Just reminding everyone that Goff is better than Wentz in nearly every statistical category

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STLRam

UDFA
Goff has 300 more passing yards on the year.

Goff averages 8.2 YPA, Wentz averages 7.5.

Goff has a 62% completion percentage, Wentz has 60%.

The only difference is that the Rams have been pounding it in with Gurley near the goal line while Wentz gets TD passes.

Goff has been better at everything this year except for TD passes but apparently this 1 statistic means that Wentz is God’s gift to football and Goff is just a mediocre guy.

/End rant.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think over 10 years or so we will know which guy is better. Trying to rack and stack them now is a waste of time.

Also does it matter who ends up better if they both have HoF careers? I think that is possible but like comparing them it is too early to know for sure.

It is like sayin one fighter is better 3/4 through the first round.

Scirca

Rookie

The only difference is that the Rams have been pounding it in with Gurley near the goal line while Wentz gets TD passes.

Goff has been better at everything this year except for TD passes but apparently this 1 statistic means that Wentz is God’s gift to football and Goff is just a mediocre guy.

/End rant.

And he has a stronger arm than Wentz. Don't @me, 58 mph velocity on combine, 62mph on tape. they don't clock that shit for fairy tales and rainbows. Not to mention, Fisher himself said that's why they drafted Goff instead of Wentz.
Goff1_hjk60k.gif

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
To be honest, not sure the OP was about who was the better selection

More like it can be argued Goff overall actually has better numbers in more categories yet Wentz gets all the MVP hype

Or something like that

Last edited:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Better than or second place aside . I'll say from what I've watched during a few (random) Eagles games Wentz goes to passing (audible execution over original call no clue) concluded TDs over Blount, Clements,Smallwood (I think) and now the addition of Ajayi within the 10. Shit I think they still imploy Kenyon Barner too. Footprints remiscent of ol Chip Kelly's leftovers who knows. However I've also seen a balance of quick slants and plays extended by his scrambling to Ertz Agholor and whomever else like Jeffery.... sorta cough Brady esque execution comparison. Ehh... whatever Goff and our offense so far pretty fucking amazing. Expecting a compromise of both QBs (so far will never happen) . It's always going to be a divided can't resist appetizer of love hate and beyond insanity individual stat to stat debates. Disclaimer...totally lost my flow of what I intended to say many many minutes ago..... Knibb High Football Rules :yay:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It doesn't feel like much of a loser either way in this debate. Let's hope that continues for years and years.

Wentz is getting a lot of love, but his team is 10-1 and widely regarded as the best in football right now.

I get it. But that doesn't mean I'd swap :sneaky:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they both are going to be great and after suffering thru decades of Peyton vs Brady, which morphed in to Brady vs Rodgers, I relish the opportunity to be debating that they are clearly the best 2 QB in football and 1 of them plays on our team!

Psycho_X

Legend
Both deserve praise but saying one is better than the other in the middle of their second year is so pointless. Either way, the Rams and Eagles both hit the jackpot next to each other. Now it's about which organization builds the better team around them that'll matter.

I will say though, I wish we had a Zach Ertz because it makes shit real easy when you have that option roaming the linebackers. Hopefully Everett develops into that guy.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I will say though, I wish we had a Zach Ertz because it makes crap real easy when you have that option roaming the linebackers. Hopefully Everett develops into that guy.

With Higbee and Everetts respective skill sets, I can see their roles developing into a similar way the Puketriots used Gronk/Hernandez.
But um... without the uh... you know, um, the murders and stuff..

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both deserve praise but saying one is better than the other in the middle of their second year is so pointless. Either way, the Rams and Eagles both hit the jackpot next to each other. Now it's about which organization builds the better team around them that'll matter.

I will say though, I wish we had a Zach Ertz because it makes crap real easy when you have that option roaming the linebackers. Hopefully Everett develops into that guy.
And hilariously the browns missed out on both (I mean they could have traded up to one for Goff or stayed out for Wentz )

fearsomefour

Legend

/End rant.
That and the fact Wentz Simon the east coast.
If Goff was having the same season for a 6-5 Giants team the press would be finishing all over themselves about his play.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think over 10 years or so we will know which guy is better. Trying to rack and stack them now is a waste of time.

Also does it matter who ends up better if they both have HoF careers? I think that is possible but like comparing them it is too early to know for sure.

It is like sayin one fighter is better 3/4 through the first round.
Even the big picture will be tough to compare guys.
One teams D goes to hell, the others running game sucks. One team switches to a much more conservative approach on O.
Guys change teams, injuries.
Sort of silly.
I would say both are doing very well.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm a tad biased in this discussion and I understand the numbers, but Wentz has the ability to make something out of nothing, whereas, Goff lives to fight on the next play. That at this point is where the difference lies IMHO and next week all of us will get the see the showdown.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
All their numbers compare except for one. The OP has it wrong when he states that the Rams hand it off to Gurley in the Red Zone.

Where these two QB's differ greatly is Wentz finishes drives with RZ TD's and Goff ends up letting Zurlien finish with FG's.

With the number of Red Zone opportunities the Rams have had, Goff should be equal to Wentz in TD's.

Blame it on whoever, Goff, McVay, Lafluer... point is, Rams need to get better in RZ. 80 yd drives ending FG's isn't going to cut it in the playoffs.

Ram65

Legend
I'm a tad biased in this discussion and I understand the numbers, but Wentz has the ability to make something out of nothing, whereas, Goff lives to fight on the next play. That at this point is where the difference lies IMHO and next week all of us will get the see the showdown.

Good point.

A play I wondered about against the Vikings was when Goff got 9 yards or so on 2nd and 13. He slid before IIRC a LBer was a couple yards in front of him. I think the next play was the Kupp catch fumble at the one. I think Wentz would have not slid and tried to fake the LBer and or run over him. The point here is that Wentz's running ability and strength give him dimensions to his game that Goff doesn't have. One thing to watch is if Wentz takes a hit or two too many when making something happen.

All their numbers compare except for one. The OP has it wrong when he states that the Rams hand it off to Gurley in the Red Zone.

Where these two QB's differ greatly is Wentz finishes drives with RZ TD's and Goff ends up letting Zurlien finish with FG's.

With the number of Red Zone opportunities the Rams have had, Goff should be equal to Wentz in TD's.

Blame it on whoever, Goff, McVay, Lafluer... point is, Rams need to get better in RZ. 80 yd drives ending FG's isn't going to cut it in the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to watch both QBs playing tougher opponents. Wentz hasn't been challenged much while Goff has big numbers against the weaker opponents. Wentz's TD's in the redzone is amazing against any team. The Eagles have scored a TD 71.79% of the time while the Rams are at a TD 50% of the time.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

nighttrain

Legend

/End rant.
Goff can sling it!
train

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I love my quarterback, but you're forgetting an important "stat". 10-1 compared to 8-3.

nighttrain

Legend
agin i'm gonna quote the great Kenny Stabler,
"I've seen a lot of great young running QB's, but NEVER AN OLD ONE!"
train

Last edited:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

I agree. Philly is better at Finishing drives. That falls right at the feet of McVay and Goff. It will get better.