Janoris Jenkins signs with NY Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I would just recommend holding off on the hatred until the ink dries on the contract. This new tampering window has allowed for multiple players to change their minds.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not gonna begrudge him. He missed out on alot of money when he fell down the draft board. Now he's made it back and more. And he has to play for spags so his 3rd contract is gonna be waaaaaaay lower.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Strictly the money cuz Jints are a terrible team right now. No defense or running game.
Good luck with the NY media JJ!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Wow. Lay off him guys. It's a business. Look what the Rams just did to Chris Long and James Lauranaitis. It's a business and when a team can cut you like that, you get hurt and only maybe play 8 r 9 years total if you're lucky how the heck can you blame a guy for wanting to get paid the best he can?

I'm disappointed because I think he can be a shutdown corner (or as close to that mythical beast as ever actually exists), but with us resigning Tru and Gaines coming back I think we're OK. Everyone moves up one on the depth chart but you want to ensure we've got good depth at nickel (which is now certainly Joyners no?) and the outside positions so I'd expect us to draft a guy or pick up a guy in free agency or both.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Sometimes loyalty should trump money and this is one of those times.Jenks had red flags coming out of college and was given a chance by Fisher.And while I'm not a big offensive Fisher fan he does know how to handle troubled players.Had Jenkins ended up somewhere else his career could've been very different. Especially early in his career when his play was mostly feast or famine. I get that players try to get the most money they can from their 2nd contract. But sometimes it would be nice to see players do the right thing and show loyalty and appreciation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would just recommend holding off on the hatred until the ink dries on the contract. This new tampering window has allowed for multiple players to change their minds.

When does free agency officially start?

I'm not gonna begrudge him. He missed out on alot of money when he fell down the draft board. Now he's made it back and more. And he has to play for spags so his 3rd contract is gonna be waaaaaaay lower.

He fell down draft boards for good reasons, and it was his own fault.

Wow. Lay off him guys. It's a business. Look what the Rams just did to Chris Long and James Lauranaitis. It's a business and when a team can cut you like that, you get hurt and only maybe play 8 r 9 years total if you're lucky how the heck can you blame a guy for wanting to get paid the best he can?

I'm disappointed because I think he can be a shutdown corner (or as close to that mythical beast as ever actually exists), but with us resigning Tru and Gaines coming back I think we're OK. Everyone moves up one on the depth chart but you want to ensure we've got good depth at nickel (which is now certainly Joyners no?) and the outside positions so I'd expect us to draft a guy or pick up a guy in free agency or both.

Why do people tell other people how to feel? You don't begrudge him, others do. It is their emotions. People react differently.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now we go out and sign Prince for a bit less and come out better in the end.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Jenkins has always struggled with physical receivers. Steve Smith and Anquon Boldin made him look bad and it wasn't too hard. That is a detraction that wouldn't make him worth top dollar to me. The Giants are gambling big on him. However, he could be cut in three years if he doesn't pan out. It is suprising how often that happens with free agents.

It seems that either Super superstars like Reggie White that know how to lead or second round free agents work out best. Throw in some low cost filler and your set.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I say good for Jenkins, and good for the Rams.

The kid can play but this is overpaying.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The bigger problem is that we'll be losing players that are entering their primes. Should've been competitive 3 years ago. Feels like the window is closing

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Now we go out and sign Prince for a bit less and come out better in the end.

I am not that high on Amukamara. He is not very physical and has been injured. Give me Casey Hayward or Pacman Jones.......Robinson from the Saints would work too.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not that high on Amukamara. He is not very physical and has been injured. Give me Casey Hayward or Pacman Jones.......Robinson from the Saints would work too.
Yeah more I think about it I'll pass on his injury history. I'm hearing $12.8 per for Jenkins and he's not worth that.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The bigger problem is that we'll be losing players that are entering their primes. Should've been competitive 3 years ago. Feels like the window is closing

I agree I just have that sinking feeling ...we need to get our guys resigned we could lose the core of what was a playoff level D at times ...and what with the holes we needed to fill and new ones being created ....going to be an interesting off season

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Hey, we signed the great Sehorn from them, so good for the Giants if this is true. Good for JJ, good for the Rams they didn't overpay, win-win all around. I enjoyed the entertainment of JJ but can't ignore the warning signs of his immaturity, and the comment that he did his job when the Rams lost, throwing his teammates under the bus (while being totally oblivious the Rams scheme of blitzing and strong DL pressure is the primary reason he did his job). The King Corn may find himself King Toast in NY (with all due apologies to Elvis Patterson) if he's put on an island more. But Spags scheme may be a good fit. I actually thought McLeod would go to the Giants based on fit, we'll see what safeties are backing up King Corn there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200.gif

We have guys ready to step up and a draft and FA right around the "corner". We all knew Janoris was playing up for a contract last season. Before this season 90% of this board wanted him gone anyway for getting torched every other week.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Yeah more I think about it I'll pass on his injury history. I'm hearing $12.8 per for Jenkins and he's not worth that.

Agree it's too much. He"kl get paid and go back to giving up stupid tds with blown assignments with the safety to blame. Until his next contract year where it'll be all "#clamps" again.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree I just have that sinking feeling ...we need to get our guys resigned we could lose the core of what was a playoff level D at times ...and what with the holes we needed to fill and new ones being created ....going to be an interesting off season
Yeah. This is why many of us were pessimistic about fishers sense of urgency during seasons. We could lose McLeod and Hayes as well. Maybe Barron too. Tavon is coming up next year. Etc.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I figured someone would offer him stupid money. I would have rather kept both corners, but I agree with a decision to not give up elite corner money.

My concern right now is that we haven't heard squat from ANY of our FAs. If JJ does leave, we're down 3 starters on D, with essentially 3 more still not under contract.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Shame - I would have liked to have kept that unit the same for the season moving forward....