Just reminding everyone that Goff is better than Wentz in nearly every statistical category

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
lol. Somehow I knew somebody would go diving into the stats until they found something they could argue with. Believe whatever you want I guess, but the only "deciphering" I'll be getting out of this thread is that I can expect plenty of Rams fans to continue cherry-picking stats to convince themselves that Goff is somehow on the same level that Wentz is this year, when everyone outside of Rams fans knows that it simply isn't true. There's a reason that Wentz is neck-and-neck with Brady for the MVP this year while Goff isn't. But if passer rating stats cherry-picked from the schedule make some of y'all feel better about that, then have at it I guess.

Right now the eyeball test shows Wentz clearly ahead of Goff. Wentz has MVP numbers this season, it's really undeniable.

But once again time is what many fans just don't get, when it comes to QBs. Greatness isn't about one ridiculous season, it's about putting up consistent seasons. I think we're all aware, even if some of us won't admit it, that Wentz would go 1 overall in a re-draft. But he's older than Jared, also a year ahead developmentally thanks to snaps in camp last year (Eagles' staff bit the bullet and rightly so as opposed to the Fisher crew) and the experience through the season. That stuff is going to equalize.

If Wentz strings off 10 straight seasons like this one it's game over. And the "OMG we shoulda drafted Wentz" posters can pat themselves on the back and feel all smug I guess. But I will bet that this whole thing looks a lot different over time, because I'm confident Jared's going to get to his ceiling.

Fans get wowed by size and physical ability like Wentz has. But look at Roethlisberger vs Brady, and you can see that even though Brady can't make Big Ben's wow plays where he shrugs off defenders and throws TDs, the two are both in that greatness range. I believe after ten years we're going to be very, very happy with Jared's career and he might end up being the best QB from that draft. Let's wait and see how it shakes out and for now enjoy our young QB gettin it done.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I do too....and I did see it.
So because you saw a fan boy on a bison board post it, it has to be true? Have you sent your bank info to a Saudi prince because he promised in an email to deposit half of his riches into your account for helping him get it out of his country?

Maybe it is gone because it was retracted...... because it was false?? Your man crush for this guy is getting a little disturbing... And comical!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So because you saw a fan boy on a bison board post it, it has to be true?
No....It wasn't posted by a fan...it was in a bio.....strange too, that it's removed.

Man crush.....ahahahahahahah

I'm just looking at his talent.

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
Right now the eyeball test shows Wentz clearly ahead of Goff. Wentz has MVP numbers this season, it's really undeniable.

But once again time is what many fans just don't get, when it comes to QBs. Greatness isn't about one ridiculous season, it's about putting up consistent seasons. I think we're all aware, even if some of us won't admit it, that Wentz would go 1 overall in a re-draft. But he's older than Jared, also a year ahead developmentally thanks to snaps in camp last year (Eagles' staff bit the bullet and rightly so as opposed to the Fisher crew) and the experience through the season. That stuff is going to equalize.

If Wentz strings off 10 straight seasons like this one it's game over. And the "OMG we shoulda drafted Wentz" posters can pat themselves on the back and feel all smug I guess. But I will bet that this whole thing looks a lot different over time, because I'm confident Jared's going to get to his ceiling.

Fans get wowed by size and physical ability like Wentz has. But look at Roethlisberger vs Brady, and you can see that even though Brady can't make Big Ben's wow plays where he shrugs off defenders and throws TDs, the two are both in that greatness range. I believe after ten years we're going to be very, very happy with Jared's career and he might end up being the best QB from that draft. Let's wait and see how it shakes out and for now enjoy our young QB gettin it done.

Great post. I said before as you did that Wentz had the benefit of not only playing a full 16 games last year but also a full year under the current staff. So he is ahead of things in that regard. If Bridgewater didn’t get hurt things would be much different. Bradford would have played most of season.
My point is that it’s not apples to apples really but Goff is having a hell of a year and surely will get better under what sure looks like a great staff.
I’m an Eagles fan but I’m also objective. The Rams are a team that is fun to watch. So are the Eagles. I think they will both be two of the best and most exciting teams for some time to come. I’m huge part to both having that QB. Who will be better when all is said and done? Who knows. It’s way too early and they have a good chance to both be great in their own ways. Certainly seeing that now. Enjoy the ride! These kind of guys don’t come along but once in a damned long time. I for one am thankful for the guy my team got and you guys should be for the guy your team got. There’s a whole bunch of teams and fans who wish they were in our shoes. Good times ahead!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Funny....because I read it on a ND Bison website....

Must have switched majors for graduation....

I needed some info that I had read off the net before....for something really important....and it too disappeared, like it never was said....

That's cool.....one day, hopefully soon, someone can ask Carson himself about this....I'll stand by my claims....He can major in one thing...and graduate in a whole nuther category....

Soc. major is fine too....

PE with Psych minor.....meh....sounds like a bunch of PE teachers I had....one was Mr Nelson....fast ole chubby guy that I met at Palms Jr. High....and told me, never be a PE major...LOL
Officially, I found that Wentz majored in...

PERSONAL: Drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles with the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft...Majoring in health education and physical education with a minor in psychology...Maintained a cumulative 4.0 GPA through his senior season…Born Dec. 30, 1992...

From the NDSU website.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5784

I think what I wanted more than either Wentz or Goff, was a franchise QB. I think now that I would have gotten one with either guy.

nighttrain

Legend
Doesn’t seem to have hurt him. It was one of the concerns for some like Cleveland....
i was just clownin, my friend @LAChamp keeps raggin on Goff cuz UCLA , USC, and a couple of other PAC schools beat up on Cal, i kinda think they would have schooled the Bisons also
train

…..

Legend
It's not even Eagles game week yet, and we are breaking down molecules in some strange fixated effort to compare and debate these two players.

I'm gonna go watch some paint dry and leave y'all to have this important life changing topic all to yourselves.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

"Greatness isn't about one ridiculous season..."

Yep. Nick Foles says, "hi".

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we're all aware, even if some of us won't admit it, that Wentz would go 1 overall in a re-draft.

Maybe in your opinion. If I'm drafting I still do it the same I think you'll find enough people to agree as to not make this as automatic as you seem to think.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we're all aware, even if some of us won't admit it, that Wentz would go 1 overall in a re-draft.

I wouldn't assume that.

But I think if you asked Fisher, HE would because Wentz was far enough along that it woulda taken time for him to ruin Wentz. Fisher might see what Wentz accomplished as a rookie (granted, he had Pederson in his ear and his coaching, but...details) and think in hindsight that Wentz was the better choice.

The better choice was Goff and matching him up with McVay. THAT's the serendipity we needed.

Goff definitely needed more coaching up, but also has a higher ceiling.

Which is why I said at the time that Wentz made much, much more sense for Fisher, but Goff made more sense to an offensive-minded QB whisperer (I used Asshole Face as my example, but I like McVay better, actually).

And now that Fisher is long gone, Goff, imho, will yield greater long-term results.

That said, both the Eagles and Rams seem to be set up for a long, sustained run of success and it very much maybe a Brady v Roethlisberger type matchup.

Ramzheart

Rookie
its the life of a rams fan ...some always seem to argue for the "other" guy

bulger / warner
Bradford / Suh
Wentz / Goff
fisher/ mcavy .... nope wait not that one

im happy for Wentz
Im estactic we got Goff
Correction: Mannion/Goff/Wentz