Janoris Jenkins signs with NY Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LA isn't even in the same ballpark as NY City for cost of housing and entertainment. And we'll see how he loves the NY fan base the first time he bites on a double move.

Well, the "New York" teams are actually in New Jersey. A bit cheaper there. He can live in relatively inexpensive NJ close to the practice field, still have a convenient way to get to NYC to party.

I thought they do. It gets evaluated for next seasons 2017 draft though. This one could be a second rounder......at least a third since he is the second highest paid corner in the game.

Highest comp picks are at the end of the third round, and not many of those get handed out. And it also depends on who the Rams end up signing. Hopefully somebody they want is cut for cap reasons - that doesn't affect compensation.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hysterical! A few days ago people wanted to resign JJ but not spend too much. Now he's paid a top 10 corner salary and the Rams are idiots (for doing it just like fans wanted them to do). Same goes for McLeod.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, the "New York" teams are actually in New Jersey. A bit cheaper there. He can live in relatively inexpensive NJ close to the practice field, still have a convenient way to get to NYC to party.
While true, I don't see many LA players opting to buy houses in Reseda, Carson, or Canoga Park. No offense to anyone living in those areas, I grew up on Corbin and Parthenia. It is just that maybe New Jersey is cheap and I love how green it is but I just don't see players like JJ living there if for no other reason that it wouldn't portray the image he seems to covet. As far as bang for the buck and being in the middle of the action, LA vs NYC isn't all that close. Of course take that for what it is as I have spent limited time in NJ. But it didn't seem like a simple jaunt down the street to get to the happenin' places in NYC.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bergen County - where the Giants play - is literally a couple of miles and either a tunnel or a bridge to Manhattan.

I don't know if ANY Giants players live in Manhattan, since the tax difference is huge. Far cheaper for a star player to have a limo on standby to take you into Manhattan any night you are in town. I know I've seen lists in the past of all the star players choosing to live in premier areas in Bergen.

jec1521

UDFA
While true, I don't see many LA players opting to buy houses in Reseda, Carson, or Canoga Park. No offense to anyone living in those areas, I grew up on Corbin and Parthenia. It is just that maybe New Jersey is cheap and I love how green it is but I just don't see players like JJ living there if for no other reason that it wouldn't portray the image he seems to covet. As far as bang for the buck and being in the middle of the action, LA vs NYC isn't all that close. Of course take that for what it is as I have spent limited time in NJ. But it didn't seem like a simple jaunt down the street to get to the happenin' places in NYC.

Bergen County - where the Giants play - is literally a couple of miles and either a tunnel or a bridge to Manhattan.

I don't know if ANY Giants players live in Manhattan, since the tax difference is huge. Far cheaper for a star player to have a limo on standby to take you into Manhattan any night you are in town. I know I've seen lists in the past of all the star players choosing to live in premier areas in Bergen.

I have lived in Bergen County my entire life. Akrasian is right on. Giants and Jets players all live in NJ. Giants live in Bergen County (Other than Eli, who lives in Hoboken) and Jets live in Morris County (Closer to their practice facility in Florham Park)

Just doesn't make sense logistically or financially for any of them to live in NYC. That being said, Bergen County still has some of the most expensive zip codes in the country. So it not exactly a bargain either.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I grew up on Corbin and Parthenia.
I know this area really well!! My "Future Wife" used to live near Parthenia and Sepulveda. I was raised in the Van Nuys/Panorama City area!
I think the best are for the Players with Kids to live, in California anyway, would be Westlake!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know this area really well!! My "Future Wife" used to live near Parthenia and Sepulveda. I was raised in the Van Nuys/Panorama City area!
I think the best are for the Players with Kids to live, in California anyway, would be Westlake!
Yeah - my dad was a fireman at Van Nuys. As kids we used to skateboard down and watch them build the Northridge mall. It used to be a neat area. We lived in what used to be the old farm house next door to the 76 station catty corner from Dale's Market. It was a pretty cool place. It was on an acre when we first moved there in '65. My dad actually converted two horse stalls at the front of the house into my sister's and me and my brother's rooms.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah - my dad was a fireman at Van Nuys. As kids we used to skateboard down and watch them build the Northridge mall. It used to be a neat area. We lived in what used to be the old farm house next door to the 76 station catty corner from Dale's Market. It was a pretty cool place. It was on an acre when we first moved there in '65. My dad actually converted two horse stalls at the front of the house into my sister's and me and my brother's rooms.
" The Valley" was a great place to live then!! I remember all those places you mention well! I left for Viet Nam in Late 1965, Just after the "Watts Riot" settled down!

A55VA6

Legend
Wow. Admits to being lazy at the end of games. I'm glad he's gone.
--------------------------------------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...to-improve-on-not-being-lazy-at-end-of-games/

Janoris Jenkins: I need to improve on not being lazy at end of games
Posted by Josh Alper on March 10, 2016, 4:00 PM EST

488045594-e1457643586234.jpg

The Giants had problems at the end of games last year, losing five games that they led in the fourth quarter on the way to a 6-10 season.

That’s a big reason why the team has forked over $114 million in guaranteed money to four defensive players this week, including cornerback Janoris Jenkins. Jenkins signed a five-year, $62.5 million contract that accounts for $29 million of that guaranteed money and he showed he fits it with his new team in at least one way when he met the media on Thursday.

Jenkins was asked what part of his game needs to improve and said, via Jordan Raanan of NJ.com, that he needs to “stop being lazy at end of games.” It’s the kind of comment that will come back to haunt Jenkins on the back page of a tabloid should Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson or some other receiver beat him for a key score in the fourth quarter, although one presumes that the Giants watched full film of Jenkins’ efforts with the Rams before signing him to such a big contract.

Jenkins getting beat is something that happened far more frequently in his first three seasons than it did in 2015, so he may already be taking the right steps when it comes to his effort level. The Giants will hope that continues because more late-game flops won’t stop the team’s four-year streak of missing the playoffs.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah more I think about it I'll pass on his injury history. I'm hearing $12.8 per for Jenkins and he's not worth that.
How is he not worth that is Johnson worth the 14.3 he signed for?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, we signed the great Sehorn from them, so good for the Giants if this is true. Good for JJ, good for the Rams they didn't overpay, win-win all around. I enjoyed the entertainment of JJ but can't ignore the warning signs of his immaturity, and the comment that he did his job when the Rams lost, throwing his teammates under the bus (while being totally oblivious the Rams scheme of blitzing and strong DL pressure is the primary reason he did his job). The King Corn may find himself King Toast in NY (with all due apologies to Elvis Patterson) if he's put on an island more. But Spags scheme may be a good fit. I actually thought McLeod would go to the Giants based on fit, we'll see what safeties are backing up King Corn there.
You do the the Rams dB coach is there also he knows he Jenkins plays, the problem is now we are relying on a 3rd year player who missed and entire year and a 2nd yr player who still needs to learn the position. We could have afforded both Jenkins and Johnson honestly the Rams could have came better than 9 million per year for Jenkins who knows maybe the 10-11 would have kept him

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am back and forth on this.

You can't keep them all. But... I hate losing Jenkins.

RamWoodie

Legend
I think the Rams did the right thing. I knew someone in FA would overpay Jenkins. The kid was emerging as a top CB in this league...but so was Trumaine Johnson.

The Rams couldn't have both of them so they opted for TJ. I feel that was the wise move because TJ has the size of Jenkins...and Jenkins was a gambler. Let's be frank though...the kid has a knack for the moment...no other player has made more TDs off picks..so give the guy his due and still don't overlook his faults either. I didn't like how Jenkins was handling it either with the tweeting.

The Rams have good talent in Gaines and Roberson and they know that. It would have been nice to keep JJ...but you don't sell the farm to keep him.