It's time to start Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
No when someone add nothing meaningful I find it ridiculous. What good does it do to come in an post just stop?

I have no issue with anyone who has a different opinion but express it not just drop things to be controversial
@CoachO stated his opinion. Just because it was only two words it was still his opinion, to which he is entitled.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mannion sucks, but all of you people piling on Rabid Ram are wrong as well. If you don't like the damn thread title, don't read the fucking thing. It's perfectly fine to be upset at a loss, but don't pile on a single member for venting. And you, Coach O: who died and made you king of all of us, your highness?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
We know what we have In foles garbage
we know keenum is meh it's time to start Sean Mannion and see how it goes it can't be an worse then foles.

Really? We're 4-4 and you're ready to throw in the towel and the rest of the season? Yeah, I'm not happy about today's loss, but I also realize that Foles is the BEST option we have at QB. We had three guys playing out of position on the O-Line today, including a rookie starting his first game, which made it difficult for the offense to sustain anything. Foles was not the biggest problem on the field today.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Mannion sucks, but all of you people piling on Rabid Ram are wrong as well. If you don't like the damn thread title, don't read the freaking thing. It's perfectly fine to be upset at a loss, but don't pile on a single member for venting. And you, Coach O: who died and made you king of all of us, your highness?

No one piled on the OP. Posters just disagreed.

Would it have been better if everyone who disagreed simply not responded and let the OP believe that no one even wanted to read his opinion?

Quite frankly, your post may be the inflammatory of the them all.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No one piled on the OP. Posters just disagreed.

Would it have been better if everyone who disagree simply not responded and let the OP believe that no one even wanted to read his opinion?

Actually? Yeah. Let the thread die on its own. Or disagree in a way that isn't being a total ass about it. I'm not saying that I'm immune to this, but I'm sick and fucking tired of people lording their opinions over others. It's what pissed me off about hammer, and it's starting to piss me off with certain other posters I've already mentioned.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Actually? Yeah. Let the thread die on its own. Or disagree in a way that isn't being a total ass about it. I'm not saying that I'm immune to this, but I'm sick and freaking tired of people lording their opinions over others. It's what pissed me off about hammer, and it's starting to pee pee me off with certain other posters I've already mentioned.

Well, if that's the case, then many might ask you the same question you asked @CoachO.

Think about it.;)

Memphis Ram

Legend

Oh I see. It's a @CoachO thing. Well I'll leave that alone.

But, in closing, as someone with no dog in your fight, I can honestly state that I saw absolutely nothing wrong with his posts. He simply disagreed tamely and later provided a reason why he disagreed. The OP appeared to overreact because of said disagreement and it appears to me that you took it to another level based upon what I understand now to be past issues. See ya.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
When we are officially eliminated from the playoffs, then sure, why not? But as for now, we still have a slight chance.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm close to locking this thread because it's ticking me off that some members here fail to understand the concept of not getting personal with one another instead of dealing strictly with the content of a fellow member's post. It's not really that complicated. Some just don't seem to give a damn and do what they want instead.

Btw I'm getting really tired of the foul language. Is that really the best some of you can come up with?

And finally; isn't this what the Vent thread is for? Why start multiple threads making complaints about players when we have a specific thread for that. Btw calling a Rams player "garbage" or "he sucks" may be fine for other sites but we tend to frown on that here.

It's your move.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I doubt that Mannion or Keenum, right now, could do a better job than Foles.

In a year or 2, yeah, Mannion might pass up Foles, but there's a reason why he was a 3rd rounder. Rarely, if ever, do 3rd round rookie QBs start. Foles and Wilson are examples of anomalies of rookies who were 3rd rounders who started.

jap

Legend
Johnny Hekker: "Mannion? Who the heck is Mannion? Has everyone forgotten who has the best QB rating on this team!?!"

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm with CoachO just stop it. That's the most ridiculous thing I have seen anyone suggest this year.

Foles has his problems but he still give this team the best chance to win. Mannion might not even be ready to play next year but I do think he has a chance to grow into a decent game manager.
Yes but unlike coach 0 atleast you gave an opinion on the matter. That being said as ridiculous as it sounded it still could have brought on conversation at the least.

TexasRam

Legend
I saw Jared cook drop two 3rd down passes right to him. Stalling drives.

Our online today has maybe 1 player that might be able to start on another NFL team.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm close to locking this thread because it's ticking me off that some members here fail to understand the concept of not getting personal with one another instead of dealing strictly with the content of a fellow member's post. It's not really that complicated. Some just don't seem to give a damn and do what they want instead.

Btw I'm getting really tired of the foul language. Is that really the best some of you can come up with?

And finally; isn't this what the Vent thread is for? Why start multiple threads making complaints about players when we have a specific thread for that. Btw calling a Rams player "garbage" or "he sucks" may be fine for other sites but we tend to frown on that here.

It's your move.
Please just lock it up people would just rather say "stupidest idea" or two word replies then have a true conversation so its not worth the drama.

Going forward prime I will go back to just lurking sorry prime didn't mean to pee pee you off

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When we are officially eliminated from the playoffs, then sure, why not? But as for now, we still have a slight chance.
the Rams can still finish at 10-6 (2 losses to either cinn, ariz or sea) the only thing hurting now is that GB and Minn have a tiebreaker on the Rams. i guess some forget that Mannion looked very average during the preseason games. Foles isnt the whole problem. a very inexperienced OLine is hurting right now. WR's not coming up with good catches (cook and austin today). poorly timed penalties (although tony siragusa? said that the Ravens D from their superbowl win had lots of penalties due to being aggressive. this team at least has hope, compared to some of the garbage we all have been watching since 2006.