Its Goff time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Ya I was fine as long as we were winning but after today sorry but keenums time is up. We could have won this game easy with some good throws at critical times

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do you think we could keep this discussion about Goff, and not so much use it as an auxiliary vent thread?
Just askin'. It would be nice and stuff.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
d402b18a1cc44750ae3f8512fc722d18.png

You are the lead train engineer?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Goff needs to start pure and simple. He can fuck up just as much as keenum can but succeed far better. It's goff time!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Plus Goff showed in pre-season already he isn't scared to put the ball in a tight window. Case isn't capable of doing that, so we never throw in the red zone, and the result us we end up settling for FGs because the defense knows a Gurley run is coming.

…..

Legend
So the million dollar question is going to be does Fisher have the resolve to make a quarterback change

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I've reached the point where the benefits outweigh the negatives of starting Goff.
Keenum was supposed to be the guy that didn't make big mistakes, and puts us in a position to win games. These interceptions in crucial situations are killing us.
I get that we are still 3-2 and in a decent enough position, but it's a really slippery slope in the NFL when you're a team that's been winning in the way that the Rams have the last few weeks.
If it were Goff making the same mistakes as learning in the process it would be an easier pill to swallow, but clearly that isn'the the case...
Let's give our number 1 pick a chance and see what he can do.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
its hard to know for sure what going on with the limited view you get watching the game, but Keenum's reluctance to throw the ball downfield on those last 2 drives was pretty sad. Especially the last drive where there was literally nothing to lose by throwing it downfield. Its not a good sign when even Keenum doesnt trust his arm.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wondering if a trip to London the best time to start a rookie QB?

jap

Legend
Wondering if a trip to London the best time to start a rookie QB?

Well, the Gurley Man is definitely loosening up. I thought he might corral his first 2016 century mark effort today, but Case & Co. didn't do enough to lessen the over attention being paid to the Express! Now ya put a signal caller behind center with the accuracy, touch, height, & arm strength to find even tiny Tavon downfield amidst a forest of DB's, and they will have to! back off TGII. A quick death by bombs is definitely worse than a slow death from the Gurley Express! rambles. Of course, if Todd starts making 70-yard, 80-yard dashes to pay dirt, it really doesn't make much difference how our opponents die.

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
So the million dollar question is going to be does Fisher have the resolve to make a quarterback change
IMO, I don't see a change until after the bye week, and that's a big maybe. He will state the loss was from kicking FGs rather than TDs, missing key D-Lineman, some missed blocking assignments by the O-Line, inconsistent special teams, and too many penalties... basically 7-9 BS. "And, we will get these things fixed." Unless Kroenke walks into his office and tells him to start Goff, he will continue to go with Keenum. At this point, if we are 4-3 at the bye I will be simply amazed.

Ram65

Legend
images

I thought it would be all aboard the Goff Cart.

It looks like their wouldn't be enough room,

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Selfishly the thought of a QB change is exciting, but I do not wish this mess on Goff. If he goes in there he's gonna get killed by this o-line and roasted for taking over a "winning" team and losing. As of now I hope he sits the rest of the season, maybe that changes at some point but inserting him now I think would be a disaster.