Its Goff time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You don't know what you're talking about, X.
Wow. That's a ballzy comment.

Throwing before the break.
Defender hasn't committed yet. Cooper at the 39.

5600ae8a11a74d4a909c5d3acc6ca0dc.png

Ball out. Defender begins to undercut, and can, because Cooper is now at the 41.

592f427996bf49e28a0b3c0327ff964e.png

Cooper now at the 42, and the defender had a better angle to the ball.
This was a lazy route. It wasn't a clean cut toward the sideline.

c6b66d3c8cd14c41a541ad594f54871b.png

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I was at the game. I witnessed Keenum underthrow a wide open receiver early in the game. It would have been a touchdown IF Keenum had the arm to get it there. The pick 6 was due to the slow motion travel time of Keenums throw, even though it was a short pass. When we were at the 4 minute mark in crunch time Keenum threw 2 ugly passes ( didn't help his case) If Goff is ready, so am I.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I think I'll take a few days off the forum after this game. I'm passed and I don't wanna make things worse by saying something I may regret later. See you all on Wednesday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Throwing before the break.
Defender hasn't committed yet. Cooper at the 39.

5600ae8a11a74d4a909c5d3acc6ca0dc.png

Ball out. Defender begins to undercut, and can, because Cooper is now at the 41.

592f427996bf49e28a0b3c0327ff964e.png

Cooper now at the 42, and the defender had a better angle to the ball.
This was a lazy route. It wasn't a clean cut toward the sideline.

c6b66d3c8cd14c41a541ad594f54871b.png
It wasn't supposed to be a clean cut towards the sideline. Look at your second picture. The play is designed to force the defender to come underneath the route or get picked. Your pictures conveniently missed Cooper having to slow down coming out of his break because the ball hung in the air and wasn't placed out in front of him.

You want to know the difference between Keenum and Goff? That throw. That is one of the toughest throws to make in football. You need a big arm to do it. You have to throw the ball with zip out in front of the WR or else there's a major risk it gets picked off. I've said many times that the plays that show you a QB's arm strength are intermediate routes to the sideline. That is one of them. Keenum doesn't have the arm to get it there. And on top of that, the ball wasn't thrown accurately.

Wow. That's a ballzy comment.

Yea, if you check the comment again, I edited that out. It wasn't meant to be condescending. But I saw that it came off as that. So I changed it to something less condescending that still made it clear that I think you're incorrect with your analysis.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
That's incorrect, X. He's trying to run the route as closely as he can to the other WR and DB to pick the CB. Keenum is supposed to put the ball out in front. Instead, Keenum's ball hung in the air and was under-thrown. That's 100% on Keenum.
He is not talking about that.he is talking about rounding the route off after the break which he did.Coopers route should have kept him on the 40.he lazily rounded it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is not talking about that.he is talking about rounding the route off after the break which he did

He ran that route correctly. I'm not even sure how a player rounds his route off AFTER the break. He got appropriate depth on the break and didn't drift unnecessarily. He gained only 1 yard of depth coming out of the break. That's completely normal on an intermediate out route. The problem there is the throw, not the route.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I'm just gonna put this out here to be devils advocate, but what if Goff goes in and plays poorly or the offense performs the same or worse?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It wasn't supposed to be a clean cut towards the sideline. Look at your second picture. The play is designed to force the defender to come underneath the route or get picked. Your pictures conveniently missed Cooper having to slow down coming out of his break because the ball hung in the air and wasn't placed out in front of him.

You want to know the difference between Keenum and Goff? That throw. That is one of the toughest throws to make in football. You need a big arm to do it. You have to throw the ball with zip out in front of the WR or else there's a major risk it gets picked off. I've said many times that the plays that show you a QB's arm strength are intermediate routes to the sideline. That is one of them. Keenum doesn't have the arm to get it there. And on top of that, the ball wasn't thrown accurately.
Guy. I've played the game, and I know what a receiver is supposed to do on an out route and how that play should unfold. And I've watched it 10 times. He didn't slow down. The whole route was the same 80% speed. He rounded it off, turned it slightly up, and spun his head around before he was already beaten to the spot he was supposed to be.

And you don't think I know that Goff would put more zip on that pass? Are you planning on telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to quarterbacks too now? Goff could throw that pass harder than Peyton Manning as well. What does that mean to me? The route was lazy, not well executed, and the ball came out a little late. Find ANY Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers interception and I'll bet a majority of the time you'll find an execution problem on the receiver, AND a less than perfect pass.

Do me a favor now too. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
With all due respect, I've played and studied this game longer than you've been alive.

tavian

He ran that route correctly. I'm not even sure how a player rounds his route off AFTER the break. He got appropriate depth on the break and didn't drift unnecessarily. He gained only 1 yard of depth coming out of the break. That's completely normal on an intermediate out route. The problem there is the throw, not the route.
no he didn't.the route was a out route.which after the break is straight down the line.he rounded it allowing defender better position to get underneath.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Case Keenum did his part & and I have nothing bad to say about him. The rookie has now had 5 games to learn from the bench.

I'm sure Fisher will be doing some soul searching these next 48 hrs pondering about his quarterbacks.

"If the kid is even close to ready, It's Time to take the DIAPERS off of Jared GOFF"

maxresdefault.jpg

Fuckk this 2nd String bullsh!t
fgar.0.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guy. I've played the game, and I know what a receiver is supposed to do on an out route and how that play should unfold. And I've watched it 10 times. He didn't slow down. The whole route was the same 80% speed. He rounded it off, turned it slightly up, and spun his head around before he was already beaten to the spot he was supposed to be.

And you don't think I know that Goff would put more zip on that pass? Are you planning on telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to quarterbacks too now? Goff could throw that pass harder than Peyton Manning as well. What does that mean to me? The route was lazy, not well executed, and the ball came out a little late. Find ANY Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers interception and I'll bet a majority of the time you'll find an execution problem on the receiver, AND a less than perfect pass.

Do me a favor now too. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
With all due respect, I've played and studied this game longer than you've been alive.

I've played the game, I've coached, and I know route running technique better than anything else. He did slow down. He ran the route based on how it was drawn up in the passing concept. The ball was thrown poorly.

Not going to continue arguing in circles over this. This wasn't the WR's mistake.

And you've missed multiple edits where I reigned in my comments (including the comment that pissed you off). Relax.

tavian

I've played the game, I've coached, and I know route running technique better than anything else. He did slow down. He ran the route based on how it was drawn up in the passing concept. The ball was thrown poorly.

Not going to continue arguing in circles over this. This wasn't the WR's mistake.

And you've missed multiple edits where I reigned in my comments (including the comment that pissed you off). Relax.
So have I.I have coached this game for 15 years and I know what an out route is.He ran a lazy route.
I will give you the throw could have been better.Probably better not thrown.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Then we're not seeing the same thing. It was poorly run, and it was also a late spot throw.

Relax now? Pissed off? I gave you due respect and asked you to refrain from saying that to me.
You can't make me mad. It just surprised me that you would say that to me is all. I thought we had more respect for each other.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
If you want to know why its not Goff time, watch a replay of the Broncos game. Lynch got crushed about 100 times and looked exactly like the never played under center rookie he is. The difference is Goff would go on IR. He's not ready physically for the NFL yet.
Get over it and support Case K.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If you want to know why its not Goff time, watch a replay of the Broncos game. Lynch got crushed about 100 times and looked exactly like the never played under center rookie he is. The difference is Goff would go on IR. He's not ready physically for the NFL yet.
Get over it and support Case K.

So because Paxton got beat up, Jared would too? That's some sound logic right there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So have I.I have coached this game for 15 years and I know what an out route is.He ran a lazy route.
I will give you the throw could have been better.Probably better not thrown.

Brother, how you run a route depends on the coverage and the route concept. Cooper broke at 10 and rolled to 12. That's completely normal on an intermediate out route. Guys moving that quickly can't make a 90 degree cut on a dime. The ball was under-thrown and lacked zip.

It didn't matter what line he kept there. That throw was going to be under-cut. It wasn't the route. It was the throw.

That play was designed to make the defender choose to either come under the route or go over the pick. Keenum can't make that throw on a play designed like that when you know there's a high likelihood the CB is coming under the pick. You have to put the ball out in front of the WR and over the top. It's an extremely challenging throw. But he's a NFL QB. He has to make it.

Then we're not seeing the same thing. It was poorly run, and it was also a late spot throw.

Relax now? Pissed off? I gave you due respect and asked you to refrain from saying that to me.
You can't make me mad. It just surprised me that you would say that to me is all. I thought we had more respect for each other.

I edited that out maybe 10 seconds after I posted it. You quoted my post before I edited it. It was heat of the moment. Which I tried to explain in another edit...but you quoted my post before I could make that edit. :p

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So because Paxton got beat up, Jared would too? That's some sound logic right there.

Yep. It's not like we've seen rookie QBs succeed this year. So why not assume the worst? Especially when our starting QB has 4 TDs to 6 turnovers.

tavian

Brother, how you run a route depends on the coverage and the route concept. Cooper broke at 10 and rolled to 12. That's completely normal on an intermediate out route. Guys moving that quickly can't make a 90 degree cut on a dime. The ball was under-thrown and lacked zip.

It didn't matter what line he kept there. That throw was going to be under-cut. It wasn't the route. It was the throw.

That play was designed to make the defender choose to either come under the route or go over the pick. Keenum can't make that throw on a play designed like that when you know there's a high likelihood the CB is coming under the pick. You have to put the ball out in front of the WR and over the top. It's an extremely challenging throw. But he's a NFL QB. He has to make it.

I edited that out maybe 10 seconds after I posted it. You quoted my post before I edited it. It was heat of the moment. Which I tried to explain in another edit...but you quoted my post before I could make that edit. :p
I give up.Hard to to debate with someone who is always right even when they are dead wrong.
You are comical.

Rambo

UDFA
I agree Cooper ran a bad route. When you have a defender behind you and to your inside you dont keep running straight out, you adjust and try to block the defender from getting to your inside and making an interception. It was still a bad pass though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I give up.Hard to to debate with someone who is always right even when they are dead wrong.
You are comical.

Are you trying to tell me that a WR isn't supposed to roll 2 yards from the breakdown point to their line coming out of the break on a speed cut?