Mcvay on the Tru penalty

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The problem is TJ has been in the league long enough to know better.
He was getting beat all day and finally makes a play and has to boast about it.
It's not like he is a dominant CB. The Rams had the same problem in the past with a handful of guys that couldn't help themselves. Just do your job and let your play speak for itself.

First, it was a lame call. No pointing. No standing over him. But that aside, Tru should have known better. However, I disagree with your opinion "he was getting beat all day .....and.... it's not like he is a dominant CB". Alshon was targeted 11 times, caught 5 for 52 yards and the TD he caught was a a freak play not even meant for him. If that's getting beat all day, I'll take it every Sunday from Tru.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly this conversation I'm having with some of you reminds me of the conversations I have with my 12 year old sons when they are acting like douchebags on the basketbal lcourt.

"He was doing it to, the officials aren't calling it against them..."

Yeah I get it... but learn how to be smart and win.

Just mind boggling really.
And when both of your kids do something wrong do you talk to or discipline just one of them? I thought so. Your argument is coming from a parent who just disciplined one of his kids when two of them did the same thing. I get it lets be mad at Tru he makes a lot of money and up to that point hadn't made a lot of plays. But to sit here and piss and moan that he ruined the game for us is just idiocy.

Ellard80

Legend
And when both of your kids do something wrong do you talk to or discipline just one of them? I thought so. Your argument is coming from a parent who just disciplined one of his kids when two of them did the same thing. I get it lets be mad at Tru he makes a lot of money and up to that point hadn't made a lot of plays. But to sit here and tick and moan that he ruined the game for us is just idiocy.

instead just piss and moan that the refs ruined the game by an avoidable play? I would discipline the both for sure by sittiing them on the bench... they and I and Tru can only control our own actions.

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First, it was a lame call. No pointing. No standing over him. But that aside, Tru should have known better. However, I disagree with your opinion "he was getting beat all day .....and.... it's not like he is a dominant CB". Alshon was targeted 11 times, caught 5 for 52 yards and the TD he caught was a a freak play not even meant for him. If that's getting beat all day, I'll take it every Sunday from Tru.
I think you forgot about the 50 yard PI on 3rd down that led to 7 points. JMO

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
So why didn't the other guy get penalized? He was running his mouth too, and when he got up he leaned into TJ's facemask with his helmet.

Dumbshit call and there is no way to defend it, the ref freaked this up.
You can't control what the other player is saying. You can't control what the Ref is going to do. As a player, you can control what you do. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be on the field. I have seen at least 3 call this year that changed the score of a game because some player couldn't control himself. It never ends well. The way it looks right now, my bet is that two players from Seattle will be sitting this week because they couldn't control themselves in Jacksonville. Now that benefits the Rams. But it did nothing for them in the Jags game. Just like Tru did nothing positive for the Rams with the call. If your going to say something, say while walking away.

Ellard80

Legend
You can't control what the other player is saying. You can't control what the Ref is going to do. As a player, you can control what you do. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be on the field. I have seen at least 3 call this year that changed the score of a game because some player couldn't control himself. It never ends well. The way it looks right now, my bet is that two players from Seattle will be sitting this week because they couldn't control themselves in Jacksonville. Now that benefits the Rams. But it did nothing for them in the Jags game. Just like Tru did nothing positive for the Rams with the call. If your going to say something, say while walking away.

Exactly its an avoidable play.. a lot of penalities happen that are hard to avoid. After the play jaw jacking penalties can be avoided 100% of the time easily.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
And when both of your kids do something wrong do you talk to or discipline just one of them? I thought so. Your argument is coming from a parent who just disciplined one of his kids when two of them did the same thing. I get it lets be mad at Tru he makes a lot of money and up to that point hadn't made a lot of plays. But to sit here and tick and moan that he ruined the game for us is just idiocy.
Tru was the one instigating, so whoever started it is the one who will get the flag. Just like anyone who starts a fight in public gets the charges.

Ellard80

Legend
Tru was the one instigating, so whoever started it is the one who will get the flag. Just like anyone who starts a fight in public gets the charges.

Yeah I just watched it again... Tru started it AFTER being warned by the officials. The official didn't have to call it or he could have offsetting penalities.. But dont put the team in a position where the official has any excuse to make the call

It's really that simple.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bunch of strange calls....didn't like the hold on our 2nd drive of the day...on a big Gurley run....but oh well...

Stupid penalty....you stopped a 3rd down play....get off the field. sheeesh!

He was getting beat all day and finally makes a play and has to boast about it.
I was thinking having problems with a slow guy....2 slow guys....and he's having hell....don't understand it...

Just not a veteran type move....rookie move...by a 5th year player.

Let your play do the talking....

fearsomefour

Legend
Exactly. People mad about the ref throwing a game changing penalty, how about if Tru talks crap but doesn’t get all in his grill? That’s what did it... he knows better and it cost us.
Especially after warnings.
Freaking dipshit.
Exactly.
Would be great to ding him half his game check.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Penalty should not have been called, but Tru should never let himself get into a position where it could be called.
Definitely not "We not Me".

Still dumbfounded by the penalty called on the field goal.:thinking:

Ellard80

Legend
Penalty should not have been called, but Tru should never let himself get into a position where it could be called.
Definitely not "We not Me".

Still dumbfounded by the penalty called on the field goal.:thinking:

yeah that fg penalty.. lol I got nothing for that one...

Psycho_X

Legend
Well, the NFL lost their MVP storyline by throwing a game changing flag there for someone saying bad words. Tru should have more composure for sure but you don't throw such a game changing penalty there for saying bad words. It caused the Eagles to not have to punt and a few plays later Wentz tears his ACL. So really, everything that is bad with the NFL can still swing back to the refs and bad penalties. :)

ausmurp

Starter
Tru did give him a little shove.
For Christ sakes, the team has been getting penalties like this for years. Got to be more disciplined.
Still and all, the excessive and inconsistency of penalties makes the game unwatchable

Fisher-stank. Have to get rid of all of these guys lol.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm in the camp that says they should have been off-setting penalties.

I'm, also in the camp that says Johnson must control his actions in those situations. Not a very McVay way to act in a big game.

I think he caught a quick case of Fisher-itis.

Ellard80

Legend
I'm in the camp that says they should have been off-setting penalties.

I'm, also in the camp that says Johnson must control his actions in those situations. Not a very McVay way to act in a big game.

I think he caught a quick case of Fisher-itis.

That play was very classic Fisher Rams.. we'd make dumb plays like those every game.. it has declined under McVay.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It almost seemed like these refs treated the Rams like these were the Fisher/Williams Rams. Like the old reputation was alive and well. Curious if this was the 1st time they had this crew this year and could be why they called the game that way. I recall a questionable roughing penalty as well.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO, the ref who threw the flag needs to grow some thicker skin. Under most circumstances, a ref will talk to the head coach about stuff like this, allowing the coach to handle it and avoid a possible penalty. Based upon his post-game comments, it seems like McVay was told after the flag was thrown. We don't pay to see the refs call the game. My dad, who officiated football for over 25 years, always said referees should be as invisible as possible during a game. He would say a referee should never be bigger than the game itself. This is so true and, given what I've seen on a weekly basis in NFL games, should be preached to the guys in stripes.

Albeit was a very emotional game throughout, Tru needs to know better, especially being a team captain. I've always been one to say let your performance speak for itself and hold your emotions in check the best you can.