Mcvay on the Tru penalty

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You can't control what the other player is saying. You can't control what the Ref is going to do. As a player, you can control what you do. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be on the field. I have seen at least 3 call this year that changed the score of a game because some player couldn't control himself. It never ends well. The way it looks right now, my bet is that two players from Seattle will be sitting this week because they couldn't control themselves in Jacksonville. Now that benefits the Rams. But it did nothing for them in the Jags game. Just like Tru did nothing positive for the Rams with the call. If your going to say something, say while walking away.

Yes players need to keep their bearing.

That said, if you think the NFL is going to suspend ANY Seahawks player... well, I'd like in a brownie whatever gets you to that conclusion...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Even getting a popcorn and soda dumped on him, the Seattle DL tried to go into the stands.

Tried to go into the stands. If he had access, we're talking violence.

I guess we are on different pages, but trying to go into the stands other than a "Lambeau Leap" is a hard. red. line. for me.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hnson-fined-9115-for-unsportsmanlike-conduct/

Trumaine Johnson fined $9,115 for unsportsmanlike conduct
Posted by Josh Alper on December 15, 2017

888022218-e1513376950233.jpg

Getty Images

Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson picked up an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the third quarter of last Sunday’s loss to the Eagles that hurt the team on the field and hurt his wallet this week.

PFT has confirmed that Johnson was fined $9,115 after being flagged for adding some verbal discouragement to Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery after breaking up a pass on third down. The Eagles used the first down to continue driving for a touchdown pass to Jeffery — the last pass Carson Wentz will throw this year as it turns out — and beat the Rams 43-35.

“It was a selfish act, especially on that crucial drive,” Johnson said this week, via the Los Angeles Times. “What I take from it: Celebrate my teammates. It’s not just all about me. If I could take it back, I’d take it back.”

Johnson later left the game with a stinger and is good to go against the Seahawks this Sunday.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hnson-fined-9115-for-unsportsmanlike-conduct/

Trumaine Johnson fined $9,115 for unsportsmanlike conduct
Posted by Josh Alper on December 15, 2017

888022218-e1513376950233.jpg

Getty Images

Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson picked up an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the third quarter of last Sunday’s loss to the Eagles that hurt the team on the field and hurt his wallet this week.

PFT has confirmed that Johnson was fined $9,115 after being flagged for adding some verbal discouragement to Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery after breaking up a pass on third down. The Eagles used the first down to continue driving for a touchdown pass to Jeffery — the last pass Carson Wentz will throw this year as it turns out — and beat the Rams 43-35.

“It was a selfish act, especially on that crucial drive,” Johnson said this week, via the Los Angeles Times. “What I take from it: Celebrate my teammates. It’s not just all about me. If I could take it back, I’d take it back.”

Johnson later left the game with a stinger and is good to go against the Seahawks this Sunday.
He must have really said something terrible

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I’m gonna be very pragmatic and open about this. And please leave this here as I expect you will due to your track record of respect.

I’m a minor league umpire in AA. I understand and comprehend your perspective as a fan because like you, I’m also a fan. I’m about as hardcore as a fan gets on game day (I yell at officials, jump up and down scaring my 1 1/2 year old son...etc). But as a professional adjudger, official myself, I take to heart the “don’t make it about you” scapegoat phrase. Now listen, I’m not making this personal towards you or anyone by any means, but I take it personal because I’ve had that phrase yelled to me in my face after ejecting a manager.... even this past season where I only had 6 ejections in 145 games. With that said, I never, ever made it about me. I never made a call thinking,”man I want the crowd to see me take control”. And I’m going to tell you now that no official “makes it about them” unless it’s a personal vendetta against an individual. Even then, it’s not about them because it’s unprofessional. It’s all about a judgment call in a split second, that is made that we as fans may not agree with. Period. But yet fans seem to think it’s about the official/umpire “making it about them”. What many folks don’t realize is the amount of sacrifice and experience one goes through to reach the highest level of officiating. Don’t you think the directors of officials (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL...) have studied the officials they hire? They know their characters, their families, their skill sets in and out. Not to mention, they are constantly evaluated.

I’m the end, hate the call, disagree, do whatever one has to do (because I do it too!) But don’t make it personal or criticize one who is trying to do their best in a highly stressful , highly focused job while being around the best in the world.

I thought I’d let you and anyone who takes the time to read this in on a little insight from the other side of the fence.

If no one else will make the joke, then I will. But totally not serious so please don't get offended.

I like how you took his complaint that the officials make the game about themselves... And made it about yourself while saying that doesn't happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think there absolutely should be a suspension. Bennett tried to injure a guy when they were taking a knee, Richardson threw a punch when the game was basically over, and Jefferson tried to go into the stands. If you don't punish them, you're condoning what they did. An ejection means nothing when the game is already over.

JRobinson

MiLB
If no one else will make the joke, then I will. But totally not serious so please don't get offended.

I like how you took his complaint that the officials make the game about themselves... And made it about yourself while saying that doesn't happen.

Truth to every sarcasm.

Irony I know. But it’s really the truth. No offense taken.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Did you see the video?

He truly tried to get into the stands and fight that fan.

Lucky for him, he's a dumbass who had no idea how to do it. But you're wrong that it was a token effort. If there had been stairs right there, we'd be seeing clips of the Pacers game and talking about guys going into the stands as a "thing" again...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tru was fined the same and penalized more than those scumbags in Seattle. This is just pathetic by the NFL.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Selfish and very costly. Make up for it this week and all will be forgotten .
Remember when the NFL was discussing fines and penalties for using the N word? I'm wondering if that's the reason Tru was penalized and fined without much protest from mcvay or wade