MMQB: The Truth About Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah....and he stared down a bunch of them...with his cannon arm....about 30 years ago....QB's are different now...QB coaches.....7 on 7 camps...

oh, you haven't been paying attention to what I've been saying about QB's, corners, and wr's....now have you?
Also you keep saying a bad Stanford team yet they were only 2 games under .500 over 4 years. Incidentally they did win a few games vs ranked opponents but how many did he lose? Also a mediocre Stanford team is hands down much better than the Cal teams surrounding Goff.

Again enjoy the game tonight :)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Again with deciding what does and doesn't count
Oh go ahead OleSchool and use air force....so....what he do? throw for 500 yards, 6 tds?

Ohio State a lil different, no?

How about #2 Washington????

Any ranked teams on that resume? Any ranked teams in HS???

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You mean the Elway that had twice as many INTs as TDs his rookie season? The one who averaged about a buck fifty per game and less than a 48% completion percentage? That John Elway? I suppose you are going to tell us he never stared down his receivers or looked less than HOF material in his first two years.
Don't pay attention to the stats just the selective categories he wants to focus on!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Also you keep saying a bad Stanford team yet they were only 2 games under .500 over 4 years. Incidentally they did win a few games vs ranked opponents but how many did he lose? Also a mediocre Stanford team is hands down much better than the Cal teams surrounding Goff.
They were bad...below .500 is bad no?
Lost plenty...he played in the pac-10...

So....they were better....I gotcha....

Was gonna ask did Cal beat ANY ranked teams....? but of course that's not fair. Not even playing field...Moving the goal posts...you know...cheater....that's what you're implying, no? With the label?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Don't pay attention to the stats just the selective categories he wants to focus on!
That's Elway....plenty of picks...DOWNFIELD....some big wow throws too....big WINS too...low completion %%...but....there you go comparing the game of 30 years ago to todays....

OK...

Again..you also enjoy the game...

It will tell it's own tale...lets see who's looking at it correctly

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Huh. Goff looked off the defense and threw a TD. Must be a mistake.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah....and he stared down a bunch of them...with his cannon arm....about 30 years ago....QB's are different now...QB coaches.....7 on 7 camps...

oh, you haven't been paying attention to what I've been saying about QB's, corners, and wr's....now have you?
Wow. You really do know how to move goal posts. I guess staring down the receiver only counts if you are Jared Goff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were bad...below .500 is bad no?
Lost plenty...he played in the pac-10...

So....they were better....I gotcha....

Was gonna ask did Cal beat ANY ranked teams....? but of course that's not fair. Not even playing field...Moving the goal posts...you know...cheater....that's what you're implying, no? With the label?
They played 3 in his 3 years Oregon twice and Utah once and lost to all of them. That doesn't make Goff bad especially when a team coming off a 1 win season plays a top 5 team the next year and only loses on the road by 1 score. Your fixation with a QB is the only factor in a team winning in college or pro football is just baffling for somebody who's as smart as you are brother.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
11/16 137 yards 0 INTs 1 TD in the first half. Yeah - he sucks. We won't mention the dropped sure TD that couldn't have been more perfectly thrown.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
20/25 2 TDs 252yds and one of his incompletions should have been about a 35 yard TD. Fuckin' scrub.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we're seeing the truth about Jared Goff. A big damned middle finger to all the doubters and the people with the stupid names for him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But he hasn't lernt to step up instead of backing up. Just axe that great QB Cris Collingsworth. Obviously he is doomed to do that his entire career. #movingthegoalpostsbeforetheygetmovedbysomeoneelse

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is it official now?
The Rams really do have their star QB in a 22 year old with 10 NFL starts?

Take these games in and enjoy them my brothers. Dont let something make you not enjoy a win. Savor every last drop, because this looks like the beginning of a good story.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not anointing him the next great QB. But a lot of what we saw was wrong last year has been turned around. He still has room to grow but I'm so very happy with our young QB. More coaching and more work and he's going to be a great QB for the Rams for a very long time!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
57 completions on 81 attempts for 70.4%
817 yards for 10.1 yards per attempt
5 touchdowns and 1 interception
sacked 3 times

Jared has been the benefit on some great coaching bringing out his best abilities and an offense with a scheme that sets him up to succeed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Your fixation with a QB is the only factor in a team winning in college or pro football is just baffling
QB play often decides who plays in the post-season....You can win with a sub-par QB....for a few games...like a playoff run...but a season you need play like we saw LAST night...

The decider in last night games....when 2 offenses played well...happened to be turnovers...and Hoyers int, while not the only key play, put the 9ers behind from the start...provided momentum....and definitely helped lose the game. Can't have a guy throwing picks....it's more than the actual turnover..it effects the team..QB play effects the running game...effects the receivers...effects the defense....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I guess staring down the receiver only counts if you are Jared Goff.
No...It only counts when you've been told about the problem, and are unable to correct it. Like last night...seemed to make a concentrated effort to look off defenders. I wonder why?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No...It only counts when you've been told about the problem, and are unable to correct it. Like last night...seemed to make a concentrated effort to look off defenders. I wonder why?
Because he's a good young QB who's growing with good coaching. Assuming a 22 year old QB with less than a season worth of starts is a finished product is foolish.