I know what I still see...a bunch of posters have written on it as well....and guess what...I know young QB's stare down targets...sometimes...damn...this guy does it a bunch....

you have something to add....really....say it, don't label me....or call me someone else...from a st. louis paper...

dudes and labels....

remember super predators??? got a lot of people fucked up

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Relevancy is the outcome....will certain players contribute to winning or losing....see, this, my responses...are the result of constantly losing, and fans such as yourself...acceptance to the losing. You've become part of the losing culture, resistant to change, and accepting of....underachievers....yeah, I got it too...a lil....so I give wrs a pass for drops....linemen a pass for penalties...same with defenders....even QB's.....that don't TURNOVER THE BALL.....that's almost every offensive player...as long as you're not a TO machine....I'm good...coach'em up....

If my opinions were so different, my reality so twisted....why are there so many pundits also just not sure about our QB? Don't see one out there questioning Wentz....and if I say ONE thing, I get in 9 page threads....cause I see what other "experts" see.....not just Teddy.....Polian....

And I'm hoping he throws for 400 yards....praying....begging....hell, 175 no turnovers....see, I gotta settle...
The problem lies in you saying Goff losing year one is relevant but every other QB that lost a lot their rookie years isn't relevant.

Goff rebounding to start year two isn't relevant but every other QB who rebounded is relevant.

GRob wasn't horrible in Detroit so his time here wasn't as bad as it appeared. While Whitworth who made one penalty and gave up a sack, a better day than GRob, isn't as good as everybody else thinks.

You say one player who's really fast but short is good even though he's never shown it on the field. But This do who ran as fast and is the same height isn't as good because of his height.

Like I said the goal posts move to fit the player but the standards of comparison are always uneven.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Like I said the goal posts move to fit the player but the standards of comparison are always uneven.
So....If I see a 6'3, 215 lb corner......and I say he's good
I can't see another 6'2 215 lb corner and say he's bad??

after height, weight, speed, and then strength....then you have to play....

It's not if you play good or bad...it's how you play good or bad....if you score 2 ints pick -6....are they all the same? Remember Brown? Cowboys corner....caught 2 ints in the Super Bowl? Then went to the Raiders....Sorry as hell and I would have told anyone.

Emmitt Smith....sorry to me...couldn't hold Barry's jock. Mike Irvin was tough...but HOF'er?????

I've already told a bunch of yall how I feel about Isiah Robertson.....after Earl Campbell...always looked timid to me.

Lots of yall don't like Jim Everett??? Not me....Love Everett...great deep ball...as a rookie....Vince Ferragamo...stud...

Players today....That's the Eli I know...don't care that he won 2 SB's....and so forth...Cam has talent....but that's Cam...the guy that wouldn't reach for the fumble...Zeke Elliot is a beast...when there's holes...I bet he's really the guy that won't chase the int down....Me guy. Tavon....LOL....

Guys I like....Westbrooks, Longacre....

Just cause I don't like players you like....don't make me wrong or right....you trying to say I need to wait for my opinion....same guy that said Fisher needs more time...probably was telling guys that Bulger was the shit, we don't need Kurt...my opinion don't mean shit....don't respond...if you think there's a reason it's wrong, state it...

You think you KNOW how Goff's gonna turn out...SAY it...STOP saying we don't know...YOU don't know...a lot of people have already formed opinions....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A year ago....while at camp....between sips of tequila....I noticed Goff staring down receivers on similar plays as that final offensive set.....4 wrs...all running 4-5 yard outs...and he'd stare at his main target...It was some 4 min drill or something...I got so sick of seeing it....and the play not working, I yelled something...on my way outta camp I asked some guys there does he always look like that, and why wasn't the STAFF saying something about this terrible habit? It seemed strange....NFL...guys doing HS type stuff....NOW a year later he loses a game doing the same crap...and you wanna talk about progress? Brady Rodgers.....LOLOLOLOL....you think I exect Goff to be Brady or Rodgers huh? How about....hell, I'd take Deiter Brock...Jeff Rutledge....just no turnover....Progress....a very simple thing...he still does it out of what habit? Where'd he play again? Listen to Teddy Bruschi on NFL LIve....espn show....guys sharp...some one (on the Rams...in a QB camp...somewhere) has told him to STOP doing that....he refuses
to stop telegraphing passes....can't stop......but he's gonna progress cause NOW everyone sees it?
And that is what colors everything you say about Goff. The guy has played in a total of 9 NFL games and you think you know all you need to know about him. You watch him in one practice as a rookie and see him tracking and you think from that point forward he cannot correct that.

Virtually every QB I can think of has had that said about him when he is just starting out. It is a trait that is overcome by experience and play time IN THE NFL. You can get away with it in college for the most part so most QBs do it with quite a bit of regularity. It is only when they get burned that it becomes an issue. Fortunately for them, there are very few teams with NFL starting quality DBs.

Virtually everyone who has played in the NFL speaks of the game slowing down. It's cliché but it means that your mind is processing what you see and how you react or act because you have been there and done that. For QBs that means reading formations, blitzes, making hot reads, surveying the field, calling audibles, and yes.... learning when and how to look off a defender or pump fake.

Hell - freaking Peyton Manning did it occasionally up until his retirement. I watched Marino throw pic sixes to the sideline when he did it. His first two years Troy Aikman was a turn over machine for this exact reason. If you were determining who would play, Kurt certainly would have never taken a snap in an NFL game. He not only stared down his receivers - as he himself admits - he threw to them too late. He didn't even want to play at one point because he was so slow at figuring that out. I'm trying to remember if he overcame that. Hmmmmmmm.....

And Teddy Bruschi - SHARP? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Players generally don't "refuse" to make a correction. They sometimes make mistakes. JJ often got burned by peeking in on the QB. Orlando Pace occasionally whiffed on spin moves early on. Virtually every rookie that goes on to become great has something to overcome - some bad habit to correct - some deficiency to their game to be worked on. They are not refusing to correct them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So....If I see a 6'3, 215 lb corner......and I say he's good
I can't see another 6'2 215 lb corner and say he's bad??

after height, weight, speed, and then strength....then you have to play....

It's not if you play good or bad...it's how you play good or bad....if you score 2 ints pick -6....are they all the same? Remember Brown? Cowboys corner....caught 2 ints in the Super Bowl? Then went to the Raiders....Sorry as hell and I would have told anyone.

Emmitt Smith....sorry to me...couldn't hold Barry's jock. Mike Irvin was tough...but HOF'er?????

I've already told a bunch of yall how I feel about Isiah Robertson.....after Earl Campbell...always looked timid to me.

Lots of yall don't like Jim Everett??? Not me....Love Everett...great deep ball...as a rookie....Vince Ferragamo...stud...

Players today....That's the Eli I know...don't care that he won 2 SB's....and so forth...Cam has talent....but that's Cam...the guy that wouldn't reach for the fumble...Zeke Elliot is a beast...when there's holes...I bet he's really the guy that won't chase the int down....Me guy. Tavon....LOL....

Guys I like....Westbrooks, Longacre....

Just cause I don't like players you like....don't make me wrong or right....you trying to say I need to wait for my opinion....same guy that said Fisher needs more time...probably was telling guys that Bulger was the crap, we don't need Kurt...my opinion don't mean crap....don't respond...if you think there's a reason it's wrong, state it...

You think you KNOW how Goff's gonna turn out...SAY it...STOP saying we don't know...YOU don't know...a lot of people have already formed opinions....
Excellent rant derived from part of one thing I said taken 100% out of context. Enjoy the game tonight my brother.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The guy has played in a total of 9 NFL games and you think you know all you need to know about him. You watch him in one practice as a rookie and see him tracking and you think from that point forward he cannot correct that.

we shall see...patsy secondary tonight....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Leaf and Manziel both went to prenially losing franchises in the pros...didn't help that they had substance issues as well. Winning players, lose in the pros...it happens...especially if they are in bad situations...Johnny was in Cleveland...Leaf was in San Diego....

Winning players do lose because their team lacks talent. Winning players don't lose because they self-destruct, can't hack it, and look like a steaming pile of shit. That's not a winning player. That's a loser.

P.S. Rivers and Brees both managed to turn out okay in San Diego.

John Elway.....lets leave his freshman year out....
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/stanford/1980-schedule.html
His 2nd year, 6-5....lost to UCLA & SC..of course....but, he did rise up and smack Oklahoma down....They were #4 in the nation...this isn't todays Stanford either...
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/stanford/1981-schedule.html
3rd year...offense is rolling...maybe scoring 30 a game...They played 5 or 6 ranked teams...big win v UCLA. But they were a 4-7 team....nope not winning...but schedule was tough...and that offense.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/stanford/1982-schedule.html
4th year...Elway's a senior...Still averaging 30 a game....finish 5-6....
But
BUT
They beat #14 Ohio State at Columbus....and #2 Washington....
Losing in college...yeah, out manned...But you saw the winning...as he would will an underdog team to battle much better opponents. John Elway was a winner...Winning gene...you can't describe it in words....but I tried...you CAN see it however...I'd say Winston, Cam, Watson, and Wentz have it. Obviously Brady has IT....

What I see is Elway losing. Goff played on a shit team in college too. You didn't care. Why does Elway get that excuse?

You can describe the "winning-gene" in words. In fact, you can do it in one word: Bullshit. :LOL:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
we shall see...patsy secondary tonight....
Do you even pay attention? The Whiners have the 10th ranked overall defense, 9th in passing defense, 7th in receiving yards allowed, 10th in scoring defense. Their defense isn't what makes them potential patsies..

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
P.S. Rivers and Brees both managed to turn out okay in San Diego.
Sure did help Brees get to a SB getting out of San Diego...

What I see is Elway losing. Goff played on a crap team in college too. You didn't care. Why does Elway get that excuse?
Key point:

Elway BEAT 5 ranked teams over his career with a shit team...You could tell he was special. #2 Washington.....#14 Ohio State on the road?!?

Ignore little facts if you want...You and OleSchool....geez!

Show me ONE game like that....and no....Air Force doesn't count.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Elway BEAT 5 ranked teams over his career with a crap team...You could tell he was special. #2 Washington.....#14 Ohio State on the road?!?
You mean the Elway that had twice as many INTs as TDs his rookie season? The one who averaged about a buck fifty per game and less than a 48% completion percentage? That John Elway? I suppose you are going to tell us he never stared down his receivers or looked less than HOF material in his first two years.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You mean the Elway that had twice as many INTs as TDs his rookie season?
Yeah....and he stared down a bunch of them...with his cannon arm....about 30 years ago....QB's are different now...QB coaches.....7 on 7 camps...

oh, you haven't been paying attention to what I've been saying about QB's, corners, and wr's....now have you?