It's time to start Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn't mind Keenum getting a look but I don't think it would matter until the passing game play calling was changed a bit. Playing for the tie late in the 4th quarter makes sense in a way but it also shows a lack of trust in the passing game. Any offense is going to struggle if it is so one dimensional. It was a tough road game. So it goes.
Foles made some nice throws today and missed some guys. But third down is so predictable at this point....one could call almost every WR screen before they were run. Just not willing to take any chances in the pass game....what I mean by chances is trusting the QB to make a play with the intermediate passing game. Foles throws a nice deep ball and I enjoy the deep shots but they are still usually isolated coverages. The team doesn't seem willing to trust the passing game....this eliminates some risk but also eliminates the chance for the offense to make a play.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw Jared cook drop two 3rd down passes right to him. Stalling drives.

Our online today has maybe 1 player that might be able to start on another NFL team.
i can no longer defend him (nor should the other team). one would have been a great catch, but when you're a top paid TE, that's what you're supposed to do. Kendricks certainly isnt any worse. and Harkey is a better blocker. i would like to see tavon throw out of his sweep play to someone, but then it would be Cook and he would of course..........................Drop it.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't mind Keenum getting a look but I don't think it would matter until the passing game play calling was changed a bit. Playing for the tie late in the 4th quarter makes sense in a way but it also shows a lack of trust in the passing game. Any offense is going to struggle if it is so one dimensional. It was a tough road game. So it goes.
Foles made some nice throws today and missed some guys. But third down is so predictable at this point....one could call almost every WR screen before they were run. Just not willing to take any chances in the pass game....what I mean by chances is trusting the QB to make a play with the intermediate passing game. Foles throws a nice deep ball and I enjoy the deep shots but they are still usually isolated coverages. The team doesn't seem willing to trust the passing game....this eliminates some risk but also eliminates the chance for the offense to make a play.
i wouldnt trust this passing game. early on the PA was working until Minn challenged it with blitzing. it's up to the Rams to counter the vikings at that point (or the QB). that loss to the steelers and this one will hurt because each game was winnable. the OL lack of experience is really coming into play. i can easily say that with saffold at RG and brown at left, this may have been a different game. shout out to trumaine johnson for his awesome interception. without that, Rams lose in regulation.

fearsomefour

Legend
i wouldnt trust this passing game. early on the PA was working until Minn challenged it with blitzing. it's up to the Rams to counter the vikings at that point (or the QB). that loss to the steelers and this one will hurt because each game was winnable. the OL lack of experience is really coming into play. i can easily say that with saffold at RG and brown at left, this may have been a different game. shout out to trumaine johnson for his awesome interception. without that, Rams lose in regulation.
The strange choice to go for 2 after the first score factors in too....the Rams may have won in regulation if they just kicked the extra point. Strange choice.
Johnson played well again. Very uneven game in terms of officiating. Both teams DBs were holding all day long. Some got called, some did not. I am glad the refs corrected themselves on the Johnson pick cause that was a great play.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
It's not time for Mannion. He needs a couple years.

Last thing we need is a bunch of picks. Foles has taken care of the ball outside of the debacle in Lambeau.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Foles is the new scape goat. The guy is fine. Yeah he overthrew a couple guys. You try being accurate with three defensive lineman in your face about to kill you. The guy has no time to do anything. Yet he still gets off a bunch of beautiful passes every week. It's not his fault when they're dropped(looking at you Tavon). You all act like he came out and put up 30% completion rates. Factor in all the drops that should have been catches and he'll be in the 60-65% range like most QBs. No TDs? Boo who. Tavon dropped a sure TD pass and Britt was very close to another. It's a team sport for a reason. Give the guy a real threat at receiver and see what he can do. Cough cough(Jackson, Maclin). I place this loss on the shit and predictable play calling. Just because something works, doesn't mean run the EXACT same play to start every drive. Pre-schoolers can diagnose that after seeing it 5 times.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It's not time for Mannion. He needs a couple years.

Last thing we need is a bunch of picks. Foles has taken care of the ball outside of the debacle in Lambeau.

Exactly. Mannion wasn't drafted to play in 2015, he was drafted to be developed for future seasons. The worst thing we could do right now is to throw him to the dogs when he's nowhere near ready and ruin him - and thus waste a draft pick. I don't know how good Mannion can be if he's properly developed, but I'm pretty damn sure he won't be worth a damn if we throw him out there right now when so much else is unsettled.

In general, I think rookie QB's should sit rather than start in most cases. There are the rare few like Elway and Manning that can navigate their way through a tough rookie season and go on to become good QB's. Right now there are way too many QB's busting (often times high first rounders) because they are thrown out there on crap teams with no time to develop on the bench.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
And this thread is the exact reason I have cut back on posting in here anymore.

Maybe some should take their own advice. If you don't like what I post. Don't read it.

I was in no way trying to be inflammatory. But for whatever reason there are a few people who have jumped down my throat for some sort of previous personal issues with me.

That can be fixed very easily.

Cheers. I'm done.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

Maybe some should take their own advice. If you don't like what I post. Don't read it.

I was in no way trying to be inflammatory. But for whatever reason there are a few people who have jumped down my throat for some sort of previous personal issues with me.

Cheers. I'm done.

Don't worry about it, man. It's a typical overreaction after a tough loss. Some think drastic change needs to be taken after a difficult match up. Others know we just need consistency in what we are doing.

It's a dang shame because we would be talking Playoffs with a win. Since we lost, we deal with this garbage.

Winning cures all, man. Keep your chin up, now. You have lots of insight I enjoy reading. They're just jealous. (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Cheers. I'm done.

Coach, it's an internet forum. If you don't enjoy posting here, don't. Not worth doing something like this if you don't enjoy it. If it ruins your mood, find something else you enjoy doing. That's why I've stopped posting on other boards in the past.

Now, that all said, I like and respect your opinion. I enjoy reading what you have to say. But you're too thin-skinned. It's the internet. I doubt it's personal. And even if it is, you don't have to see these people in real life. Ignore them. This place is tame compared to other places...plus, you have an ignore feature. No reason to let others mess with your mood. (y)

fearsomefour

Legend
You may very well be right. I am sure that is the reason as Fisher (outside of special teams) is not a risk taker. It was hard to tell how windy it was. The Vikings choice to defer to open OT so they could chose their direction was telling for sure.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Foles is the new scape goat. The guy is fine. Yeah he overthrew a couple guys. You try being accurate with three defensive lineman in your face about to kill you. The guy has no time to do anything. Yet he still gets off a bunch of beautiful passes every week. It's not his fault when they're dropped(looking at you Tavon). You all act like he came out and put up 30% completion rates. Factor in all the drops that should have been catches and he'll be in the 60-65% range like most QBs. No TDs? Boo who. Tavon dropped a sure TD pass and Britt was very close to another. It's a team sport for a reason. Give the guy a real threat at receiver and see what he can do. Cough cough(Jackson, Maclin). I place this loss on the crap and predictable play calling. Just because something works, doesn't mean run the EXACT same play to start every drive. Pre-schoolers can diagnose that after seeing it 5 times.
The O-line was the best it's been in a while today, there was no excuse. He had time to throw, on his miss of Britt he had rolled out and bought time and never even looked at Britt and instead forced the checkdown to Austin and overthrew Quick with only one defender near him, I know getting hit sucks, but in the NFL you can't always expect to get a perfect pocket all the time.

You talk about scapegoating, but then immediately scapegoat the entire corp for Foles' poor play. Foles has played like crap, and he's being held accountable for it

jjab360

Legend
From what I saw in preseason, I can guarantee Mannion wouldn't be doing any better. Case Keenum, otoh...

jjab360

Legend
Mannion sucks, but all of you people piling on Rabid Ram are wrong as well. If you don't like the damn thread title, don't read the freaking thing. It's perfectly fine to be upset at a loss, but don't pile on a single member for venting. And you, Coach O: who died and made you king of all of us, your highness?
How is responding like this in such an inflammatory, excessively vulgar manner helping anybody in this situation? C'mon man...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How is responding like this in such an inflammatory, excessively vulgar manner helping anybody in this situation? C'mon man...
Why hasn't this thread been locked like I requested hours ago

jjab360

Legend
Why hasn't this thread been locked like I requested hours ago
Because you can't just close Pandora's Box after you've opened it up, you have to let nature take it's course and count your blessings.

And on a more serious note, the mods must've thought it warranted enough discussion to keep it open