Jared Goff: "I promise you guys it will get fixed. Everything in my heart and soul."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
How many times have EVERYONE Fisher Snead Goff say he never called plays in a huddle before never had to change plays at the line that's one of the main reasons he wasn't ready to get on the field.

:thinking: Dunno - how many?

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Anyone with eyes can see that Goff has more pure talent as a passer. He's yet to demonstrate the ability to process information and 'trust' receivers the same way though. It's funny how Keenum trusted the same idiot quitters that Goff isn't expected to trust, though. What does that tell you about Goff, if anything?

fisher had said that goff would start when the chance for the playoffs was gone.so imo that is when some of the players (don't want to say quit) started not giving 100%. I admit that goff may not be the answer but imo 7 games are to soon to judge. if next year we start any rookies should they be held to the same standard as the vets after 7 games

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many times have EVERYONE Fisher Snead Goff say he never called plays in a huddle before never had to change plays at the line that's one of the main reasons he wasn't ready to get on the field.

He never called plays in a huddle in college. He ran a no-huddle offense. But he had the ability to change plays at the LOS, change protections, and change the routes of the receivers. All of that was already confirmed by both Sonny Dykes and Tony Franklin (and Goff himself). There is also a monumental difference between the verbiage used in a college Air Raid offense and the verbiage used in our system.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's just hope he is better next year I would hate for all the optimism to be misplaced

Rambo

UDFA
Just a couple things I thought of based on other comments here:

-Another good thing about Goff is his running ability. Thats one thing he has over Bradford and over a lot of other QBs in the league. He's unusual in that he's tall but fast at the same time.

-I think he hesitated to throw sometimes because he was coached by Fisher to just manage the game and avoid turnovers/interceptions.

-This will probably be unpopular but I think this offense misses Jared Cook. I think he got a really bad rap from fans because of a couple drops and a fight he had with Austin Davis. He's actually an excellent TE (just ask Aaron Rodgers), and before this year was essentially the Rams #1 receiver.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Just a couple things I thought of based on other comments here:

-Another good thing about Goff is his running ability. Thats one thing he has over Bradford and over a lot of other QBs in the league. He's unusual in that he's tall but fast at the same time.

-I think he hesitated to throw sometimes because he was coached by Fisher to just manage the game and avoid turnovers/interceptions.

-This will probably be unpopular but I think this offense misses Jared Cook. I think he got a really bad rap from fans because of a couple drops and a fight he had with Austin Davis. He's actually an excellent TE (just ask Aaron Rodgers), and before this year was essentially the Rams #1 receiver.
Goff looked average as runner, he could improve. 2 ypa. 39th among QB's in rushing yards.

Cook was bad last season, at a glance his stats this season look awful.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

871be8f0676de6ba477ca5733454ec84.jpg

Rambo

UDFA
Goff looked average as a runner, he could improve.

Cook was bad last season, at a glance his stats this season look awful.
Cook was injured most of this year.

Rams coaches agree with me because theyve said it (Goffs running ability) is something they want to take advantage of.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Cook was injured most of this year.

Rams coaches agree with me because theyve said it (Goffs running ability) is something they want to take advantage of.
Ok, Cook was healthy last year an played poorly. He wasn't our #1 last year.

What coaches, the ones already gone or about to be? He can definitely improve, I'm not denying that. But he wasn't overly impressive running, especially when you compare him to other QB's. And after watching the hits that he has taken while running, I wouldn't want Goff trying to rush too much.

jap

Legend
All of you suckers that are against Jared or even on the damn fence ought to have your heads examined. At this point he possesses the potential to be the very best, the greatest, the acme of everything an NFL QB could be. Don't you all realize he is actually a top secret Aaron Rodgers clone, with Aaron's DNA spliced together with Kree DNA through advanced, alien-enhanced medical facilities of S.H.I.E.L.D.? What the hell do ya think this man-child is gonna be when he finally comes into his own? Why, being anti-Jared is almost as bad as being anti-Dani!!! How un-American is that!!!!!!:boxing::lifting::wabbit::double::shooting::seizure:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I still think Goff will be good when the game slows down for him
This is my thought as well. I really think the game was moving too fast for him this season, and that is to be expected when a rookie QB doesn't get first team reps until he is anointed the starter. For me, it explains a lot of what we saw from him this year, including his hesitance to get the ball out on those longer routes at times. The timing just wasn't there.

As I recall, Sam also was reluctant to push the ball downfield as a rookie, and for many of the same reasons. Questionable protection and average at best WR talent (not to mention Pat Shurmer's offense). Sam is back in that Pat Shurmer scheme now, which I think he is most comfortable, so I was not surprised to see him play well this year. I am not sure he goes to that next level next year, but he played well enough this season to be optimistic.

I actually see a lot of similarities in Goff and Bradford. Sam throws a hotter ball on those short and intermediate routes, and sometimes to his detriment, but I have seen Goff throw with plenty of heat on those routes as well. The one concern I had with Goff was the way the ball tended to sail on some of the shorter out routes. That and the ball tended to flutter on many of his throws. I have to admit that the first thing that makes me think of is his "small hands". All that aside, I think he will make HUGE strides in this, his first true FULL off season. Hopefully he adds some strength and weight and is able to work on timing with whichever WRs we still have on the roster.

This off season and forthcoming training camp will be huge for the young man.....and yes, he is exactly that. A 23 year old QB that has less than half a seasons worth of starts on what was a seriously dysfunctional organization that had just uprooted and moved halfway across the country. These aren't meant to be excuses. But they are obstacles that would impede any young player and especially a QB. I love his attitude, and as long as he is determined to correct all that is in HIS power to correct, I think he will be fine.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@jap
forgot the blue font

I liked Jared Cook too...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how Cook's drop at the end of the 1st half allowed Green Bay one more play, which turned out to be a TD.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
“Akili Smith will be a great NFL player and would finally provide the Cincinnati Bengals with the passer they’d lacked since Boomer Esiason.”
“If he (Clausen) is not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done. That’s it. I’m out.”
“He (Andre Ware) will be an excellent NFL quarterback.”
“Three years from now you could be looking at a guy (Jamarcus Russell) that’s certainly one of the elite top 5 quarterbacks in the league.”
“His (Ryan Leaf's) attitude will be an asset in the NFL…”

Tell me why Kiper is all of a sudden the premier NFL Soothsayer?
Lmao on the Ryan Leaf comment

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I'm of the opinion that Goff could have been ready if that was the Rams' goal. There was no discord in the locker room when the Rams made Bradford the starter from Day 1.

I respectfully disagree that it was the right call. The Rams made a lot of wrong calls this past off-season. That was one of many.
I agree. Does anybody think RG3 is all that smart. He played in a similar offense in college and yet the Redskins created an offense he could call and play well. They tailored it to his skills and experience. I heared in one game from the announcer that some of the rams plays calls had 17 words in it. Crap, you tell me your phone number the first time and you will have to tell 3 more times before I can repeat it. They couldn't find a simpler way to make a play call. I bet RG3 didn't make any call that long. No, it was the way the coaching went about getting him ready.