Just reminding everyone that Goff is better than Wentz in nearly every statistical category

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Maybe in your opinion. If I'm drafting I still do it the same I think you'll find enough people to agree as to not make this as automatic as you seem to think.
Bravo, I’m embarrassed for that guy honestly

Little disappointed in you Merlin, and no I’m not being a homer I just see potential greatness in Goff that “scatter gun Wentz” will never sniff

why debate? I’m seriously done, if some of you guys haven’t figured it out by now then please, accept that utter shitstorm myself and others will remind you of two years from now

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Maybe in your opinion. If I'm drafting I still do it the same I think you'll find enough people to agree as to not make this as automatic as you seem to think.

Yes and I'd take Goff too. But talking about a re-draft doesn't mean fans it means if teams were to do that draft again knowing what they know now. Most teams would take Wentz, it's very likely he'd be the 1 overall.

What's cool here though is that if you took a multiple years draft (say a few years before and this past year's draft) the first two would be Wentz and Goff. The fact that we hit on our QB is the key right now, and I have zero issues admitting that Wentz appears to be ahead. But once again we gotta look over time.

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
Bravo, I’m embarrassed for that guy honestly

Little disappointed in you Merlin, and no I’m not being a homer I just see potential greatness in Goff that “scatter gun Wentz” will never sniff

why debate? I’m seriously done, if some of you guys haven’t figured it out by now then please, accept that utter shitstorm myself and others will remind you of two years from now

You are clearly happy with the QB you have and you should be. Looks like he’s already a really good one and can only get better IMO. It seems you have the other piece of the puzzle and that’s quality coaching. We all know what happens with any young QB in the wrong hands. Fisher comes to mind. Hell I have a sneaky feeling that Nick Foles is closer to player he was in Philly when he had that great season than the guy that went to St Louis. It was destined to fail.

Looking from the outside in here, I can see where it would be frustrating hearing fans constantly comparing and seemingly wanting the other guy when you think your guy is the man. Honestly I’d be thrilled as a Rams fan. The upside appears to be vast. Looks like a real good one to me. I’m also really glad he’s not a bust. We’ve seen way too many of them and the league desperately needed some new stars going into the next decade plus.

All this said, you don’t need to down play Wentz to extol the virtues of Goff any more than I or Eagles fans would need to speak negatively of Goff. I like Goff. Seems a good guy and is fun to watch.
I think you underestimate Wentz and his abilities when you say “scatter gun Wentz”. The guy does a lot of things very well and he lifts the entire locker room with his presence. I wouldn’t want anyone else and neither should you.

Time tells all things. Enjoy the ride! Looks to be a good one.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Goff vs. Wentz

No doubt this is going to be the topic for years to come but in the end, providing they both continue excelling as they are this year...

Who cares who better they're both
Superhero's!!!!

Go Rams, Go Goff!

Gotta run, going for find the whoop-ass for the game today!!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Batman is not a Super Hero. He's just a Hero due to no Super Human abilities.

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
Curious how does Wentz compare to the Foles magic season?

There is no comparison. Foles played well no doubt. Wentz brings so much more to the table. His ability to look at the defense and change plays/audible at the line, mobility, escapability for starters. I can also tell you that almost nobody in Philly felt that Foles was as good as his season was. There were red flags. Totally different vibe with Wentz. He has already changed the entire attitude of the franchise from top to bottom. Much like Goff he hasn’t played his best football yet. There’s greatness there and you can just sense that he’s going to be even better over time. He’s on pace for about 40 TD passes this year.
Just my take having been there for both seasons.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
You are clearly happy with the QB you have and you should be. Looks like he’s already a really good one and can only get better IMO. It seems you have the other piece of the puzzle and that’s quality coaching. We all know what happens with any young QB in the wrong hands. Fisher comes to mind. Hell I have a sneaky feeling that Nick Foles is closer to player he was in Philly when he had that great season than the guy that went to St Louis. It was destined to fail.

Looking from the outside in here, I can see where it would be frustrating hearing fans constantly comparing and seemingly wanting the other guy when you think your guy is the man. Honestly I’d be thrilled as a Rams fan. The upside appears to be vast. Looks like a real good one to me. I’m also really glad he’s not a bust. We’ve seen way too many of them and the league desperately needed some new stars going into the next decade plus.

All this said, you don’t need to down play Wentz to extol the virtues of Goff any more than I or Eagles fans would need to speak negatively of Goff. I like Goff. Seems a good guy and is fun to watch.
I think you underestimate Wentz and his abilities when you say “scatter gun Wentz”. The guy does a lot of things very well and he lifts the entire locker room with his presence. I wouldn’t want anyone else and neither should you.

Time tells all things. Enjoy the ride! Looks to be a good one.

Wentz was an outstanding pick and if I were a Philly fan especially considering it’s been a while since you’ve experienced a QB take the nation by storm as he has, I’d be thrilled

At this moment he is definitely further along than Goff as far as to reaching potential

Not sure if he’s even going to get much better considering his style of game, sorta like last years Dak, where as Goff as the classic pocket type has shown to me has has barely scratched his potential, he’s no where near where I feel he’ll be in two years, time will tell if these takes pan out.

Hey I could be wrong, it’s a forum and at the end of the day it’s mostly good

At work we always talk football, believe me I took a lot of grief over Goff vs Wentz last year, I (facetiously) refer to Wentz as “Shotgun Wentz” due to the few throws he misses, of course he’s not alone in that aspect as we all know, sometimes that light humor doesn’t translate on a fan site

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm old school...I go by the eyeball test. The numbers speak that they are close...but "in game" where one can see everything I give Wentz the nod at this early point in these guys careers. However I stress that I said "AT THIS EARLY POINT".

I'm simply glad the Rams finally have a very good QB...and a coach that can help him continue to grow...(y)

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
Wentz was an outstanding pick and if I were a Philly fan especially considering it’s been a while since you’ve experienced a QB take the nation by storm as he has, I’d be thrilled

At this moment he is definitely further along than Goff as far as to reaching potential

Not sure if he’s even going to get much better considering his style of game, sorta like last years Dak, where as Goff as the classic pocket type has shown to me has has barely scratched his potential, he’s no where near where I feel he’ll be in two years, time will tell if these takes pan out.

Hey I could be wrong, it’s a forum and at the end of the day it’s mostly good

At work we always talk football, believe me I took a lot of grief over Goff vs Wentz last year, I (facetiously) refer to Wentz as “Shotgun Wentz” due to the few throws he misses, of course he’s not alone in that aspect as we all know, sometimes that light humor doesn’t translate on a fan site

Good post!

None of us knows for sure how any this will play out. The upside looks great for both to me. I see both guys getting a lot better. Good to have such a dilemma though right?!

I agree about the written word not translating so well at times. It was a little weird coming here as an Eagles fan. I can assure you and everyone here that I have no time for troll BS. I genuinely love the way things are heading and see the Rams as a huge player as we go forward. Again in HUGE part to Goff.

For most of our lives we’ve watched other teams in this situation but it was rarely us. I’ve been a fan for close to 50 years. I’m that time we’ve never had a QB that seems such a sure thing. You got it too!

Cheers!

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gosh that was a terrible movie. I hope it’s not like superman vs. batman

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Comparison.. Who's Who?
Cmp 203 213
Att 317 354
Cmp% 64.0 60.2
Yds 2891 2657
TD 27 28
TD% 8.5 7.9
Int 2 5
Int% 0.6 1.4
Lng 63 72
Y/A 9.1 7.5
AY/A 10.5 8.5
Y/C 14.2 12.5
Y/G 222.4 241.5
Rate 119.2 104.0
QBR 72.0 75.3
Sk 28 24
Yds 173 131
NY/A 7.88 6.68
ANY/A 9.18 7.57
Sk% 8.1 6.3
4QC 1 1
GWD 1 1

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Attention

We don't need a new Goff vs Wentz thread every week guys. Use the search function to bump or browse the front page for existing discussion please.

Thanks

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What about a Wentz vs Goff thread, that’s different right?? Lol
200w.webp

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Curious how does Wentz compare to the Foles magic season?

Not close.

Nick Foles had a season for the ages. 27TDs and only 3 INTs. Guy couldn't miss.

It's like a 68% free thrower going a season only missing 3 free throws all year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't doubt you, just hoping you can find what you said, as it would be impressive if he was taking those courses. Nothing gets deleted from the Internet, there should be something.
I searched, bro. He took, PE, and Health, with a minor in psych. Maybe it's on the dark net....