Janoris Jenkins signs with NY Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't believe we get a "Comp Pick" for a free Agent!! Or am I wrong?

Thats exactly when you get compensatory picks for. Some magical formula calculates how much you lost in free agency (dollars/playing time/stats) vs how much you gained and gives picks based off of that. So far we've lost 100mil worth and gained 0.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't think this hurts us too much. It surely helps that we didn't overpay. I won't miss trying to decipher his babble though. This has to increase the odds of signing our other FAs so there's that! Good luck Janoris. You are now in the rear view mirror. GO RAMS!!!

RamBill

Legend
The former St. Louis Rams CB will be right behind Darrelle Revis as the highest-paid corner in the NFL. Johnathan Vilma and Chris Canty both like the move for the Giants.

Watch Jenkins Discussion

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Eh. If the Giants offered more money, that's his prerogative. Although, I hope he took cost of living into account. Because New York is crazy expensive.(so is LA)
LA isn't even in the same ballpark as NY City for cost of housing and entertainment. And we'll see how he loves the NY fan base the first time he bites on a double move.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This warm weather snap was perfect timing for New York to lure JJ. He got there to talk and they said - "Sure, it is this way all winter long in the Northeast!" He took another toke, looked at the blue sky and sunshine and said - "Sign me up!"

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe he'll fail his physical and return to us!

Can you take a physical with a joint in your mouth?

I don't believe we get a "Comp Pick" for a free Agent!! Or am I wrong?

I thought they do. It gets evaluated for next seasons 2017 draft though. This one could be a second rounder......at least a third since he is the second highest paid corner in the game.

Jenkins said he was looking for a team that would give him a deal that would show the "respect" he believed he deserved

He felt that he needed to feel respected because his ego was seriously gashed when Anquon Bolden and Steve Smith totally Disrespected him on the field.

Pro Football Focus has him down for 22 touchdowns allowed in that same time span, third most in the NFL.

Ouch. That is what the Giants are paying for? What?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Can't keep em all. Fisher's MO has always been about pass rush. Lets hope he is stressing the front seven a bit more and signing Hayes, Simms and Barron. Add in Verner or Kirby and their good to go.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This my friends is how you end up with the moniker of "the youngest team in the league" year after year...
We'll build thru the draft....

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He got his money . Now let's see how well he plays ?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Can't keep em all. Fisher's MO has always been about pass rush. Lets hope he is stressing the front seven a bit more and signing Hayes, Simms and Barron. Add in Verner or Kirby and their good to go.
This.

Get a good enough pass-rush and all of your corners are gonna look good.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

giphy.gif

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
next time make sure your secondary doesnt have several contracts due at once.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
not happy but I'll be OK if Gaines steps up and delivers.....

Psycho_X

Legend
Man if he thought people over reacted to shit he posted on twitter before wait till he has New York and it's, over react to everything, media up his ass.

Rampacious

UDFA
Hi All,
First post here, but I've been enjoying the board from the background for a while, I'll do an intro post when all the FA madness has settled down, but some of you may remember me as Azul e Oro from the "Scottish board".

Now to the Ram matters at hand.I liked JJ & always have, I think there's room for a gambling ballhawk in any secondary, but he wasn't the better option over TruJo in this defense & vs the current NFCW offenses. I also think JJ's 2015 performance was classic contract year fool's gold. Of course, I'd have preferred that he had stayed for the sake of continuity/cohesion & his big play ability, but I also suspect that he will become complacent/even more prone to ego-driven risk-taking now that he's been paid. I think we're more likely to hear about his shooting himself in the butt, either figuratively on the field or literally off the field, than his becoming a reliable shutdown corner of the Revis caliber, pun intended.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
5 years 62 million with 29-30 guaranteed. My be he's a cap casualty before that contract is done.

they all turn into 2 or 3 year deals in the end don't they? unless you're a stud every year of the contract.