Janoris Jenkins signs with NY Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just heard on BSPN. Piss off Janoris.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/janoris-jenkins-expected-to-sign-with-the-giants/

One of the best cornerbacks available in free agency appears set to choose New York over Los Angeles.

Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins is poised to sign with the Giants, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported and a source confirmed to PFT.

The Rams had interest in keeping Jenkins, although doing so would have been expensive, and perhaps too expensive after cornerback Trumaine Johnson signed his $14 million franchise tender.

Jenkins has been a starter in all four of his seasons since the Rams drafted him in 2012, and now he’ll be the No. 1 cornerback for the Giants.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope you like the weather in December ya prick.....

tempests

Hall of Fame
I don't understand insulting the guy for going with the best offer on the table.

My opinion of him as a person and player won't change. The guy showed growth on the field and off, no arrests, no suspensions and his last two years with the Rams were his best. Deserved to get paid. Good luck to him.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This is the business I'm afraid. The Rams clearly felt his salary demands outweighed what he added to the team so he's gone. We've just got to trust the front office when making these decisions.

Good teams don't overpay. Hopefully when people look back on this in however many years' time, it'll be seen as the smart move on our part.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curious about the money he gets. He's absolutely not worth some of the huge numbers being thrown around.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He will have a good decent year and then return back to his game costing mistakes. I was never a fan.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't understand insulting the guy for going with the best offer on the table.

My opinion of him as a person and player won't change. The guy showed growth on the field and off, no arrests, no suspensions and his last two years with the Rams were his best. Deserved to get paid. Good luck to him.

I understand it. The Rams are starting to get closer to being a contender. They can't really afford to lose good players right now. Plus Jenkins talked about LA and playing in warm weather and keeping the Defensive backfield intact "Migos". It gave a lot of fans hope.....Now they are pissed because he turned his back on them. Fan stands for Fanatic. Natural to me and that passion is what makes sports so much fun.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He will have a good decent year and then return back to his game costing mistakes. I was never a fan.

This. So long as the money saved is well spent, I have no trouble with this. He'll be good at times, and frustrating at times. If there's one thing I trust the Snisher regime on though, it's finding good deals on the secondary. I'd rather they spend money on the offense, especially receivers, since they don't seem to develop any.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I understand it. The Rams are starting to get closer to being a contender. They can't really afford to lose good players right now. Plus Jenkins talked about LA and playing in warm weather and keeping the Defensive backfield intact "Migos". It gave a lot of fans hope.....Now they are pissed because he turned his back on them. Fan stands for Fanatic. Natural to me and that passion is what makes sports so much fun.

Yeah, I'm a fan, but all I am is disappointed he won't be back.

Wouldn't expect him to turn down a raise just to make me happy.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
personally always felt he was a little overated .... I don't blame him following the money glad it wasn't the rams giving it to him ...I said in a post ages ago he wouldn't be back as a ram

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
At least $12m per year is excessive for a CB who was outstanding in 2015 but prone to huge errors prior to that. I'm ok with the Rams not meeting those demands if the numbers quoted turn out to be accurate.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh. If the Giants offered more money, that's his prerogative. Although, I hope he took cost of living into account. Because New York is crazy expensive.(so is LA)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if any of the old Rams warned Jenkins about how terrible Spagnuolo is?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm not happy and the fact that he's a Giant is worse, but I hope he likes the cold wind of December....Also I will be in London-town come October and I hope he does not intercept the ball and take it the distance.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not taking the high road..screw him. I hope his career goes into sh*tter....Fisher and the Rams took a chance on this clown, and the risk happened to payoff (mostly)...I hope the Rams make the playoffs for the next few years, while the Giants self destruct..I guess Janoris can count his money, out to lawyers when he f*cks up!

ok, that was cathartic:rant:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I'm a fan, but all I am is disappointed he won't be back.

Wouldn't expect him to turn down a raise just to make me happy.

There are more than one kind of fan. Some are calm and cool others are very passionate and easily angered or elated. I don't judge people for their varying degrees of emotion.