Keep Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If an upgrade is available in the off season, do the Rams fire Fisher?

• Keep Fisher

Votes: 35 24.5%
  • Fire Fisher

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • Fire Fisher only if there is an upgrade available.

Votes: 53 37.1%

• Total voters

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Here's an example of me posting a negative comment yesterday:

If i had posted this instead....which is EXACTLY the crap i'm talking about....

See, I don't wanna read that on a Rams board. I can get that from a Seahawks board or a Cardinals board or a crappy Rams board.

+++1,000,000,000
Beautiful post; critical yet defining the criticism and frames the difference between boards and posters.

FrankenRam

Starter
For me the fun is in discussing football. Sometimes things aren't positive. For me, I don't get the push to be "positive" as if you can't support your team fully and still want to talk about coaching changes and roster moves. I liken this place to sitting in a bar, or leaning on your neighbors fence. A neighbor isn't going to hold his opinion back to order to keep to my version of "supportive". I know my neighbor is a Rams fan even if he doesn't like the QB. I don't see his opinion as doom and gloom, but as his real thoughts on the state of the team. A friend at the bar isn't going to say "oh well, what are you going to do?", he's going to say "Paul, we need a new @#+?$@# coach." Anyway, that's JMO.

You are absolutely correct to the extent that discussing both positives & negatives is fair game. I've certainly called things into question on a number of occasions. But there are some people who just never have anything good to say and even when the teams wins they find things to complain about. It's one thing for some of that to occur, but when it's day in and day out and they continually state their opinion as if it's a given fact, it gets old.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yesterday was a prime example why Fishers way doesn't cut it . Pitiful game management

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I am still in the keep Fisher camp.

(1) Terrible offseason to search for a coach. (2) The players love him. (3) They haven't quit on him.

My only squabble is the offense. And... I believe that is fixable.
Exactly how I feel..

Athos

Legend
Adam Gase, Hue Jackson have proved themselves too in their roles and should be considered a step above flat-lining Fisher. Other candidates? mehhh.

Those are the two. Pair them with a solid D-Coordinator. Draft a QB. Right the effing ship and get us a winning season.

But I'm resigned to the fact Kroenke wants to keep his Drone around for w/e BS he's still trying to peddle. In which case...

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
And some fantasize that they could dump that cheerleader and land the hot, smart girl not realizing he'd end up with her chubby friend.

But that cheerleader only had 6 good years of cheering, out of 21 years. She's dump-able no matter who you get next.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If i have to read the constant barrage of grass is greener/one-liner/mob mentality here then you'll just have to put up with my crap too. I love passion in fans, but i also prefer logic and solution-based content.

I'm happy to read your football opinions. Wishing I lose a football team because somehow the fan base needs thinning despite it not being our fault is neither logic based or solution based. It's inflammatory, doing nothing but angering St Louis residents. I can't imagine a LA resident 20 years ago feeling different or thinking the fans caused that mess.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But that cheerleader only had 6 good years of cheering, out of 21 years. She's dump-able no matter who you get next.
And our team has had 4 winning seasons in the last 25 through 8 coaching changes. So I don't agree it's a given that whatever is next is better.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
You are absolutely correct to the extent that discussing both positives & negatives is fair game. I've certainly called things into question on a number of occasions. But there are some people who just never have anything good to say and even when the teams wins they find things to complain about. It's one thing for some of that to occur, but when it's day in and day out and they continually state their opinion as if it's a given fact, it gets old.

I understand. People stating their opinions as fact is annoying regardless of whether or not their opinions are positive and negative. All I'm saying is that after this 4th year, I wouldn't expect a lot of positive opinions or there not to be multiple threads about replacing the coach.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
And our team has had 4 winning seasons in the last 25 through 8 coaching changes. So I don't agree it's a given that whatever is next is better.

But the cheerleader's cousin's friend's mother has ruined 3 cell phones, dropping them in toilets. Also the cheerleader has 3 sisters who have different hair color than her uncle. And if you dumped her she may very well work even harder, for minimum wage.... So there's that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not a good reason to stick with mediocrity. I see this same justification used for sticking with Keenum. I'd rather swing and miss than go down looking.

We could end up with a worse coach...but we could also end up with a better coach. And based on my belief that Fisher is an average coach, I think our odds are 50/50 on that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But the cheerleader's cousin's friend's mother has ruined 3 cell phones, dropping them in toilets. Also the cheerleader has 3 sisters who have different hair color than her uncle. And if you dumped her she may very well work even harder, for minimum wage.... So there's that.
But what if she looks like this:
upload_2016-1-4_16-6-23.png

or this:
upload_2016-1-4_16-6-56.png

But coaches like this:
upload_2016-1-4_16-8-26.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not a good reason to stick with mediocrity. I see this same justification used for sticking with Keenum. I'd rather swing and miss than go down looking.

We could end up with a worse coach...but we could also end up with a better coach. And based on my belief that Fisher is an average coach, I think our odds are 50/50 on that.
Agreed. Not a good reason to stay the course but also a bit of reality that we could be doing worse. A LOT worse.

I hate our offense. I'll give you that. Fish has another year on his contract and if we are not seeing big improvement on that side of the ball no matter what happens, I can't see a reason to continue with him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. Not a good reason to stay the course but also a bit of reality that we could be doing worse. A LOT worse.

I hate our offense. I'll give you that. Fish has another year on his contract and if we are not seeing big improvement on that side of the ball no matter what happens, I can't see a reason to continue with him.

Yea, that's where we differ. I recognize the risk and I recognize the possibility that we make the playoffs with him as HC next year. But we have an opportunity to find our QB of the future this year. And I don't feel much confidence that Fisher is the guy to find him and develop him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I've been watching Black Monday all day, and what jumps to me is the dysfunction in a lot of these teams. I don't see that, with the Rams. If we fire Fisher. then we probably fire Snead, and Greg Williams. If we change any of these pieces. then we may have dysfunction. I'd rather have a team together moving forward, even if slowly, than have a team moving sideways, or backwards.

Yes, an argument can be made that we are not getting better, but I don't agree. Our personnel is a TON better, than it has been in a long time. Our offense, can get better. It will be better, but we can't do that, without the right pieces in place. We are not many pieces away.

I'll give Fisher this, and I am thankful for it, whether he remains the coach long term, or not, he has never made a move that was detrimental to this team's future. Too many coaches on the hot seat, have mortgaged their teams future's for their own temporary success.

FrankenRam

Starter
I understand. People stating their opinions as fact is annoying regardless of whether or not their opinions are positive and negative. All I'm saying is that after this 4th year, I wouldn't expect a lot of positive opinions or there not to be multiple threads about replacing the coach.

And just to be fair, I would find it equally obnoxious if the discussion were all Pollyanna-life-is-a-bowl-of-cherries-It's-A-Wonderful-Life good right now. It ain't. We just happen to be at the polar opposite end of the spectrum from that right now.

Lesson

Oh, really?

To be fair to Fisher, he did seek to address QB the past offseason with the trade for Foles and signing him to a 2 year extension. And he missed on him.

Aside from that, I agree with you re: QB. Keenum is a great backup who could manage the offense for a few games if an injury happened to the starter. But I don't think he's the guy you want to be starting all 16 games for you in a season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've been watching Black Monday all day, and what jumps to me is the dysfunction in a lot of these teams. I don't see that, with the Rams. If we fire Fisher. then we probably fire Snead, and Greg Williams. If we change any of these pieces. then we may have dysfunction. I'd rather have a team together moving forward, even if slowly, than have a team moving sideways, or backwards.

Yes, an argument can be made that we are not getting better, but I don't agree. Our personnel is a TON better, than it has been in a long time. Our offense, can get better. It will be better, but we can't do that, without the right pieces in place. We are not many pieces away.

I'll give Fisher this, and I am thankful for it, whether he remains the coach long term, or not, he has never made a move that was detrimental to this team's future. Too many coaches on the hot seat, have mortgaged their teams future's for their own temporary success.

Love this post my Bruddah !