Keep Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If an upgrade is available in the off season, do the Rams fire Fisher?

• Keep Fisher

Votes: 35 24.5%
  • Fire Fisher

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • Fire Fisher only if there is an upgrade available.

Votes: 53 37.1%

• Total voters

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Okay, after today's clunker and considering the entire 4 years of Fisher; what should SK do?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Kroenke will keep Fisher cause he don't give a shit about wins. We will be 6-8 to 7-9 while he's here, which might be a while, cause fuck us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Did Stan ask? I must have missed that. But I'm glad to see another productive thread about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Kroenke will keep Fisher cause he don't give a crap about wins. We will be 6-8 to 7-9 while he's here, which might be a while, cause freak us.
Oh good. It's another vent thread in the making.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There should be another option..."Fire Fisher, but won't happen for reasons outside of football."

ramsfan99

UDFA
Name
Chris
I think he should be let go but unfortunately for us long suffering fans Kroenke is focused on LA and not the product on the field so he probably returns for 2016.
On the bright side he only has 1 year left on his contract but with our luck Kroenke will extend it.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm back on the upgrade the coach bandwagon. Fisher is Marty Schotenheimer without the ability to build a great team.
Worst game day coach ever.

Stel

Starter
I think Fisher did a pretty good job of upgrading the roster from what it was when he arrived but I don't think he is the right person to take us the next step.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I love the fact that the brass tried to do the right team with a "proven" coach. I love the fact that despite regressive records, they tried to build a plan and an organization. The problem is that they hitched their wagon to the wrong star. Sometimes, you have to move on. The Rams are in historic territory here on putting up with a loosing coach. Fisher has done nothing to distinguish himself, despite being given everything.

You don't want to make a move just to do something, but this Fisher thing; It ain't gonna work here. That joker in San Fran got 1 year, and his entire team left before the season started. Talk about your double standards.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Did Stan ask? I must have missed that. But I'm glad to see another productive thread about it.

Agreed... Stan will do whatever he wants to do...He doesn't care what the fans think...I believe his priority right now is moving...Doubt that he wants to eat $7 MM AND look for a coach...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love the fact that the brass tried to do the right team with a "proven" coach. I love the fact that despite regressive records, they tried to build a plan and an organization. The problem is that they hitched their wagon to the wrong star. Sometimes, you have to move on. The Rams are in historic territory here on putting up with a loosing coach. Fisher has done nothing to distinguish himself, despite being given everything.

You don't want to make a move just to do something, but this Fisher thing; It ain't gonna work here. That joker in San Fran got 1 year, and his entire team left. Talk about your double standards.

^^^^
This.
I really like the blue print, I just think (at this point in time) we chose the wrong HC.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not gonna vent here, but I'll say this... If you are the owner you don't make the decision based on whether you have another guy lined up. You make the hard call based on whether he's the right guy to lead this team. If Stan makes that call and keeps Fish I'll STFU and root for him. But there's no way I'll think it's a good decision.

There are plenty of options out there, or will be. You have first time head coach types who have made their names as coordinators. You have young retreads, some of which have only failed once or didn't get a true shake in their HC attempt. You have established retreads who might or might not be lured back, or who are awaiting another chance. You even have good collegiate options who will jump at an NFL job.

IMO never make a call based on thinking you have someone lined up, to me that's putting the cart before the horse. Is Fish up to snuff as your guy or not, that's the question!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agreed... Stan will do whatever he wants to do...He doesn't care what the fans think...I believe his priority right now is moving...Doubt that he wants to eat $7 MM AND look for a coach...
Also doubt he pays top dollar and doesn't care about winning.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Okay...
Let's keep Fisher
Let's give him a promotion actually for all he has done to take of from perennial losers to perennial mediocrity
May i suggest the following:

* President of Non-Football Operations
* President of Player Bro Downess
* CEO of Fake Trick Punt Fakes

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I'm back on the upgrade the coach bandwagon. Fisher is Marty Schotenheimer without the ability to build a great team.
Worst game day coach ever.

There is no need to insult Marty like that....

Marty had issues in the post season, but he only had 3 losing seasons as a HC (total), and made the playoffs 13 out of 21 seasons (and had winning seasons 15 out of 21, note winning is better than .500)