Just reminding everyone that Goff is better than Wentz in nearly every statistical category

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Suddenly gone?
Is that how you describe all the old vets we brought in the QB our team? :D
Those were some very sad days, but props to Georgia:D for giving the over the hill gang a last hurrah:shocked:!!
train
ps that damn skank

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I would define arm strength clearly as defined as applying force to the ball.
The Force is mass and acceleration, Once the ball leaves the hand there is no more force (arm strength) being. applied.
So initial ball velocity is perfect for defining arm strength. Assuming the mass of the ball is the same, then the only factor in intial velocity was the force applied to generate the velocity, which is acceleration.

How the player input that force on the ball is mechanics. The angel, arc, spin is all accuracy to me.

So based on physics, he who throws the ball faster, has a stronger arm. See Baseball, whom has the fastest fastball is the one that had the more powerful arm.

Now I know the harder you throw the harder it is to maintain accuracy, so that is an accuracy issue, not arm strength.

I could really hit the ball hard when I played racquetball, but to get that kill shot I had to work on accuracy slow down the power and then as I got better ramp up the power.

Goff clearly has the stronger arm.

Now you can argue all your want about accuracy, touch, spin, catchable balls.

This isn’t correct, technically. And, yes, it’s pedantic so I won’t sweat any of this too much.

Initial ball velocity is a function mostly of mechanics, otherwise bodybuilders would throw the ball farthest.

More accurately, arm elasticity and mechanics allow for the acceleration. That’s why you can have tall pitchers like Nolan Ryan and Randy Johnson throw fast as well as much shorter pitchers. It’s why a short QB like Austin Davis or Russell Wilson can get the same initial velocity as taller QBs like Goff and Wentz.

For all intents and purposes, arm strength is a euphemism that can allude to either that which generates initial ball velocity or that which generates max distance. It can also be used as a euphemism for throws that have to be thrown on a certain trajectory.

As a singularly defined term, “arm strength” is meaningless. In every case, mechanics and arm elasticity have a much greater bearing than the physical strength of the arm.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I haven't, given that Wentz majored in Physical Education with a Psych minor. Also known as the college athlete special. No more impressive than Goff's major in Sociology.

Where do you hear this stuff man?
Funny....because I read it on a ND Bison website....

Must have switched majors for graduation....

I needed some info that I had read off the net before....for something really important....and it too disappeared, like it never was said....

That's cool.....one day, hopefully soon, someone can ask Carson himself about this....I'll stand by my claims....He can major in one thing...and graduate in a whole nuther category....

Soc. major is fine too....

PE with Psych minor.....meh....sounds like a bunch of PE teachers I had....one was Mr Nelson....fast ole chubby guy that I met at Palms Jr. High....and told me, never be a PE major...LOL

bluecoconuts

Legend
Funny....because I read it on a ND Bison website....

Must have switched majors for graduation....

I needed some info that I had read off the net before....for something really important....and it too disappeared, like it never was said....

That's cool.....one day, hopefully soon, someone can ask Carson himself about this....I'll stand by my claims....He can major in one thing...and graduate in a whole nuther category....

Soc. major is fine too....

PE with Psych minor.....meh....sounds like a bunch of PE teachers I had....one was Mr Nelson....fast ole chubby guy that I met at Palms Jr. High....and told me, never be a PE major...LOL

My assumption would be that he never majored in Mechanical Engineering given that majors like that are incredibly time consuming. It would make zero sense to go through years of an intensive major, having a 4.0 only to switch to some bullshit one and graduate. It is what it is though, nobody should expect these kids to be majoring in super difficult majors, they're on a different career path, or at least many of them are. I've taught "blue backpack classes" at UCLA which are known as an easy elective class for Athletes so you see tons of Athletes with their provided school backpack. Although it was a STEM course (Astrophysics) it wasn't a difficult class as we went over basic astronomy stuff. I'd venture he took a course like that once. GPA Boosters.

Plus athletes have a bunch of people doing their work and cheating for them, it's terrible. I'd never boast about any athletic degree because it's probably bullshit.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Eagles D line no joke. They bring the heat all day. Cox, Graham, Jernigan and Curry.

The game should be great next. Let’s get through this week first. In any case one game won’t define either QB. Neither of these guys has played their best football yet. I’m sure of that.
I’m not even going to make excuses for Seattle, if your 32nd toughest ranked schedule to date, ladies, go into that shithole and come out with a W, well that will be impressive

Personally, I was hoping it would be the Rams that get the honor smacking you guys on NT, we may have to settle for the sequel

These next two weeks will be telling

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
I’m not even going to make excuses for Seattle, if your 32nd toughest ranked schedule to date, ladies, go into that shithole and come out with a W, well that will be impressive

Personally, I was hoping it would be the Rams that get the honor smacking you guys on NT, we may have to settle for the sequel

These next two weeks will be telling

I stated why I joined here. It was because most of what I saw was good conversation. I also said I am impressed with the Rams and I’m definitely glad that they are back where they belong in La.

Calling the Eagles ladies, insinuating that they aren’t that good? All I can say is you are greatly underestimating this team. They can only play the schedule they have. They aren’t just winning, they are blowing teams off the field. 4 straight wins by 20+ points.

Do I think the game this week will go as easily? I doubt it. Next week? Again I think it will be tougher.
Starts Sunday night.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I stated why I joined here. It was because most of what I saw was good conversation. I also said I am impressed with the Rams and I’m definitely glad that they are back where they belong in La.

Calling the Eagles ladies, insinuating that they aren’t that good? All I can say is you are greatly underestimating this team. They can only play the schedule they have. They aren’t just winning, they are blowing teams off the field. 4 straight wins by 20+ points.

Do I think the game this week will go as easily? I doubt it. Next week? Again I think it will be tougher.
Starts Sunday night.

Wound a little tight are we?

Wasn’t it you who accused the OP of “Cherry Picking” when in fact cherry picking works against his post?

If your skin is too thin for a little good natured banter then maybe you should reconsider going to another teams board

Cheers!

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John

Wasn’t it you who accused the OP of “Cherry Picking” when in fact cherry picking works against his post?

If your skin is too thin for a little good natured banter then maybe you should reconsider going to another teams board

Cheers!

No. It wasn’t me at all. I think both QBs are really good and will get better. The Rams are fun to watch and Goff is a big reason IMO.

All for good natured banter!

Cheers backatcha!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Cheers!

You're mistaking him with an alleged rams fan who is gaga over wentz. Golly.

KDS73

Rookie
what the freak is your problem?

we don't need to make ourselves feel better about goff. 99% of us are ecstatic he is the rams qb.

you must be part of the 1% still yearning for wentz. if you like him so much why don't you become an eagles fan so you don't miss a snap of his career.

lol. So because I'm willing to admit that Wentz is the better qb this year and defend that position, I should go ahead and become an Eagles fan? Yokay. :LOL:

Wow, that's too funny. I know this is a Rams board, but it doesn't mean we have to be blind homers about everything. Especially about something that's obvious to everyone except some Rams fans. And it doesn't mean I'm saying Goff isn't a good qb. Just that Wentz is playing better this year. Nothing worth getting your panties in twist over.

Sheesh, the inferiority complex around here with the Eagles and Wentz is getting borderline comical at this point. Every week there's at least one new thread about the Eagles and/or Carson Wentz. Or a thread about Goff that somehow morphs into a topic about Wentz. And anyone that isn't aboard the "Rah Rah, Goff is the greatest" bandwagon should just go root for someone else now I guess. :dizzy:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol. So because I'm willing to admit that Wentz is the better qb this year and defend that position, I should go ahead and become an Eagles fan? Yokay. :LOL:

Wow, that's too funny. I know this is a Rams board, but it doesn't mean we have to be blind homers about everything. Especially about something that's obvious to everyone except some Rams fans. And it doesn't mean I'm saying Goff isn't a good qb. Just that Wentz is playing better this year. Nothing worth getting your panties in twist over.

Sheesh, the inferiority complex around here with the Eagles and Wentz is getting borderline comical at this point. Every week there's at least one new thread about the Eagles and/or Carson Wentz. Or a thread about Goff that somehow morphs into a topic about Wentz. And anyone that isn't aboard the "Rah Rah, Goff is the greatest" bandwagon should just go root for someone else now I guess. :dizzy:

It's not that you're willing to admit anything. It's the tone of your posts in general and snide remarks. Read over your posts again, especially the one quoted here. We all know wentz is a great qb having a great season. We don't need you to tell us because of that were trying to make ourselves feel better about Goff being the rams qb. Again 99% of us are ecstatic Goff is the rams qb. We don't have an inferiority complex regarding wentz. That's you're perception because people are responding to trolls who denigrate Jared every chance they get.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's actually quite debatable. The advanced metrics such as DVOA and AY/A actually favor Goff.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

You don't have to be blind, but this board IS pretty much made for homers...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
My assumption would be that he never majored in Mechanical Engineering given that majors like that are incredibly time consuming. It would make zero sense to go through years of an intensive major, having a 4.0 only to switch to some bullcrap one and graduate. It is what it is though, nobody should expect these kids to be majoring in super difficult majors, they're on a different career path, or at least many of them are. I've taught "blue backpack classes" at UCLA which are known as an easy elective class for Athletes so you see tons of Athletes with their provided school backpack. Although it was a STEM course (Astrophysics) it wasn't a difficult class as we went over basic astronomy stuff. I'd venture he took a course like that once. GPA Boosters.

Plus athletes have a bunch of people doing their work and cheating for them, it's terrible. I'd never boast about any athletic degree because it's probably bullcrap.
Wentz's arm looks like it was "mechanically engineered" with Bionics.

Maybe that is where the confusion happened.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
lol. So, because I'm willing to admit that Wentz is the better qb this year.....

....something that's obvious to everyone except some Rams fans.
Wow.
Pretty "different" how you present a bunch of your opinions as if they are facts.

Not a thing wrong with believing your opinions or having strong opinions but your "facts" have yet to be proven.

Get back with me in 10 years and tell me all about it. :D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My assumption would be that he never majored in Mechanical Engineering given that majors like that are incredibly time consuming.
They reported it as late as last January.....It was written....and I believed it.....Not sure what happened....If I could find some old threads, I'm sure I posted a link to it....
It is a demanding field of study....which was why I was so impressed with it.

Trust me...this isn't my 2nd account here....

Keep up the faith....and fight for truth KD.....I feel ya.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They reported it as late as last January.....It was written....and I believed it.....Not sure what happened....If I could find some old threads, I'm sure I posted a link to it....
It is a demanding field of study....which was why I was so impressed with it.
Trust me...this isn't my 2nd account here....

Keep up the faith....and fight for truth KD.....I feel ya.

Well when you're done spitting in your hands over Wentz go ahead and search, let me know. I went to his school bio page and there's no whisper of Mechanical Engineering, and I check majors before the draft to see if there's anything like that, and I never saw it.