Keep Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If an upgrade is available in the off season, do the Rams fire Fisher?

• Keep Fisher

Votes: 35 24.5%
  • Fire Fisher

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • Fire Fisher only if there is an upgrade available.

Votes: 53 37.1%

• Total voters

MountainRam

Rookie
I urge posters here down playing Redskins 2 division wins to look at pivotal difference between Rams and RedSkins.

RedSkins had extremely good QB play in both seasons they won the divisions. They (appear to) have found QBOF in Cousins. I would say they are a better team than Rams as 2015 ends. To me QB talent appends everything on the roster.

fearsomefour

Legend
Taking a quick glance at some stats, Fisher is now 7th in terms of wins by a Rams coach.
Has a ways to go to catch Allen, Knox and Martz. Malivasey straight ahead. Im laughing so hard I can't stop crying.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Only problem is that we have a fine record in our division, its outside of it where we have trouble
That is perplexing but true. However, the redskins strength of schedule or lack there of (I have not confirmed) is likely the reason they have an easier path to the playoffs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is perplexing but true. However, the redskins strength of schedule or lack there of (I have not confirmed) is likely the reason they have an easier path to the playoffs.
Well, I think their SOS would be impacted by their divisional opponents, which isnt the Rams problem. Perplexing, is a very appropriate term.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think you've done a great job, it's just I think some of us need a few more days :baghead:

But seriously, Forgive those of us who are looking for immediate change and instant hope. I mean when Fisher was hired my daughter was turning 13
By the time Fisher plays out his contract she'll be 18 -- that's a chunk of my life

Again I give credit to Fisher for making us average after so many years as a doormat, but there has to be someone out there that can take us from mediocrity to champions
I personally think that IF Fisher makes certain Offensive Staff Changes he could take us to the promised land!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Eh. Easier division maybe... Maybe.

But with our penchant for never really winning outside of the division, does it matter?
I know it is completely hypothetical but if we swapped divisions would the Rams have won that division this year? I think so. Would the Redskins have won the NFCW? No

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wish to fate that he was fired...but it's looking more likely that he'll be extended instead. The life of a Rams fan.

MountainRam

Rookie
I know it is completely hypothetical but if we swapped divisions would the Rams have won that division this year? I think so. Would the Redskins have won the NFCW? No

What makes you think a team that lost to all of NFCE in their recent meetings would have won the division? The odds are better for 3-13 record, no?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What makes you think a team that lost to all of NFCE in their recent meetings would have won the division? The odds are better for 3-13 record, no?
The same thing that makes you think 3-13 is more likely. Your opinion versus mine. Obviously we are both guessing

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well except for the fact that if Kendrick doesn't whiff on his block for the field goal they win in OT or that if GZ makes that field goal in regulation they win. And the whole Gurley, Quin, Ogletree, McDonald, and Brown not playing thing.
You might be happy being 8-8 but I expect better . Every team has injuries and the 49ers lost half thier team in the off season., yet they just beat the mediocre Rams .

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You might be happy being 8-8 but I expect better . Every team has injuries and the 49ers lost half thier team in the off season., yet they just beat the mediocre Rams .
Who said I was happy with that?? And no not every team has the kind of injuries the Rams have been through the last few years. They all have some but show me the ones who lost their franchise QB 2 years in a row and what their record was. show me a team who lost 3 starters on their defensive unit and what they did or how about a team trying to rebuild their oline and end up playing with their #9 guy starting. If there is a team to compare with what the Rams have gone through they did not make the playoffs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I urge posters here down playing Redskins 2 division wins to look at pivotal difference between Rams and RedSkins.

RedSkins had extremely good QB play in both seasons they won the divisions. They (appear to) have found QBOF in Cousins. I would say they are a better team than Rams as 2015 ends. To me QB talent appends everything on the roster.
So Cousins with far worse numbers starting out in WA's system than Keenum had for us is their QBOF but it is not possible we have ours? The fans wanted Cousins run out on a rail in DC. The coaching staff ignored them and clearly knew better. That is why I don't put a lot of cred in fans screaming for a coaches head, or to draft so and so, or that this QB has no chance. More often than not, they are wrong and the coaches actually DID have a better feel for it.

RGKnee was a given - or at least better have been. They put their eggs in that basket and it bit them for the next two years while they rebuilt some positions and lucked into a little 4th round QB that might MIGHT be their QBOF.

Whatever credit you give the Redskins for QB play, it was not even close to being by design.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
To my mind all the talk of Washington and "what if we were there and they were here" is kind of pointless. They aren't here, we aren't there, and there are four undeniable facts. 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9. No playoffs. By the numbers we had plenty of draft picks to rebuild in 4 years. The talent level SHOULD have upgraded, by any coach.

JMO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever credit you give the Redskins for QB play, it was not even close to being by design.

you have to give them credit for drafting him the same year they gave away the farm for rg3, just in case. i wish the rams were smart enough to draft just in case.

Athos

Legend
you have to give them credit for drafting him the same year they gave away the farm for rg3, just in case. i wish the rams were smart enough to draft just in case.

Exactly. The ForeSkins had enough foresight to have a backup plan. A guy to bring along either as a competent backup to RGMe or a fail safe in car he busted. Either way they had the balls to get two QBs after trading all that...

While Snisher stands pat as Sam tears his ACL not once but twice.

I'll double the credit but saying they were smart designed an O to make Cousins successful.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Pretty much. And their regular season record doesn't get them into the playoffs either year if playing in our division. And we only lost to them once in that time span including a 24-0 trouncing last year.

yes we beat them 24-0 but that was in the first year of a coaching change with a roaster that hadn't been improved by a first round draft pick in three years. in the 2nd year of that coaching change they beat us maybe that should tell us something

Athos

Legend
Why so bitter about WAS. They traded the future, gambled poorly, but still know how to take advantage of their situation, have the smarts to create an O around Cousins, and got him Reed, who is becoming one of the best TEs in the league.

I'm jealous they were able to course correct.

But let's stop the petty, hilarious, bababababbuuuuuuuuut, they don't play in the NFCW.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

We did one better in drafting a QB in the 3rd last year while taking a shot at Foles. Cousins was drafted in the 4th and finally is paying dividends THIS year.