Its Goff time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You mean.....even if it kills em? :cautious: I still don't believe this OL can protect a rookie.
By appearances, his ability to take a blast in the chest on the order Bradford or Kessler took today is highly suspect, IMO.

Keenum was protected incredibly well for much of the game. Our OL is a frustrating unit. It seems to give the QB plenty of time to throw on 8 out of 10 passing plays. And then those other 2 plays, they decide not to block at least one player.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I feel it is indeed time for Goff but not at the expense of disrespecting Keenum. He's done all he's capable of doing I think. No need to say that stinks, sucks, is garbage etc. But of course, I'm just like the rest of you here. I really don't have a clue if Goff is ready or if it is the best move for the team. It's just a want fueled by excited anticipation of a positive change of using a new potentially very valuable tool.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The only thing I've noticed missing in the debate is that a proper out pattern is not just cut perpendicular, the WR always must work back toward the line of scrimmage after the cut.

Anyway, that all doesn't change the blame of this pick, in my opinion:
#1 on it a bad play call (not matching our QB's strengths)
#2 on the QB.
WR is a distant #3.

Regardless if the ball was thrown by Keenum, Goff, Brady or Elway, I mean of all the WR's on the ROSTER you gotta be freaking kidding me!

Boras/Groh or who ever gave the green light? allowed a green rookie WR that has just recently been getting regular season game snaps to get that call in the huddle?

Keenum can be given what ever portion of the blame he deserves but I believe the odds of something going wrong on that play call went up 50% the minute they called Cooper's number in the huddle.

I like Cooper but Him or even Spruce should've been the last WR's chosen for that specific play. I'm guessing that play will be reviewed several times by Groh, all the WR's and QB's to use over and over as a painful but teaching reminder.

http://cbsprt.co/2dQ0APV

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless if the ball was thrown by Keenum, Goff, Brady or Elway, I mean of all the WR's on the ROSTER you gotta be freaking kidding me!

Boras/Groh or who ever gave the green light? allowed a green rookie WR that has just recently been getting regular season game snaps to get that call in the huddle?

Keenum can be given what ever portion of the blame he deserves but I believe the odds of something going wrong on that play call went up 50% the minute they called Cooper's number in the huddle.

I like Cooper but Him or even Spruce should've been the last WR's chosen for that specific play. I'm guessing that play will be reviewed several times by Groh, all the WR's and QB's to use over and over as a painful but teaching reminder.

http://cbsprt.co/2dQ0APV

Can't disagree with this. Should have been Austin running that route.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Keenum was protected incredibly well for much of the game. Our OL is a frustrating unit. It seems to give the QB plenty of time to throw on 8 out of 10 passing plays. And then those other 2 plays, they decide not to block at least one player.

Keenum had a very clean pocket on the back-breaking pick six. Ditto on the missed opportunities to Quick and Tavon - both throws Goff could have put exactly on the spot.

RAMNATION

Rookie
Fisher takes the blame to sort of diffuse the issue, he does not believe any of his decisions are wrong, which in my opinion is why the rams offense continues with the same old predictable scheme.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
L.A. reporters need to seriously do one thing .. don't show up to press conferences... don't ask questions. Publicity in business is a good thing nowadays....good or bad. So if there is nobody there to ask questions and give them a "free look" ... then they have to start worrying. they can't lie/make up reasons for things. they can't "promote"things upcoming for free. They then have to worry about losing the "public eye" early on. they have to see that they have lost the "attention" and "luster".

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I retract my opinion on the Cooper route. I rewatched it. He did drift too much coming out of his break.

I still maintain that the throw was going to get picked either ways, though.
The first step is admitting you have a problem.lol
Just kidding jrry.Go Rams!Bring on the Goff era!

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
That play doesn't fall on Cooper.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000718146/Nickell-Robey-Coleman-picks-off-Case-Keenum-takes-it-in-for-a-TD

Cooper ran the route correctly. He's trying to pick the CB. The problem is that Keenum simply didn't have the arm to get the ball there. It hung in the air, which allowed the CB to undercut it.

I'm not going to knit-pick.......When I saw the play live, it appeared that he rounded off the route. And, the video confirms what I saw. However, I don't think it would've made a difference ; the pass would've been an INT ......it is all on Keenum.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
my turn at dead horse play...................should have been someone else throwing the pass. i'm done.(y)

195e52b499fb72ff559935307ca63bab.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I retract my opinion on the Cooper route. I rewatched it. He did drift too much coming out of his break.

I still maintain that the throw was going to get picked either ways, though.
That's big of you. Thanks.
And you're right. It was getting picked either way.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Are you trying to tell me that a WR isn't supposed to roll 2 yards from the breakdown point to their line coming out of the break on a speed cut?

Jrry....... I see him starting his cut at the 38 and then ends up at the 42 ..... 4 yards... That is not a clean enough cut for an Out route regardless if it is combo with another route. If Cooper doesn't drift on the route, he's probably in position to contest the catch.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Jrry....... I see him starting his cut at the 38 and then ends up at the 42 ..... 4 yards... That is not a clean enough cut for an Out route regardless if it is combo with another route. If Cooper doesn't drift on the route, he's probably in position to contest the catch.

Sorry ...... I posted before I saw your reply to X....... Never mind :)

jap

Legend
I really don't wanna hear any more Goff from any of you!!! Just put the puppy in and let him grow up as quickly & efficiently as possible.

Quickie wants more TD's. Kenny says he can beat any CB in the league. Tavon says his receiving average is condemned to remain below 10 yards a grab unless someone can consistently find him downtown amongst the trees. Higbee and Coop says they are ready for some serious YAC.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I was at the game. I witnessed Keenum underthrow a wide open receiver early in the game. It would have been a touchdown IF Keenum had the arm to get it there. The pick 6 was due to the slow motion travel time of Keenums throw, even though it was a short pass. When we were at the 4 minute mark in crunch time Keenum threw 2 ugly passes ( didn't help his case) If Goff is ready, so am I.

I was there too .... you mean the one he OVERTHREW to Quick? ( tongue in cheek )

And, regarding the pick 6, if you go back and watch the replay and estimate where Cooper would be when the ball arrives if he had been at the 39 yard line, near his break, instead of the 42..... maybe the defender has to contest Cooper for the ball.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Something tells me he'll get all stubborn and keep Keenum in if he starts getting hounded.

Hope not.

I was him saying Goff was ready last week was an indicator he would be starting if this happened.