Keep Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If an upgrade is available in the off season, do the Rams fire Fisher?

• Keep Fisher

Votes: 35 24.5%
  • Fire Fisher

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • Fire Fisher only if there is an upgrade available.

Votes: 53 37.1%

• Total voters

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Oh don't get me wrong so did I but I sure would have hoped the Rams could have ceased the opportunities for some good seasons of wins.
Said in jest. Who wouldn't? Wish more would have panned out. Then, we took the risk on Foles, and that didn't work out, but I understood it at the time. If we all knew Bradford would have stayed relatively healthy, we'd probably be in the playoffs, and trending up.

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Umm that sound like a plan. What shall record shall we shoot for next season? 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, or 7-9 again?

Or maybe just any NFL HC would struggle persevering thru the utter mess of the Rams QB sit-chee-ation that has dogged Jeff during his tenure.

Then again, what the hell do I know?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Fisher is a perennial losing coach as shown by his record. With the amount of talent on the Rams and the constant losing records it is just another indicator that the problem is first and foremost coaching IMHO. Has Fisher helped build a talented team? Yes, so hire him as a well paid right-hand-man to Les Snead. Unless of course the majority of the picks have been by Les Snead of which I would really like to know. The Rams need a new HC. But ONLY if Greg Williams is left in charge of this defense.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I understand your point fully. I was not making anything nor excuses ....I was listing the facts. Facts/Elements that should always be considered when making very big decisions.

What grips my posterior more with Fisher, is the players we got from the RG3 trade ...
OLT Greg Robinson #1 - in fail mode
WR Stedman Bailey #3- non producer
LB Alex Ogletree #1 starter
RB Isaiah Pead #2 failed
CB Janoris Jenkins #2 departing for UFA
DT M. Brockers starter

Of the six players only 2 of the 6 will be good producers going into the 2016 season from very high draft picks. Brockers/Ogletree & Bailey will enter free agency next yr leaving us with just Greg Robinson....not much to show for after all. Time fly's by does it not.

the other thing to note though is how each of those picks may have affected other choices...for instance we take GRob with the #2 pick to shore up the OL and then take AD with our later 1st round pick...we will never know for sure but if the Rams hadn't had that #2 pick would they traded up to get OL help or taken OL with #13 and missed out on AD. That is just one example, we will never know how even the failed picks changed or affected other successful picks...

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Or maybe just any NFL HC would struggle persevering thru the utter mess of the Rams QB sit-chee-ation that has dogged Jeff during his tenure.

Then again, what the hell do I know?

The question is at what point does one go from thinking someone is unlucky with their QB situation to creating their situation? Looking at JF history he has never been QB guy, he either doesn't do great at picking them, developing them, or evaluating his QB situation. Based on 20yr history it would seem he got lucky McNair. Honestly it scares me greatly that they evaluated Foles in preseason so horribly that they extended him....

No coach get "until you find a QB" as a timeline or point of evaluation.

I would also argue that Wash has had it much rougher with the pressures of a high pick (and all they gave for) RG3. Somehow they developed a backup into a solid starter, and were smart enough to evaluate him and go with him...

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'll agree Foles was a "hasty" decision, as a Life long Pac12 fan I knew it (just like I know Osweiler is not Denvers savior)

Shoulda kept Sam but...again WTH do I know?

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly it scares me greatly that they evaluated Foles in preseason so horribly that they extended him....

Scary isn't it. All the rod camp bodies noted his deficiencies daily yet the Rams extended him.

Baffling.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Because in the end all that matters is WINS and LOSSES.
Mkay... I keep seeing the skins brought up. We have more wins and less losses than they did over the last 4 years. Is that really all that matters?

ramsfan99

UDFA
Name
Chris
While Fisher has done a good job on the defensive side of the ball.We can't just keep treading water with him its time to cut bait and recast.
Yes he has improved the defense.
But the offense has been neglected. No good QB, receiver, or offensive line.
Get a few decent linemen and a receiver who can actually hold onto the ball.
Release the receivers except for Tavon.
The reality is Stan is not going to fire Fisher because of LA but if the league vetoes the move to LA I believe 2016 his last year on contract will be it for Fish.
We can only hope!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yesterday was a prime example why Fishers way doesn't cut it . Pitiful game management
Well except for the fact that if Kendrick doesn't whiff on his block for the field goal they win in OT or that if GZ makes that field goal in regulation they win. And the whole Gurley, Quin, Ogletree, McDonald, and Brown not playing thing.

ramsfan99

UDFA
Name
Chris
It's amazing the amount of assumptions made about Silent Stan. He sure spends all the salary cap for a guy who supposedly doesn't care about the team.
Just have one thing to say.
When Fisher enters his 5th losing season only 2 other coaches in league history have done the same.
Your in great company Fish!!
Also 4 losing seasons at $7m a clip lets see thats $28 going on $35 million a year for losing!!!
Does the guy have some dirt on Stan?
Makes you wonder.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
15-65!!! 15-65 Say it with me 15-65

I think some of us must have forgotten the degree of suckiness this franchise had achieved before Fisher and crew got here.

This team was not even qualified to be the laughing stock of the NFL teams didn't even game plan for them and most got a half a game off for a lot of their starters.

15-65!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also 4 losing seasons at $7m a clip lets see thats $28 going on $35 million a year for losing!!!

Your math there doesn't quite work out. I'm not saying I like Fisher or want him back. In fact I've said the opposite in most of the many many many threads there are about Fisher. But like @blackbart says above me this team was horrible before Fisher and Snead came on board. Have they taken us to the playoffs? No but anybody who says this team isn't better than the team he inherited either didn't watch those Rams or is disingenuous. Perhaps Kroenke gave them a 5 year term to turn it around and he's actually allowing them the time they agreed on. We don't know as none of the people involved are discussing it.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Mkay... I keep seeing the skins brought up. We have more wins and less losses than they did over the last 4 years. Is that really all that matters?
4 seasons of mediocrity for us. 2 playoff appearances for them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
NFCE for them NFCW for us
Pretty much. And their regular season record doesn't get them into the playoffs either year if playing in our division. And we only lost to them once in that time span including a 24-0 trouncing last year.