It's time to start Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's too early to throw away the season. We still have a shot at the playoffs, although a small one. The team is probably going thru the same thing as us on this board... anger, frustration, desperation... we need to stick together. If we don't play well, the sun will still rise tomorrow. It is way too early for Mannion, although if we don't see some kind of progress out of this offense I believe Fisher will be gone this year. And rightly so.

Are we really throwing away the season? Foles and Keenum haven't looked like NFL caliber passers the past two weeks.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
If Keenum can't play, what the hell. We know Foles isn't the future so who cares about playing Foles when he could maybe get this team to .500 with a good D. Would be nice to find the next mid round surprise at QB. Can he throw for under 125 yards? I think he's smart enough to check the ball down on time enough to generate 125. Also, show me Wienke is worth a paycheck coaching these QBs. Is he using the Stevie Wonder Method while teaching?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
there will be all for getting Bradford back soon...
Sign me up....bet his deal is cheaper this time....ahahahahahahah, LOL

because it really is time to start Mannion. The season is dead. Foles and Keenum have looked awful. Let's see what this kid can do. If he struggles, he struggles. But let's get him NFL action. It's not like we're going to cut him anyways after the year. So let's see what he can do. If he struggles, we'll go get a guy this off-season and Mannion can compete with him. If he looks great, we have our answer.

I'm tired of watching guys that have no future with this team. Let's see what Mannion is made of. Get him reps this week with the #1 unit.
Finally turned around completely too...didn't know Rabid made a post about this...

Suddenly I'm not so crazy
Never was bro....Don't mind if people don't like your opinion...Be proud to be different. 2 things...I've seen Keenum, and I hate QB's with weak arms....And small frames....He was exciting in college, but a power run team needs the threat of the PA pass..The deep one, to get defenses out of the box...back the safeties up...Keenum wont do that....
Mannion I didn't like because of his last year in college...But I did respect his junior year...He was excellent.....And he has a decent arm, has the good size. The clincher for me was the loss to the Bears, we were effectively eliminated from the playoff race...Yeah, we're in the hunt, but thats just to keep the merchandise leaving the shelves...Might as well see if the kid can play...totally agree with you and others....

Who needs to evaluate him? "We"?
Players can only learn how to really play, by playing. Coaches can only evaluate players, real evals, not that pre-season leadership crap during games. Usually vs the best competition. I know you know that. Fish may lose his "vets", but most of these players are young and are looking for fat contracts. They'll play hard....
This ruin Mannion myth is just that...If he doesn't have the skills, say that. I'd say we "ruined" Keenum & Foles...they've looked horrible. I say we could be "ruining" Todd Gurley....This is football, Mannion has played a bunch of it. He's a smart guy...Give him an adequate plan..See if he's a starter or a #2....He needs all the remaining games for next year....So "we" can see what HE can do when the bullets are REAL.

I was thinking this for some time...Not Mannion, but Keenum...Since that Green Bay game...We had that game...It reminded me of Kurt, when we went to GB...And beat the hell outta them...It was the same stuff, breaks happening, but the offense was just...just...missing. And I only wanted Keenum because I knew Mannion wasn't getting as many reps...After last game, I wanna see, how WILL Mannion look? Even with ALL the 2nd team reps, and a week with the 1's, Keenum looked uncomfortable. Like he never ran some of the plays...And the dreaded late bomb/floater....the bouncing passes...The only thing Keenum did good was scramble...but he couldn't throw.. Same old Case, no real NFL talent.
Why waste 7 games? Evaluate Mannion. Is he the answer? Does he really need more time? Can anyone on the offense coach? Anyone? If he can succeed in Cinci, on the road...team coming off 2 losses...We may have something. He always looked good when he had talent around him. He found Brandon Cook, maybe he can find Tavon? Maybe he wants to use Quick, Britt, or Cook...Yeah, that one...Ours...the one who's looked good after being challenged. We need a change. Might as well be the QB spot.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I wouldn't put a player that is getting 0 reps in a game, with this decimated OL. To me, that would be irresponsible. Now, if the circumstances were different, I'd be all for it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I wouldn't put a player that is getting 0 reps in a game, with this decimated OL. To me, that would be irresponsible. Now, if the circumstances were different, I'd be all for it.
With Keenum's bell still ringing, he'll at least get 2nd team reps.....I say, continue to "rest" Foles...Give Mannion 100% of the 1st team snaps...See what he can do vs a playoff team. I bet he surprises some.... I have no doubts he can out-perform the previous starters...none.

TexasRam

Legend
There is no way in Hell Fisher starts Mannion right now. Not unless Kroenke Morphs into Jerry Jones overnight and decides to flex his Muscle. Which Aint happenin.

Fisher has a job on the line in case anyone didn't notice. In his Mind Fish hasn't given up. He knows we win out and we are in the playoffs. If we get past Cincy, the other games are winnable.

In Fish's Mind.

We won't see Mannion this year.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I just don't see it. Keenum's concussion definitely moves Mannion up the depth chart, but it's highly unlikely that he'd see anything but garbage time.

It's no secret that we're down to two questionable quarterbacks and to me, that circumstance necessitates the need to be conservative with the resources we have. I think Mannion would get killed out there with his current experience, and I don't want to see us scrambling to get Austin Davis back when we're down to one quarterback again.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't play him. Just not in the next two games. I'd be more likely to give him the last four games of the season depending on how it goes.

Honestly, the best that we can hope for at this point is for Foles to look in the mirror, see where his career as a quarterback is going, and really get his head on straight while stringing together a serious win streak. I know, it isn't going to happen, but it really is the best scenario for this season.