Keep Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If an upgrade is available in the off season, do the Rams fire Fisher?

• Keep Fisher

Votes: 35 24.5%
  • Fire Fisher

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • Fire Fisher only if there is an upgrade available.

Votes: 53 37.1%

• Total voters

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll double the credit but saying they were smart designed an O to make Cousins successful.
In his fourth year.

Maybe Fisher should have drafted insurance. What WA did was unprecedented at the time if you recall.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
yes we beat them 24-0 but that was in the first year of a coaching change with a roaster that hadn't been improved by a first round draft pick in three years. in the 2nd year of that coaching change they beat us maybe that should tell us something
Only time will tell on the skins. I'm not willing to give them that much credit because they won the NFC East with the worst cowgirl team in decades, an Iggles team that was a mess, and the Giants who despite having a multiple SB winning coach and QB AND better receivers were plain awful this year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We did one better in drafting a QB in the 3rd last year while taking a shot at Foles. Cousins was drafted in the 4th and finally is paying dividends THIS year.

one season too late.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The question is at what point does one go from thinking someone is unlucky with their QB situation to creating their situation? Looking at JF history he has never been QB guy, he either doesn't do great at picking them, developing them, or evaluating his QB situation. Based on 20yr history it would seem he got lucky McNair. Honestly it scares me greatly that they evaluated Foles in preseason so horribly that they extended him....

No coach get "until you find a QB" as a timeline or point of evaluation.

I would also argue that Wash has had it much rougher with the pressures of a high pick (and all they gave for) RG3. Somehow they developed a backup into a solid starter, and were smart enough to evaluate him and go with him...

I would have to argue this a bit. He had McNair for 11 years, who he picked. . He chose Collins, who played above average for 4 years. Vince Young was forced on him by the owner - 2 years, (who he won with). And had Bradford for 3 years - sort of. He was instrumental in choosing Foles - he missed. Doesn't equate as a 20 year fail in evaluating QB talent.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would have to argue this a bit. He had McNair for 11 years, who he picked. . He chose Collins, who played above average for 4 years. Vince Young was forced on him by the owner - 2 years, (who he won with). And had Bradford for 3 years - sort of. He was instrumental in choosing Foles - he missed. Doesn't equate as a 20 year fail in evaluating QB talent.
Yeah but that doesn't fit the argument that Fisher WANTS a plodding, low output, conservative, safety above all offense and doesn't care about the passing game.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yeah but that doesn't fit the argument that Fisher WANTS a plodding, low output, conservative, safety above all offense and doesn't care about the passing game.

Shit! (Slaps forehead). You're right.

MountainRam

Rookie
So Cousins with far worse numbers starting out in WA's system than Keenum had for us is their QBOF but it is not possible we have ours? The fans wanted Cousins run out on a rail in DC. The coaching staff ignored them and clearly knew better. That is why I don't put a lot of cred in fans screaming for a coaches head, or to draft so and so, or that this QB has no chance. More often than not, they are wrong and the coaches actually DID have a better feel for it.

RGKnee was a given - or at least better have been. They put their eggs in that basket and it bit them for the next two years while they rebuilt some positions and lucked into a little 4th round QB that might MIGHT be their QBOF.

Whatever credit you give the Redskins for QB play, it was not even close to being by design.

Any response from me will be adding fire to fuel or the other way!

How about I end this conversation on a happy note?

Fact: None of the Redskins 9 wins in 2015 were against a playoff team.

WvuIN02

Starter
Tom Coughlin knows how to win Super Bowls with a Dline like this one. Also understands the importance of offense-- just sayin'.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'd say the evidence based on draft selections, types of FAs, OC hires, and in-game decisions/playcalling strongly suggest that the offense is basically what he wants. He may want it to be more successful, but assembling an all rookie/career backup line pretty much guaranteed that the season would be a struggle. Keeping on keeping on starting Britt, Cook, and Co after a few years of evidence they are mostly depth players had a hand in this as well.

I have to admit the talk of Washington, former Titan QBs used as evidence of Fisher's coaching talent, and so on strikes me as completely irrelevant. Washington didn't draft bupkis for years because we fleeced them and they won the division. Yeah they played in a weaker division. So what, they didn't have many draft picks. It's a wash to me. Steve McNair was a QB from long ago in a game that's played differently from today on a team that's not ours. I don't see how that applies to Fisher today. We should be arguing the merits of his tenure as a Ram coach. 4 years, 4 losers. I'm trying to see all points of view, but I admit to complete confusion as to why anyone would want to stay this course. God knows I don't know any more than anyone else here about football, but this confuses me.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Drafted McNair with the #3 pick, gives only a few starts his first 2 years, and doesn't become permanent starter until his 3rd year - and it is reasonable to say he didn't really show he was more than average until about 98...that is a long development cycle

It wasn't Collins then Young, it was an overlapping period of 4 years...

They drafted Young to replace McNair - and while many say it was forced on him it was obvious they were looking to get someone in the same mold as MCNair. Collins was Youngs back-up, and in his time with Ten he wasn't even average - he started 25 games in 4 years...and his stats are below average, he only started because Young was a turnover machine.

we can say McNair was a success - but he took his sweet time, but failed with Young. And never drafted a young back-up for McNair until Young (At least one that wasn't lower than 6th round)

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Well he (the fish) survived Black Monday so he will be back next year so lets hope we don't see a repeat of an injured Long, Tree, Quinn, & Half of the O-Line and let's look forward to Gurley playing the whole season. Something to look forward to......

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
We did one better in drafting a QB in the 3rd last year while taking a shot at Foles. Cousins was drafted in the 4th and finally is paying dividends THIS year.

Yes he is paying off now, but he was drafted in the same year as a #2 pick QB, which automatically put him on the bench....that QB led the team to the playoffs year 1, so he certainly wasn't going to supplant him at that point. The fact is he was drafted as back-up plan by design, and when it became necessary they played him. He actually saw the field his first year - so they had either confidence in him or decided to develop him, something Mannion hasn't gotten from JF, regardless of our poor QB situation.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Convenient facts. Mannion didn't play because the QBs in front of him stayed healthy. Cousins wouldn't have either.
Have yet to see who we should have drafted - and please don't say (hall of famer) Garappolo, who has yet to do anything, and actually has looked far from stellar in his outings.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Convenient facts. Mannion didn't play because the QBs in front of him stayed healthy. Cousins wouldn't have either.
Have yet to see who we should have drafted - and please don't say (hall of famer) Garappolo, who has yet to do anything, and actually has looked far from stellar in his outings.

Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Like they're lighting the world on fire?
With, I might add, very good receivers.

Bridge water - no way. Botrles so-so. Carr's pretty damn good, but has issues.

Athos

Legend
Lmao at saying you wouldn't want Carr, Bortles, or think about Teddy.

I really don't get some people on here.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Cousins was draft and immediately became the #2 QB, Mannion was draft and was left as the #3. Mannion didn't play either because he wasn't good enough to get the #2 job or because JF didn't trust him enough to make him #2. Mannion didn't play not because of lack of injury, he didn't play because the coaches didn't want to play him...for whatever reason. Cousins didn't need multiple guys to go down to get in, he was the clear and solid #2, and beat out Grossman (a solid veteran) for the #2 spot.

Don't get me wrong this isn't me banging on Mannion, this is more a matter of how JF handles his QBs. There seems to be little real plan, evaluation, or development (we all know that as a NFL team there is some of this - but how well it is done is a serious question). Take Keenum, signed undrafted by Texans, spent 2 years in their system and started 8 games, waived the Rams nabbed him and ended up tossing him on the practice squad, where he quickly was regrabbed by the Texans for the end of the 2014 season. The Texans then traded him back to us for a 7rnd pick. And now he is a RFA. It is just odd to get a player only just to end up a few months later trading to get him back again...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I would give up the next three 1st round picks for Carr or Bortles. I like Todd Gurley, but I'd trade him and some picks for either of those two without a second thought. Great RBs are nice, but not required. Good QB play is required for any playoff success. Great QB play plus an Aaron Donald led defense is a SB. I'd give a first for Bridgewater. He's at least proven competence.